Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2016, 01:13 PM   #21
Happy Camper

We are loving our 262BHXL. We have owned it less than a year, and have pulled everywhere from the mountains to the beach. And everywhere in between.

Ours is a 2015 model. I don't know how long it will hold up, but it has served us well so far. Easy to tow with our half-ton Chevy Silverado.
Anderson Ultimate Connection 5th wheel hitch
Tonylmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:48 PM   #22

New camper

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tt. The folks on this forum are great and a wonderful source of help. We too have our first camper (a 2011 Rockwood Mini-lite 2304) and are heading out tomorrow for our first trip to try everything out. Staying close to home for our first trip . Enjoy your summer
JHurtgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:55 PM   #23

Congratulations on the 2017 and welcome to the forums.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:31 PM   #24

Congratulations from Maine, we have a 2015 261 BHXL. Wife and I are really happy with it. We did have a few small issues the first season but thing are good now.
2016 nights camped so far 120
Craigban157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:33 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadliner View Post
Oh I don't have it yet.. have to wait a few weeks. I had no clue that it wasn't more of a purchase and pickup kinda thing. Guess the dealer is backed up on walk throughs because of the start of the season. So you get yours before me
Yes, I know! We ordered ours back in March! They originally said 4-6 weeks ended up being 8 weeks. We are so excited though. I have been stalking this forum for months. All kinds of great info. I can't wait until I can actually contribute. I'll post up some pics of ours after I pick it up Monday. Congrats again and happy camping!
Jasdow77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:01 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbuckely View Post
I have a Salem CruiseLite 2015 241QBXL and like it a lot. Had some small issues that were taken care of by the dealer (also where I store it). Mine doesn't have a slide-and it seems there have been some posts about slide issues. It tows well (even in 40mph winds). I think you'll be happy with your unit. Have a great time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigban157 View Post
Congratulations from Maine, we have a 2015 261 BHXL. Wife and I are really happy with it. We did have a few small issues the first season but thing are good now.
Glad to hear from people with similar units! What kind of problems did you guys have? So I can keep a look out for them.
Roadliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
We are loving our 262BHXL. We have owned it less than a year, and have pulled everywhere from the mountains to the beach. And everywhere in between.

Ours is a 2015 model. I don't know how long it will hold up, but it has served us well so far. Easy to tow with our half-ton Chevy Silverado.
Glad to hear it is holding up well for you so far! And that it's easy to pull everywhere behind a half ton
Old 05-03-2016, 08:03 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHurtgen View Post
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tt. The folks on this forum are great and a wonderful source of help. We too have our first camper (a 2011 Rockwood Mini-lite 2304) and are heading out tomorrow for our first trip to try everything out. Staying close to home for our first trip . Enjoy your summer
Thanks! I've heard staying lose for the first trip is a must. We're heading about an hour away for ours the same weekend we pick it up.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Congratulations on the 2017 and welcome to the forums.

Thanks! I love forum groups.. always full of great information and people.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:04 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasdow77 View Post
Yes, I know! We ordered ours back in March! They originally said 4-6 weeks ended up being 8 weeks. We are so excited though. I have been stalking this forum for months. All kinds of great info. I can't wait until I can actually contribute. I'll post up some pics of ours after I pick it up Monday. Congrats again and happy camping!
Sheesh.. i don't know if I could wait that long! lol I thought 2 weeks was crazy
Old 05-03-2016, 08:25 PM   #31

Welcome and congratulations! We just purchased also and are picking up 2 weeks from today! A Forester 3051. Very exciting. I had a camper in my "other life". We started in a huge tent with 3 kids young children and 2 dogs then graduated to a used camper with bunks in the rear and a dinette we made up every night for us to sleep on and then bought a new Flagstaff with quad bunks in the back and our own bedroom. I will never regret the memories that we made with the kids on our travels. Went to Disney in it and many other great places. Enjoy!
gandb26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:59 PM   #32

We had a 2016 262BHXL the only difference between the units it the 263 now has a U-shaped dinette. We loved our camper but traded up to a 300 BH this year as we got a bigger truck. I installed the hydraulic bed lift bad storage so much easier.
Buffalo2VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:33 PM   #33

Congrats! We loved that model when we went to the show back in February, but we need a truck upgrade to pull it. I agree these forums are are great nice people and great information. Enjoy!

2008 Dodge Durango retired
2015 Salem cruise lite 195bh retired
2021 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26dbh
daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:41 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandb26 View Post
Welcome and congratulations! We just purchased also and are picking up 2 weeks from today! A Forester 3051. Very exciting. I had a camper in my "other life". We started in a huge tent with 3 kids young children and 2 dogs then graduated to a used camper with bunks in the rear and a dinette we made up every night for us to sleep on and then bought a new Flagstaff with quad bunks in the back and our own bedroom. I will never regret the memories that we made with the kids on our travels. Went to Disney in it and many other great places. Enjoy!
We've always been tent campers, But I've never cared for it. Too many other factors to making it a great weekend. Now we have the room and element protection to make it no matter what! Especially with having a baby now, everything should work out better... looking very forward to making all those childhood memories for her!
Old 05-04-2016, 09:38 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo2VA View Post
We had a 2016 262BHXL the only difference between the units it the 263 now has a U-shaped dinette. We loved our camper but traded up to a 300 BH this year as we got a bigger truck. I installed the hydraulic bed lift bad storage so much easier.
I was talking to the wife about that being something we should do... how did you do it? Was it a kit? or did you just mount some generic ones?
Old 05-04-2016, 09:40 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by daybreak View Post
Congrats! We loved that model when we went to the show back in February, but we need a truck upgrade to pull it. I agree these forums are are great nice people and great information. Enjoy!
I can totally understand.. I had several we looked at that were AMAZING, but just too heavy. I think this one is a great model that I can pull with my truck and not have to worry about it.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:44 AM   #37

Quote:
We've always been tent campers, But I've never cared for it. Too many other factors to making it a great weekend. Now we have the room and element protection to make it no matter what! Especially with having a baby now, everything should work out better... looking very forward to making all those childhood memories for her!
Years ago I would tent camp. When our daughter was 2 we tried again, she loved it but it was too stressful for me. I'm too old to sleep on the ground, and I didn't feel safe with her there. Last year we bought our TT and she loves it now at 4, but she won't sleep in her bunk so DH gets that honor and she sleeps with me lol. The memories for her are so worth it.

2008 Dodge Durango retired
2015 Salem cruise lite 195bh retired
2021 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26dbh
daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:38 AM   #38

Quote:
Glad to hear from people with similar units! What kind of problems did you guys have? So I can keep a look out for them.
My dining table had a little cracking at one end - replaced under warranty
One piece of stripping on the ceiling came loose and was glued back in place
One of the rear burners on the stove will only light when it's set to Low instead of High (living with that one)
Wire not properly connected on the tongue jack - fixed. (Ran real slow like it was ready to quit - and finally did)
Light above sink slightly loose - fixed.

Can't think of anything else. Have been out 16 days (at least) last year after purchase and 5 days so far this year. Looking for a place to go this month - and the time to do it.
MartiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:25 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by daybreak View Post
Years ago I would tent camp. When our daughter was 2 we tried again, she loved it but it was too stressful for me. I'm too old to sleep on the ground, and I didn't feel safe with her there. Last year we bought our TT and she loves it now at 4, but she won't sleep in her bunk so DH gets that honor and she sleeps with me lol. The memories for her are so worth it.
Lol yeah. i'm going to have to do a few little mods to keep her in the bunk and not roll out.. The odd shape of the front doesn't really lend to a store bought thingy
Old 05-05-2016, 04:27 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbuckely View Post
My dining table had a little cracking at one end - replaced under warranty
One piece of stripping on the ceiling came loose and was glued back in place
One of the rear burners on the stove will only light when it's set to Low instead of High (living with that one)
Wire not properly connected on the tongue jack - fixed. (Ran real slow like it was ready to quit - and finally did)
Light above sink slightly loose - fixed.

Can't think of anything else. Have been out 16 days (at least) last year after purchase and 5 days so far this year. Looking for a place to go this month - and the time to do it.
thanks.. I'll make sure to look at that stuff just to be safe

Tags
trailer