Old 05-11-2016, 09:54 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by daybreak View Post
I know, my husband ended up having knee surgery last year after our first ever trip in our TT. We wanted to add front stabilizers since ours only came with rear so we paid the dealer to install them. He would have done them if he could have and we should have just waited till this year, besides the price they used sheet metal screws and from just sitting all winter all but two broke.

If you can do it yourself your better off.
Definitely... I think if I hadn't had a site booked for 2 days after getting it, and already had to get them to move my date of pickup up because of that... i would have just done it myself. Pretty sure I'll just do the rest on my own. I'm not a mechanic or anything but I'm fairly handy. And I think after the vent covers nothing else will be a seal concern.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:28 PM   #52

Congratulations on your new camper! I feel your excitement--I just took delivery myself 10 days ago of my first camper, a 2016 261bhxl. I've spent the the last ten days packing it and plan on our maiden voyage this weekend to a state park 3 hours away. I haven't discovered any problems yet, but I'll be sure and report back if I come across anything. Have fun!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Old 05-11-2016, 10:39 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspot01 View Post
Congratulations on your new camper! I feel your excitement--I just took delivery myself 10 days ago of my first camper, a 2016 261bhxl. I've spent the the last ten days packing it and plan on our maiden voyage this weekend to a state park 3 hours away. I haven't discovered any problems yet, but I'll be sure and report back if I come across anything. Have fun!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
Nice! Congrats to you too ... glad to see how good that color scheme looks behind a silver truck lol. I have 2 days to pack her up, but I'm sure I will forget something because of it!
Old 05-11-2016, 11:38 PM   #54

Yep, we bought a lot of basics through Amazon. Prime is awesome. We did buy a few little items here and there, mainly Walmart. Our local dealer is way overpriced. $4200 overpriced on the trailer! That's why we traveled to get ours. There a several good threads on what people think you should have to get started. Check them out if you haven't already!

2000 Ford F-250 V10
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 273QBXL

2016= 5 Nights Camped
Jasdow77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:51 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasdow77 View Post
Yep, we bought a lot of basics through Amazon. Prime is awesome. We did buy a few little items here and there, mainly Walmart. Our local dealer is way overpriced. $4200 overpriced on the trailer! That's why we traveled to get ours. There a several good threads on what people think you should have to get started. Check them out if you haven't already!
I think we got an OK price on the trailer. I've seen it for more elsewhere. We paid 16,9 for it with an extended 5 year warranty. I hate that it only comes with a power cable. Hopefully it's of decent quality. Other than that, we got the vent covers added. I have to purchase sewer hose and stands, black tank sprayer, 50 to 30 adapter, 50 surge protector (all the sites we have booked so far are 50 amp hookup), chocks, water hose, filter, pressure controller, level, and tank chemicals. One of the tank drops says it eats up regular paper, so I figure I shouldn't need to buy special paper. Which is good because we buy paper products in very large bulk numbers. lol, like I just bought 1200 rolls of paper towels that should last me a very very long time. I figured I can cut a 2x8 into 1 foot sections for leveling a lot cheaper than buying the plastic blocks.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:53 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadliner View Post
Thanks! I've heard staying lose for the first trip is a must. We're heading about an hour away for ours the same weekend we pick it up.
Picked ours up last December and 1st trip was 730 miles from home. I thought that was close enough since it was winter and cool in SE NC so we went to FL.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:07 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Picked ours up last December and 1st trip was 730 miles from home. I thought that was close enough since it was winter and cool in SE NC so we went to FL.
lol, I can't imagine camping in December here. We recently moved up from Arkansas... had a mild winter.. and I still froze
Old 05-12-2016, 01:11 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadliner View Post
lol, I can't imagine camping in December here. We recently moved up from Arkansas... had a mild winter.. and I still froze
We moved down from Ohio to the southern coast of NC. "NO MO SNO"! It is not 'cold' here, it is Yankee Cool but FL is warmer. Made reservations to return this winter before we left.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:14 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
We moved down from Ohio to the southern coast of NC. "NO MO SNO"! It is not 'cold' here, it is Yankee Cool but FL is warmer. Made reservations to return this winter before we left.
must be nice lol
Old 05-12-2016, 02:22 AM   #60
Site Team

Congrats on your new Cruise Lite trailer! If you enjoy it half as much as I have my trailer then you will be pretty happy with it. I had a problem with the electric tongue jack the first day I took delivery but that was an dealer issue with the unit they elected to install. The dealer upgraded the jack and I have not had a problem with it since.

As you get out and camp in it you will end up determining your camping style. I brought a lot of stuff thinking I would need it but ended up returning half of it unused for a refund. I try to keep the stuff in my trailer down to a minimum when possible. I camp solo so I don't really have a need for some items most people will need and want which is where my camping style comes into play.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer