Old 05-16-2018, 09:54 AM   #91

Has anyone added scissor type stabilizers to their trailer and does it help with suppressing trailer movement when parked ?

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
2017 Ford F250 XLT 4x2 6.2L 3.73
alarge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:17 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by alarge1 View Post
Has anyone added scissor type stabilizers to their trailer and does it help with suppressing trailer movement when parked ?

Yes and Yes.
The 'stabilizers' that come with the Hemispheres are not that good at 'stabilizing'. I added a pair of scissor jacks permanently bolted just in front of the back bumper. I added a pair of scissor jacks just behind the front stabilizers. The four scissor jacks will 'lift' the units a little in order to take away the movement from the unit 'resting' on the tire leaf springs. The front scissor jacks are 'mounted' by using a 'Sav-a Jack brackets, where I can pull the front scissor jacks off when traveling.

SaveAJack.com

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:22 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Yes and Yes.
The 'stabilizers' that come with the Hemispheres are not that good at 'stabilizing'. I added a pair of scissor jacks permanently bolted just in front of the back bumper. I added a pair of scissor jacks just behind the front stabilizers. The four scissor jacks will 'lift' the units a little in order to take away the movement from the unit 'resting' on the tire leaf springs. The front scissor jacks are 'mounted' by using a 'Sav-a Jack brackets, where I can pull the front scissor jacks off when traveling.

SaveAJack.com

That's great to know !!! And you are right -- the factory stabilizers don't seem to do much at all. I know they aren't meant to eliminate the shaking altogether but I really need to find something a whole lot better.

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
Old 05-25-2018, 08:24 PM   #94

Can anyone tell me which fuse is for the dining room table light ? My panel isnít labeled well and there is no red light on.
mblee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:55 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblee21 View Post
Can anyone tell me which fuse is for the dining room table light ? My panel isnít labeled well and there is no red light on.
on mine it is the second one from the top (I think). Had trouble with blowing that fuse and none of the lights worked on the slide out. Light over table, wall light or light over sofa. The problem was that I installed the wrong light bulb into the wall light... kept on popping fuses until I put the correct bulb in.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
on mine it is the second one from the top (I think). Had trouble with blowing that fuse and none of the lights worked on the slide out. Light over table, wall light or light over sofa. The problem was that I installed the wrong light bulb into the wall light... kept on popping fuses until I put the correct bulb in.

Thanks. I will check that one. I am camping and I donít want to start checking all the fuses.
mblee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:27 PM   #97

Finally got around to getting the mounted outside. Has to bend the bracket out a bit to fit the PAWS part on back of the tv.
Roosterzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 10:06 AM   #98

New 2018 272RL owner reporting in.

Great floor plan, very roomy.

Locked out the first camp out. The nondeadbolt lock couldn't unlock. Couldn't turn key to unlock. Worked on it for a close to an hour until I got the tumblers to turn. Didn't lock it again until I dropped it off at the dealer to get fixed and the same thing happened. Luckily the dealer doesn't do much to fix them and just replaced the lock. All good now.

I have the same furnace vent problem in the kitchen and living room. I'll watch here if anyone gets a fix for that.

Big fan of awning slide toppers, always had them on my previous.

Lots of good info here!
blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:36 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
Great floor plan, very roomy.

Locked out the first camp out. The nondeadbolt lock couldn't unlock. Couldn't turn key to unlock. Worked on it for a close to an hour until I got the tumblers to turn. Didn't lock it again until I dropped it off at the dealer to get fixed and the same thing happened. Luckily the dealer doesn't do much to fix them and just replaced the lock. All good now.

I have the same furnace vent problem in the kitchen and living room. I'll watch here if anyone gets a fix for that.

Big fan of awning slide toppers, always had them on my previous.

Lots of good info here!

We love ours too !!! Compared to the previous TT this one is a suite at the Hilton !!! HA HA HA

That sucks about the lock !!! But I have found that if that should happen to us, some of the windows are actually easy to open -- even when they are "locked".

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
Old 07-22-2018, 08:18 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterzx2 View Post
Finally got around to getting the mounted outside. Has to bend the bracket out a bit to fit the PAWS part on back of the tv.
I just made an adaptor for the outside PAWS mount to use a different mount. Bought a mount for the bedroom and that will be the tv that goes outside. Didn't want to take the PAWS mount off from outside. Especially since none of the six holes lined up with the two on the new mount.