Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2018, 02:42 PM   #121

Thank you for the information.
HPJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:13 AM   #122
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterzx2 View Post
Looks like the convertor installed was bad. Tracked the power cable to the inverter installed inside the bedroom dresser. Got to it by taking out the middle drawer. Power to the plug for inverter was G2G, but the output seems to be dead..... so as I suspected ran off the batteries thru the weekend until they died.
Roosterzx2,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues and any inconveniences as a result of your concerns with your Hemisphere. If the issue with your converter is unresolved, please contact Miranda Blackburn in our service department by visiting this personalized link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

In order to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible, please use this link to outline your concerns and Miranda Blackburn will respond within 24 hours.

Thank you,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:57 AM   #123

How awesome is this !!! FR reps are seeing our posts AND coming to the rescue !!!

Awesome Customer Service !!!

Thanks FR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_FR View Post
Roosterzx2,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues and any inconveniences as a result of your concerns with your Hemisphere. If the issue with your converter is unresolved, please contact Miranda Blackburn in our service department by visiting this personalized link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

In order to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible, please use this link to outline your concerns and Miranda Blackburn will respond within 24 hours.

Thank you,
Forest River

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
2017 Ford F250 XLT 4x2 6.2L 3.73
alarge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:30 PM   #124

For those of you that winterize it yourself, how many gallons of antifreeze do you normally use? I normally blow my lines out but my compressor is messed up so I am going the antifreeze route.
mblee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:06 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblee21 View Post
For those of you that winterize it yourself, how many gallons of antifreeze do you normally use? I normally blow my lines out but my compressor is messed up so I am going the antifreeze route.
Two gallons. Open water tank by-pass, close water tank in-takes. Hook up short hose at water pump intake side and open farthest sink valves. pump anti-freeze and close valves when coming out... and move to next closer to water pump. unhook and drain shower hose. Pour some RV anti-freeze in each sink trap.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:04 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Two gallons. Open water tank by-pass, close water tank in-takes. Hook up short hose at water pump intake side and open farthest sink valves. pump anti-freeze and close valves when coming out... and move to next closer to water pump. unhook and drain shower hose. Pour some RV anti-freeze in each sink trap.

Thanks.
mblee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 03:24 PM   #127

Looks like the end for the 272RL. The new version is 273RL. Will be interesting to walk through the new model.
Hensley Hitch
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:52 PM   #128

I know this question has been asked thousands of times in forums but we are considering upgrading to a 272rl from a Surveyor 243rbs. Obviously there is a size and weight difference in the two just wondering what various tow vehicles are being used. Thanks
Nalleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:00 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalleyb View Post
I know this question has been asked thousands of times in forums but we are considering upgrading to a 272rl from a Surveyor 243rbs. Obviously there is a size and weight difference in the two just wondering what various tow vehicles are being used. Thanks
IMO, you need a 3/4 ton for the 272. It is capable of being 2500LBS heavier and is 7 feet longer than your 243. Also not sure what kind of WD or sway control you have but it may need upgraded as well. We pull our 272 with a 3/4 ton chevy gas and a Hensley hitch. We have no sway with the hitch. When you get winds around 25 and up we do feel side push. Our TT before was a Springdale 303 and this TT seems to be affected by wind more than the Springdale. May be because it is rear living and therefore rear heavy. As for pulling with the truck. I have not weighed this TT loaded and ready to camp, planning on doing that first trip this year. Im guess we are around 8500LBS, the Springdale weighed in at 9500LBS ready to go with a full water tank. Truck does fine keeping 60-65. If you get to a big hill you wont win any races to the top but it does fine.
Hensley Hitch
Old 01-18-2019, 03:45 PM   #130

I know this query has been asked thousands of times but what is everyone towing with?Currently using a Husky Centerline ts TV is a Ram 1500 5.7 appreciate the feedback.
Nalleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:47 AM   #131

Walked through the 273 yesterday. We would have bought that model but after having our 2019 272 I would choose that over the 273. The 273 bedroom does not have a dresser. However they took the wardrobe to the ceiling and it goes a bit closer to the floor. They added storage above the head of the bed. I prefer the dresser for space and the area on top for a place to catch "clutter". The bath is changed. The DW likes this bath mainly because of where the mirror is, more arm room. Seems to be a bit more storage in the bath. For me the bath is a wash, LOL. In the living space they moved the bath wall forward, that's why no dresser. Then added a hutch which looks very nice. The storage in the hutch isn't added space because they removed a few of the 272 storage areas. I would say the storage is very close to the same as the 272. The hutch does have a "clutter" area but I prefer the space in the bedroom for that. In conclusion the 272 is a score of 10 and the 273 is a 10 as well.
Hensley Hitch
Old 02-12-2019, 02:05 PM   #132

Thanks for the 273rl walkthrough , we just got an early 2018 272rl last year and I was wondering if I should have waited . Sounds like I'll be better off with the one we have . We have used it about 50 nights and we love it.
For anyone that's interested we tow with a 2007 Yukon Denali 6.2L 6speed AWD. It tows great with almost no sway . Has 10000# Equalizer WHD . Hitch set up makes huge difference .
busch543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:18 PM   #133

Spring has sprung! I just want to share my revelation to this group. I posted last year about endless troubles trying to get hot water to work (gas or electric). Well after many hours of Google searching (and persistence), I've learned that the hot water tanks were delivered in my unit in the "OFF" position, thus causing an overload at every attempt. Many of you may know (or many may not, like me) that the hot water tank is very well hidden next to the dresser drawer in the bedroom. You must pull the top drawer completely out to reveal the tank assy! Once I discovered this, I quickly OPENED the valves and began proper hot water production. Just wanted to share, as it was a large pain in the a__ for me. Happy campin

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20181105_185916001_29401.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	318.2 KB
ID:	199974
HPJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:36 AM   #134

converter location issue

Anyone here have problems with the converter needed to be reset occasionally?

Setting up camp in the cold we wanted to warm up the camper and not connected to shore power at the time. Heat on, slides going out, stabilizers going, lights on and then the converter tripped.

I read on the WFCO trouble shoot that it needs clearance for cooling from the fan. On the 272RL this converter is in the bottom of the dresser space where the furnace and duct work starts so it gets hot. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:59 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
Anyone here have problems with the converter needed to be reset occasionally?

Setting up camp in the cold we wanted to warm up the camper and not connected to shore power at the time. Heat on, slides going out, stabilizers going, lights on and then the converter tripped.

I read on the WFCO trouble shoot that it needs clearance for cooling from the fan. On the 272RL this converter is in the bottom of the dresser space where the furnace and duct work starts so it gets hot. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

You said that you were not on 'shore power'? From reading this, you have a lot going on with just using a 12v battery and the converter/charger not being 'on' to charge the battery and all the systems that you are using.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote