Old 06-27-2017, 08:28 AM   #1

Hemisphere 272rl Owners Thread

We pick up our new 272rl this Thursday afternoon. We are trading in our 171rbxl (first TT we have ever owned) and are extremely anxious to try out our new TT !!! We love the layout, furnishings and the space that it provides.

So for all the 272rl owners I have this question --- other than the obvious things to look for during the PDI is there anything specific about the 272rl that I need to pay special attention to ?

I plan on recording the PDI with a GoPro for later reference (if needed) and I will report back on how that went but I am hoping for an uneventful PDI. This being a holiday weekend there are few, if any, camp sites available around locally and since the weather is going to be stormy we will probably do our first camping excursion in the driveway at home. It will give us a chance to get everything loaded back in the TT and to get more acquainted with all the new "gadgets".

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
2017 Ford F250 XLT 4x2 6.2L 3.73
alarge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:08 PM   #2

Hemisphere 272rl Owners Thread

I can't think of anything specific to look for in the PDI. Just check everything. We have had ours for a month and are going on our 3rd trip this weekend. We love it.

mblee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:24 AM   #3

We picked up our new 272rls last Thursday. Other than a couple of cosmetic things, the PDI went well. I have the Equalizer WDH on my truck ( F250 with 2 1/2" shank ) and the shank I had wouldn't work in terms of reaching the correct ball height for the new trailer. This required getting a new shank from the dealer. As we were in the middle of the PDI when I told the service guy to go ahead with a new shank that would work, I didn't even think about them using a 2" shank with spacer as the replacement.

After doing all the obligatory paperwork, we were on our way home. The trip was not a fun one. The sway was bad ... really bad !!! But we got it home safely and started our oooooohhhhh and aaaahhhhing over our new toy and getting all of our things loaded.

My attention then went to the hitch setup. Upon closer inspection I first that they had replaced my old 2 1/2 shank with the 2 inch shank with a reducer. While I sure this is acceptable to some people, I really don't like how much play there is in this setup. There is a least a 2" total give in side to side and up/down directions. The biggest thing to me was that the service guy didn't follow the manufacturers guidelines in installing the L brackets on the trailer. The minimum distance from the center of the ball to the L bracket is 27 inches. Their installation had them at 25 1/2 inches and there was no excuse for not putting them at the optimum 32 inches as there was room to do so. After moving the L brackets to the optimum distance and adjusting them to the proper height we went for a test drive. The results were spot on and there was no sway at all --- problem solved.

I am still leery of the 2 inch shank with reducer but for now I will use it as is and see how it feels on longer excursions. But that may be a couple of months away.

Other than that we love the new trailer and are anxiously awaiting when we can take our first trip !!!

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
Old 07-05-2017, 10:04 AM   #4

Time to go make some memories.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:36 AM   #5

The 272rl has a large open area above the television. Has anyone modified this area for say kitchen storage ? Do you have pix ?

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
Old 07-10-2017, 04:14 PM   #6

For now we are just using the cabinet to the left of the tv for our pantry. I am hesitant to make any mods to a brand new camper. I will probably wait until the warranty runs out before I do anything to it.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:55 AM   #7

I was thinking of trying to find some type of wire racks to set up there to make a multilevel storage area and then some kind of hinged door to cover it -- matching the wood of course.

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
Old 07-11-2017, 08:14 AM   #8

Welcome to the Hemi family!

We got our 272RL in April; it's been terriffic! Have been on three local trips for a total of about 11 days. All systems work as they should and we are still learning optimum storage solutions (like using that area above and beside the TV). Reluctant to make major mods yet, so it's been more about towel drying solutions and tension rods in the fridge. Have found there to be plenty storage!

We have had all the bulbs in our light over the dinette blow out twice; trying to determine if that's a short, a fixture prob, or wrong bulbs. If it's handy for you to do so, can you see if they installed those little 1076 12V bulbs in yours or if it's some other?

Happy to share hacks and tricks with you specific to along the way! Congrats on your new toy!
Carol
lakeview105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:52 AM   #9

Thanks Carol ! and congrats on your new toy too !! We haven't been out yet and I am really getting antsy. Would love to go camping now but our schedule is interfering.

We got everything out of our old TT and loaded into the new one and have pretty much filled up all the storage space. The towel issue is something we'll need to address also. We will probably install a towel rod in the bathroom. Just need to find one the DW likes !!!

Our TT is parked in a storage area several miles from the house so it is not readily accessible. But the next time I am over there I'll take a look at the lights to see what is in there.

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
Old 07-11-2017, 12:57 PM   #10

Bulbs

Thanks much! I'm still looking into it and am wondering if it's something as little as an overwattage bulb. Hope it's that simple; thought I'd share in case you find the same issue.

Hope you get on the road soon! We leave next week for our first long 3 wk voyage. This is our first TT so we're learning on the fly.

lakeview105 is offline   Reply With Quote