Old 06-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #11
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Do you have an adapter for plugging into the house line? Since I don't have an extension cord yet I will turn on the propane tank to run the fridge while getting ready for a trip.

If your dealership is close enough by I would drop by and ask questions for what you need to know right now. Write down notes, use your smartphone to take pics or video.

Unless your starter kit is better than what most of us received you may wish to upgrade the sewer hose sooner than later. Just compare it to other brands and see if there's a big difference or not. It's your choice.

Checklists are useful for many of us. Herk gets a lot of kidding about his detailed lists but many of us tend to borrow from it what we can use and create our own checklist. I didn't use a checklist last trip and almost forgot to pack clothes.

The fridge can take a long time to get cold anywhere from several hours to most of a day. From what I understand the fridge seems to get cold faster running off propane than shore power. Try to keep the door close and remember that the freezer will get cold first. The top shelf in the fridge will be the closest as it is the closest to the freezer. Check your fridge temp on the bottom shelf. Recommend getting two thermometers - one for the freezer and one for the fridge.

If you get to the campground and need help - please ask. RVers are friendly and willing to help especially a new RV owner.

Back to the checklists - a suggestion would be to have a checklist for packing & getting ready for a trip, one for setting up camp and one for breaking camp. Carry a notebook and pen so you can dot down notes including what you need to bring next time.

Take it easy and don't sweat the small stuff - you will do fine. Just take it one step at a time and enjoy the journey. And keep in mind you really don't need to buy everything right now. As time goes on you will find out what you need or really can use.

Thank you so very much for the info, I n it took awhile to think about this suff, I'm heading out to the dealership, it's 40 mins away, and go over some stuff again. I'll c if I can find the check list and copy and print it out today.

Coldsteel1986 is offline   Reply With Quote