Old 05-16-2018, 09:54 AM   #91

Has anyone added scissor type stabilizers to their trailer and does it help with suppressing trailer movement when parked ?

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
2017 Ford F250 XLT 4x2 6.2L 3.73
alarge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:17 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by alarge1 View Post
Has anyone added scissor type stabilizers to their trailer and does it help with suppressing trailer movement when parked ?

Yes and Yes.
The 'stabilizers' that come with the Hemispheres are not that good at 'stabilizing'. I added a pair of scissor jacks permanently bolted just in front of the back bumper. I added a pair of scissor jacks just behind the front stabilizers. The four scissor jacks will 'lift' the units a little in order to take away the movement from the unit 'resting' on the tire leaf springs. The front scissor jacks are 'mounted' by using a 'Sav-a Jack brackets, where I can pull the front scissor jacks off when traveling.

SaveAJack.com

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:22 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Yes and Yes.
The 'stabilizers' that come with the Hemispheres are not that good at 'stabilizing'. I added a pair of scissor jacks permanently bolted just in front of the back bumper. I added a pair of scissor jacks just behind the front stabilizers. The four scissor jacks will 'lift' the units a little in order to take away the movement from the unit 'resting' on the tire leaf springs. The front scissor jacks are 'mounted' by using a 'Sav-a Jack brackets, where I can pull the front scissor jacks off when traveling.

SaveAJack.com

That's great to know !!! And you are right -- the factory stabilizers don't seem to do much at all. I know they aren't meant to eliminate the shaking altogether but I really need to find something a whole lot better.

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
2017 Ford F250 XLT 4x2 6.2L 3.73
alarge1 is offline   Reply With Quote