Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2018, 10:11 PM   #1

Furrion camera prep

Hello to all,

Picking up my new Salem 337bar tomorrow and we are very excited. It is prepped for the Furrion backup camera. Can I buy the Furrion FOS 48 OBSERVATION/BACKUP camera? I read in a couple of posts that Forest River preps for only the backup camera and not the observation camera. My dealer didn't know, so before I buy the observation option I want to make sure it will work as well as backup option and would not have to change any wires. Appreciate any input you may have.

Thanks
Pierre C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:58 PM   #2

It will work. It is wired from factory and is taped into the marker lites. As long as you have your marker lites on you will have camera.
jetmechoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmechoh View Post
It will work. It is wired from factory and is taped into the marker lites. As long as you have your marker lites on you will have camera.
Correct, it is only a 12 volt power supply and that's all you need. Everything on either camera is all wireless but spend a little extra and get the observation, you won't be disappointed.
Okmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:05 PM   #4

I bought the observation camera - works great - never a problem- only need to have your parking lights on or full lights on for it to work. Never a problem driving down the road and going on or off. Love it - worth the price. Bought online via Walmart, a lot cheaper than at dealership.
Carl Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:34 PM   #5

Thank you all for the info. We are ordering it tomorrow.
Pierre C. is offline   Reply With Quote