Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2016, 11:51 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Congrats on your new Cruise Lite trailer! If you enjoy it half as much as I have my trailer then you will be pretty happy with it. I had a problem with the electric tongue jack the first day I took delivery but that was an dealer issue with the unit they elected to install. The dealer upgraded the jack and I have not had a problem with it since.

As you get out and camp in it you will end up determining your camping style. I brought a lot of stuff thinking I would need it but ended up returning half of it unused for a refund. I try to keep the stuff in my trailer down to a minimum when possible. I camp solo so I don't really have a need for some items most people will need and want which is where my camping style comes into play.

Thanks! I'm hoping we enjoy it.. we have 5 trips planned this year so far.. keep adding more though. I know I will end up overpacking.. lol, it's what I do. I'm too much of a gadget guy for my own good.
Roadliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:49 PM   #62

We picked her up! Can't wait to head out this weekend. we have a tiny little pin hole in the awning we found after we got home, and the front screen door sticks at the left upper corner. But those should be easy fixes. everything else is doing well so far.

I added a battery cutoff to it for ease, and have a few more modifications I want to do as time goes on. but right now, i'm just looking forward to hitting the road.

I did notice a ton of bouncing at speeds higher than like 50 on the highway coming home. I have a WD hitch and sway control on it. Is that something I jsut have to deal with and go super slow? or am I doing something wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camp.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	108408  
Old 05-20-2016, 08:47 AM   #63

Added this ugly thingamajig to the truck to protect the TT from rocks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160518_203540.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	108436  
Old 05-20-2016, 09:02 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadliner View Post
Added this ugly thingamajig to the truck to protect the TT from rocks.
My brother bought something similar for his previous TT, but does not need it with his new 5th wheel. I think his has broom bristle looking guards instead of the rubber flappy things yours has. He wants to give me his, now that he no longer needs it. I'm not sure I want it. As you point out, kinda ugly.

Of course, after 1 good chip in the TT from a stone, and I'll be all about bolting that thing on

Tuckerdog1

2016 RAM 2500 Cummins SLT Lone Star 4X4 LB
2016 Windjammer 3029W Platinum
I'm not an expert. But I play one on the internet.
You live & learn or you don't live long.
If you don't punish your children, life will.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:08 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdog1 View Post
My brother bought something similar for his previous TT, but does not need it with his new 5th wheel. I think his has broom bristle looking guards instead of the rubber flappy things yours has. He wants to give me his, now that he no longer needs it. I'm not sure I want it. As you point out, kinda ugly.

Of course, after 1 good chip in the TT from a stone, and I'll be all about bolting that thing on

Tuckerdog1
HAHA.. yeah, that's what I thought while putting it on... it's gonna keep me from chipping the trailer... it's gonna keep me from chipping the trailer.

I mean, at least it comes off when the shank is removed.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:21 PM   #66

Your new TT and TV look great! I hope you enjoy your new trailer! We are living ours.

2016 Ram 3500 Diesel DRW Limited
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 273QBXL
Jasdow77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:36 PM   #67

We did experience some pretty heavy porpoising on the highway. I think that's what the bouncing like crazy is called. Not really sure if that my truck or the trailer. I tried loosening my WD bars, and I think that extra weight on the hitch might have helped a little, but didn't fix it.... I guess next step is air shocks for the truck? Not real sure
Old 05-20-2016, 10:38 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasdow77 View Post
Your new TT and TV look great! I hope you enjoy your new trailer! We are living ours.
I gotta say, after the setup tonight. I love it. I mean I spent like an hour worrying about whether or not I was turning the hot water in right, and forgot to fill my water tank, so speno another hour lugging a 5 gallon container back and forth to fill it on site... but those are newbie mistakes. Sooo much better than setting up a tent site
Old 05-20-2016, 11:59 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadliner View Post
I gotta say, after the setup tonight. I love it. I mean I spent like an hour worrying about whether or not I was turning the hot water in right, and forgot to fill my water tank, so speno another hour lugging a 5 gallon container back and forth to fill it on site... but those are newbie mistakes. Sooo much better than setting up a tent site
Adding air bags may help hide the problem but I still think it is in your hitch setup.
Hope your HW was turned on to gas as on elec w/o water can easily burn the anode...
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:22 AM   #70

I would hop over to the towing sub and check out some of the other posts about people having the same issue. All the ones I read seemed to indicate a hitch issue. I didn't experience that unless we hit some serious rough spots... Only happened a couple times. Might help to go get your setup weighed... Whole other posts on how to do that. I'm hoping to get mine weighed this coming weekend.

2016 Ram 3500 Diesel DRW Limited
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 273QBXL
Jasdow77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:01 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Adding air bags may help hide the problem but I still think it is in your hitch setup.
Hope your HW was turned on to gas as on elec w/o water can easily burn the anode...
I'm not sure what else I can do with the hitch setup.. I've tried keeping the truck level, and tried adding more weight to the rear, and both had the same effect. I read in the towing section people saying it could be caused by bad shocks, and mine are 7 years old. So I figure if I have to replace something air bags might be better?

My water heater is only gas as far as I know. I didn't see a switch in there to turn electric on or off. Luckily it was unfounded worry... I was afraid it hadn't filled, but it had. Now I know how to check and see if it is full before turning it on atleast.

Tags
trailer