Old 03-15-2016, 01:46 PM   #31
I had a camp trailer for years.. sold it and bought a Harley so we tent camped from 2007 to 2015. I am a hunter so we already had all the outdoor cooking stuff.. dutch ovens, portable propane grills, cast iron skillets...
We bought the FR3 last June and outfitted it with a new Charbroil propane grill. We had a Coleman Grillin Griddle that I had from years ago and we put that one in there for breakfasts....
If we are boondocked out some place, we'll cook steaks dogs or chicken on the grill, and cook breakfast on the griddle.... but if we are in a campground close to town, we like to get out and see what the local stuff looks like and maybe eat a meal or two from the area... like the coast, or whatever... maybe hit a brewery or a winery someplace... most times we don't take food to even cook... we'll just take snacks and drinks... if it's just the wife and I, I'll pop in a frozen jimmy dean sausage sandwich and make coffee....
We have pretty crappy weather in Oregon most of the time... (summers excluded) we have around 8 months of rain and wind so cooking outside becomes a pain real quick...
Local restaurants sometimes have interesting history of the area you can enjoy too...

2015 FR3 30 DS
1995 Wrangler
Miles 3708
Days Camped 28
twojump36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:58 PM   #32
We precook and freeze a lot of our meals that can last more than a week. Cooking out is fun, but not having to cook is not a bad thing. We carry a Weber for grilling.

Our kids bought us an electric pressure cooker that we are eager to try out. It works as a steamer, slow cooker, and pressure cooker in one. The kids have one and love it. We can set this up outdoors on a table. There are a lot of great one-pot recipes.

PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:04 PM   #33
Twojump36: I agree. I spent a month last Fall in Oregon. The evenings were chilly and lot's of rain. I enjoyed trying the local seafood and clam chowder. I too like to try the local cuisine when traveling instead of what I usually prepare. I find that I end up wasting food because Of being too tired to cook or barbecue after a long day of fun or driving.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:11 PM   #34
We cook outside. We have only cooked inside when we were testing to make sure the stove and oven worked.
Kelly and Stephen with Daisy, Lily, and Roxy!

Run Free Sweet Riley 2009-2015

Visit our blog for more information and details!
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:16 PM   #35
Cook outside 98.9% of the time. Even do my crockpot outside. If we are forced to inside we do sandwiches or leftovers. Stovetop is good but oven is very small. I also have electric griddle and just bought a Foreman grill and am going to try that out this season for panini inside.
2016 Grey Wolf 26rr
2005 Honda VTX 1300
2002 F150 5.4L extended cab 6.5 bed
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:41 PM   #36
Just added this to my arsenal of outside cooking devices.
Absolutely love it!
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 44
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:58 PM   #37
I love my Grill..... and the DW who uses it.....
Brother Les

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:15 PM   #38
We have a great indoor kitchen. Having said that we also have the outside kitchen and bumper grill. Really enjoy outside kitchen since it keeps us outside. Our bumper grill works great; although it's on the smallish side. It will do 6 hamburgers and 4 hotdogs at one time or 6 really nice steaks. It plugs into the gas system so I have nothing extra to carry. Course we carry a fire grate so we can cook over open flame too. Lol. What really helps is the little half bath we access from outside. We have the 346QBUD Salem hemisphere.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:19 PM   #39
OP about grilling, 100% outside, have several choices of grills but do love my lodge sportsman and hickory wood. Inside cooking is very limited, coffee, stove top sides like rice or boil and mix stuff. pizza and biscuits in the oven from time to time. A lot of Dutch ovens go with us
2015 Shamrock 21DK
2005 Silverado Ext cab

Nights camped 2016..... not enough
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:31 PM   #40
Cookin' inside or out?

FORD IDAHO - bout wet myself with the eggs on the grate
Tent camped (kid, scouts, family) for many moons, have everything from cast iron to electric griddle, convection microwave, Coleman Roadtrip gas grill, crock pot, electric skillet.... Just kinda let the DW menu, weather and if we're with family or camping buds drive what to use, fun having selection so whatever suits your fancy, do it..just enjoy and

2016 Sunseeker 3050S
2012 Ford Edge TOAD
Blue Ox & RVIBrake
2014 - 37; 2015 - 58; 2016 - 64
mkekflyers is offline   Reply With Quote