Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2017, 04:06 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAnOkie View Post
New to the 272rl hemisphere. Hello everyone.
Hello, see ya on the road
snub13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #62

Same here. And no one has the bulbs!
utterback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:04 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAnOkie View Post
New to the 272rl hemisphere. Hello everyone.
Welcome ! Okie from Jenks OK here

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
2017 Ford F250 XLT 4x2 6.2L 3.73
alarge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:37 AM   #64

Has anyone put awning covers on their side-outs ? and if so, what did you buy and how do you like them ?

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
Old 11-09-2017, 12:54 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by alarge1 View Post
Has anyone put awning covers on their side-outs ? and if so, what did you buy and how do you like them ?
just done mine a month ago , not hard , you need 2 people, purschased a Salaro , {check spelling}, $400 with shipping and tax, good intructions, make sure you order a 13' so a 1" 0n each side over hang. plenty of sealent on the holes .. good luck , best way to peserve the slide out roof being so flat ,
Bikerhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:00 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblee21 View Post
That's funny, 2 of 3 of mine have burn out too.
as mine 2018, 272rl , blows them too and a fuse, a tech told me the wire in the slide out might be shorted were it goes in the underside by frame, havnt got there yet , or also the wire junction box thats under the head of bed, yu have to take the wall out in the storage area to get to the box 4 screws holding the frame to remove the full lengh panel, box is on the entry door side , sometimes in buildng theres either a loose wire or one that got cut installing
Old 11-20-2017, 09:24 AM   #67

After our trip 2 weekends ago, I was preparing our TT for winterizing. Even though we have always been connected to city water for all of our trips (TT is only 6 months old) I opened the fresh water drain out of habit. To my surprise there was a steady stream draining from the tank. I would estimate that there was at least 10 gallons that was drained.

Since we have always used city water connection can I assume that the bypass valve is having an issue ? We will be going camping again this weekend so I am going to first run the water pump to make sure that is cleared before connecting the city water. I'll then check the fresh water drain after our trip to see what happens.

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
Old 11-20-2017, 09:41 AM   #68

Quote:
After our trip 2 weekends ago, I was preparing our TT for winterizing. Even though we have always been connected to city water for all of our trips (TT is only 6 months old) I opened the fresh water drain out of habit. To my surprise there was a steady stream draining from the tank. I would estimate that there was at least 10 gallons that was drained.

Since we have always used city water connection can I assume that the bypass valve is having an issue ? We will be going camping again this weekend so I am going to first run the water pump to make sure that is cleared before connecting the city water. I'll then check the fresh water drain after our trip to see what happens.

Maybe that is fresh water still in there from the PDI? Most dealers will add water to demonstrate that everything is working.
mblee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:42 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblee21 View Post
Maybe that is fresh water still in there from the PDI? Most dealers will add water to demonstrate that everything is working.

Good thought -- but I failed to mention -- when I got the TT home from the PDI in June I sanitized the FW tank and had drained it afterward.

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
Old 11-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #70

Winterizing our 272RL

Hello Hemi owners!
FYI, assuming others are doing the same, we winterized this week in time for freezing temps in Virginia. Did the air compressor version with some antifreeze in the p-traps since we're headed to FL in 5 wks and will miss the coldest of the season.
I was surprised not to find a low point drain on our unit (did I miss it?) so I drained all tanks (holding tanks, FW and HW), disconnected outdoor shower hose, hooked up an air hose via blowout plug to the black tank flush and then city water conn, and then let the unit rest overnite. Next day I blew the lines again, and was surprised that a bit more water came out of the outdoor shower conn. Curious, blew that out again and disconnected lines at the FW pump and found a bit more water. May not be enough to worry about, but as a first time owner I didn't want to take chances.
Remember to cover any opening that spiders and such will get into! Good luck!
lakeview105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:41 AM   #71

The low point drains on mine are below the water heater. Close to it anyways. They are nestled real close to the frame though. They have plugs and you have to unscrew them. I️ don’t know if you can ever get 100 percent of the water out put it isn’t going to hurt anything if a few drops are still in there. I️ blew mine out as well.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:46 AM   #72

Quote:
Good thought -- but I failed to mention -- when I got the TT home from the PDI in June I sanitized the FW tank and had drained it afterward.

Maybe the check valve on the water pump has some trash stuck in it or had some trash stuck in it allowing some water to pass through. I️ had that issue one time. Woke up one morning and my fresh tank was over flowing and I️ was hooked up. Ran my pump the rest of the trip to drain the fresh tank. I️ Hadn’t had a problem since. I️ would put some water in the fresh tank and turn the pump on and run some water through the pump.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:39 PM   #73

Thanks! First TT is like the first child: may have a tendency to go overboard with the TLC. I've learned a ton from this forum, so keep the advice flowing
Old 11-20-2017, 02:47 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeview105 View Post
Hello Hemi owners!
FYI, assuming others are doing the same, we winterized this week in time for freezing temps in Virginia. Did the air compressor version with some antifreeze in the p-traps since we're headed to FL in 5 wks and will miss the coldest of the season.
I was surprised not to find a low point drain on our unit (did I miss it?) so I drained all tanks (holding tanks, FW and HW), disconnected outdoor shower hose, hooked up an air hose via blowout plug to the black tank flush and then city water conn, and then let the unit rest overnite. Next day I blew the lines again, and was surprised that a bit more water came out of the outdoor shower conn. Curious, blew that out again and disconnected lines at the FW pump and found a bit more water. May not be enough to worry about, but as a first time owner I didn't want to take chances.
Remember to cover any opening that spiders and such will get into! Good luck!
Yep ... mine are under the water heater area too. I had to lay down and look up in order to access them.

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
Old 11-20-2017, 08:28 PM   #75

Thanks for the confirmation! I sure must have missed them, but will now take another look.
On a separate note, have you done any cool hacks on your 272rl? Other than mounting some brackets in the pass-thru for long things like brooms and walking sticks, I've focused mainly on sealants (more thorough with the silicone inside and out, for example), and routine preventative maintenance. We've done about 6K miles and 10 trips since April, so def getting our money's worth!
Old 11-21-2017, 08:31 AM   #76

I've done nothing yet except for stuff in the pass-thru. Going to make a small side table (and I do mean small) for the right side recliner. My wife wants a place to set some things there. I'll like to get some openers to attach to the outside kitchen door like others have done (see mblee21's post in this thread).

Other things are on my mind. Just need to get out there and do it. Can't wait until I retire next year so I have more time to play !!!

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
Old 11-21-2017, 10:04 AM   #77

I hear ya! But be forewarned about 'retirement': those folks who said they don't know how they ever had time to work were telling the truth. I've been retired 3 yrs now and am busier than ever (albeit with many things I love to do!). Like RVing!
Thanks again for the notes. We have the same TT so it will be helpful to share lessons learned along the road.
Carol
Old 11-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #78

We just finished 5 days out in our TT --- first time w/o water hookup and running from FW tank only. I think this was our 6 trip out in the new TT. Here are some issues I have found and will be returning it to the dealer for some work.

1) Using the furnace for the 1st time, I found that there is hardly any (if any at all) air coming out of the 2 floor vents in the dining and living. In looking at the furnace itself there are 4 separate supply hoses -- one for each vent (bedroom, bathroom, dining area and living area.

2) Having problems with the water heater. It works when running on electric but will not with propane. I can hear the igniter clicking trying to light but apparently there is no propane. Propane stove and oven work fine.

3) The water pump cycles on for about 1 second about 3 times an hour even when no water is being used. This can only mean it is losing pressure -- but is this normal ?

4) This one I have already mentioned --- when connected to city water there is water "leaking" into the FW tank. It is not a lot and as best I can tell the rate is about one gallon over a 3 day period.

I will be taking the TT in next week to have these issues looked at. I am wondering now if #3 and #4 are related. We'll see what the dealer says after they look at it.

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
Old 11-29-2017, 08:28 AM   #79

Hemisphere 272rl Owners Thread

sorry (typos)
Old 11-29-2017, 08:33 AM   #80

Quote:
We just finished 5 days out in our TT --- first time w/o water hookup and running from FW tank only. I think this was our 6 trip out in the new TT. Here are some issues I have found and will be returning it to the dealer for some work.

1) Using the furnace for the 1st time, I found that there is hardly any (if any at all) air coming out of the 2 floor vents in the dining and living. In looking at the furnace itself there are 4 separate supply hoses -- one for each vent (bedroom, bathroom, dining area and living area.

2) Having problems with the water heater. It works when running on electric but will not with propane. I can hear the igniter clicking trying to light but apparently there is no propane. Propane stove and oven work fine.

3) The water pump cycles on for about 1 second about 3 times an hour even when no water is being used. This can only mean it is losing pressure -- but is this normal ?

4) This one I have already mentioned --- when connected to city water there is water "leaking" into the FW tank. It is not a lot and as best I can tell the rate is about one gallon over a 3 day period.

I will be taking the TT in next week to have these issues looked at. I am wondering now if #3 and #4 are related. We'll see what the dealer says after they look at it.
Typo), I have the same issues water and furnace