Old 06-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #31
how do you pull the fridge? What's holding it in there?

I pulled the outside panel off this past weekend and it's the fan, but there' no way to reach up in there.
I'll gladly pull the fridge and move the sensor!

Jill & Chris, Wills (14) Evie (11) & Toby our collie (5)
2011 Grey Wolf 28BH
2013 Chevy K1500 Crew w/ Reese StraitLine Dual Cam

Nights camped 2011: 11 2012: 18 2013: 12 2014: 12 2015: 13 2016: 3
prof_fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #32
the frig pulls from the inside. u undo the gas line and unplug the electrical. the mounting screws are located on flange that fits against the cabinet on the inside of the trailer. take them out and pull into the trailer.
depending on where that sensor is, it may be easier to take the vent off and reach down in there. in other words, i don't know where it is but assume it would be near the ceiling.
oh i didn't account for the vent fan wire...that will most likely have to be disconnected also.
i would probably locate that sensor (switch) before i pulled the frig.

jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:56 AM   #33
dalemel 5924: I have found the perfect cure for this fridg that cycle on and off. Get a evaporator fridg home motor and install it inside the fridg. I have done that on all my 13 trailers that I had over the years. I had to find a cure for this anoying on and off affair specially at night when you try to sleep. These motors usually comes with the fan and bracket. In this case I mounted a l bracket and this fits perfectly without any drilling on the fridg side. I installed a switch ( rocker ) to turn it on and off as needed. These motors are almost silent when they runs. Your fridg cools perfectly and gess what: the 12 voltbuilt in motor in the fridg dont even start at all. See my pictures. I know that with your knowledge in electrical it will be a piece of cake to install. Try it. See my pictures included
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06620.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	6482   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06621.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	6483  
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #34
I beg to differ. If you go to the website for the fridge you will see that there are 2 fans mounted at the top of the fridge at the back to cool the condensor.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #35
I have on fan and was mounted away from the sensor so I moved it so it is directly under the sensor made no difference still runs when sun is on that side of the trailer it also runs when you first cool the fridge down even in the shade runs almost all day untill the refer is cold and cycles on and off when fridge is on.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:47 PM   #36
Well our T21FBS has been in Lazy Days for warranty work, and when I put it in, I printed some of this thread and brought the subject with the dealer. They took it up with Dometic and the result, problem fixed without any effort.
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread -- it solved my problem very easily.
If you can't wake up with a smile on your face, go to bed with a coat hanger in your mouth!!

2005 Ford F150 5.4
2011 Salem 21FBS
greenliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #37
That's awesome!

1999 F-150
2011 Cruise Lite 26BH
1,000,000mi of open road!
Rhime is offline   Reply With Quote