Old 05-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #11

So they moved the fan sensor to another location away from the constant heat source(I'm assuming) and the problem seems to have cleared up.
../fingerscrossed.
Thanks for all your replies and help.
Much appreciated..

Old 05-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #12

Do you know where they moved it?

I'm dealing with the cycling fan issue myself right now. Dometic C/S is telling me the vent fan sensor needs to be moved to avoid the annoying short cycling. They gave me a local repair shop. I called them and they never heard of it but said it sounds like an easy fix.

I'd like to fix it myself if possible, so I don't have to drag the camper out for this trivial (but annoying) item.

You wouldn't know what they did with the sensor? I'm thinking the sensor is right inline with the fan's airflow right now. Cool air blows on it and it shuts off only to get hot again a few seconds later.

Edit: As a side note my dealer is telling me it's the way it is and designed that way... Argh...

Old 05-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Depending on your fridge, you might not even have a fan in that. Mine doesn't, but I understand some now do.

Here I go, quoting myself again.

I stand corrected, my DM 2652 does have a cooling fan. I got curious and checked out the schematics, and that puppy was listed right there in black and white. For them life of me, I can't find it.....I think it is above the outside access hole.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #14
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhime View Post
So they moved the fan sensor to another location away from the constant heat source(I'm assuming) and the problem seems to have cleared up.
../fingerscrossed.
Thanks for all your replies and help.
Much appreciated..
To what constant heat source are you referring?

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #15

Fridge Fan Cycle

Im having the same problem with my Rockwood refrig fan coming on and then turning in short cycles. Like mentioned above it was driving me nuts. To the point where I had to turn the refrig off at night to be able to sleep. Im also interrested in where the sensor is located and how to relocate it so this problem is resolved.

Dave
Old 05-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #16

Ok, I called my rv dealership and the service lady explained what they did.
She first mentioned that Dometic will pay for the work done at the service center under the warranty.
The thermal disc(on the exhaust of the fridge) needs to be moved further away from the fan sensor. The sensor was reading too much heat being too close to the fridge exhaust(the heat source I referred to).
The fridge needs to be pulled(and gas lines shut off and disconnected) to do this hence the service center should do it.
I hope this helps you guys out...
Old 05-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #17

Fan Noise

The one problem I see with just moving the heat sensor is that it should keep the fan from coming on so much but the noise will still be there when it does cycle on and that is still a problem for me. What really needs to be done is the sensor needs to be relocated and a new low noise fan needs to be installed. I think from other older posts this is how the problem can be resolved. Any comments on this. PS.....If one thinks the inside noise from the fan is loud just go outside when the fan comes on and hear the sound there. Even higher to the point I will not sit outside near the vent. Thats how bad it is.

Dave
Old 05-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #18

Our double door Dometic fridg has a fan and it runs on and off . During the day you dont hear it much but at night when you sleep you really can hear this fan and it is not coming from the converter. Sometimes you can hear a lot of sessions start and stop and after it can get quiet for a while and after the whole process is starting again. I gess we have to live with it. If it gets over your head a small fan in the background will blend the 2 noises together.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #19

Thanks for the info Rhime. I think I might just live with it for a while... But down the road I might look at an alternative solution. I'm thinking I'll install an always on ultra-quiet PC fan. I've read other forums of people using quiet 12 volt PC fans with success. Always on cause I think a constant quiet hum is better then on and off pattern. I could even install a concealed switch in a cabinet. I've called a local service center, guy was nice but never heard of any such repair from dometic under warranty. So I'm either fighting with them or doing my own thing.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdmc View Post
The one problem I see with just moving the heat sensor is that it should keep the fan from coming on so much but the noise will still be there when it does cycle on and that is still a problem for me. What really needs to be done is the sensor needs to be relocated and a new low noise fan needs to be installed. I think from other older posts this is how the problem can be resolved. Any comments on this. PS.....If one thinks the inside noise from the fan is loud just go outside when the fan comes on and hear the sound there. Even higher to the point I will not sit outside near the vent. Thats how bad it is.

Dave
I'm hoping the fan will only cycle on every few hrs at which point, I'll be fast asleep..
It could be possible to swap a quiet fan similiar to a computer fan.
*For those of you who might be willing to live with it, I would look into a fix because the cycling on & off will help with draining your battery.

Tags
fan