Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2018, 07:07 PM   #1

Hemisphere 282RK

Looking for some feedback about this model. We're about to pull the trigger on one and I would like to hear some other opinions
Old 06-16-2018, 05:03 AM   #2

Just brought our Heritage Glen 282rk home yesterday. Exact same as Salem sans exterior color/graphics, built in same plant. Only a few things so far.

1. If you want an overhead vent in bedroom you’ll need to get one prepped for 2nd A/C.

2. Wife hates the drawer/cabinet hardware, says the corners are too sharp. No option to change.

3. We optioned for the lighter interior color, really like it. It’s a cloth like as opposed to the real imitation leather of the dark brown. We ordered it blindly as we could not find any light color interior models in inventory anywhere near us.

Any questions feel free to ask.
lewisra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:31 AM   #3
Tom

Good as choice as any. We've owned ours now for around three years and really enjoy it. For two people it is a very comfortable unit for longer stays. Not to say we haven't had our issues but these could be with any model. Our refrigerator went out, had new cooling unit installed under warranty. Last trip out refrigerator still wouldn't cool, thank goodness for the outdoor kitchen fridge. Got it home, removed the refrigerator vent on roof and put fan up there to exhaust out the heat build up, after about 24 hours it actually cooled down. If you camp in a warm climate my advice would be to install a 12V fan to vent out the heat.
Seachaser186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:58 PM   #4

Change of plans

After much discussion and many pots of coffee, we have decided to go with a Salem 27RKSS. Same camper just quite a bit cheaper.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:59 PM   #5

We went just the opposite, started looking at the 27rkss and purchased the 282rk. One of the only models I could find with a 20+ft awning and additional storage in bedroom.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:43 PM   #6

We also looked at the 27rlss but wound up with 282rk. We’ve had it almost a year and love it. Only real con is it takes 2 batteries to run the residential fridge compared to 1 for other models. No issues so far and very comfortable when it rains
Jagercamps2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #7
pburch

Hello Everyone;

We just got a 2018 Hemisphere 282RK - does anyone have access to 12 volt and AC wiring plans on this model?
2021 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L 4 x 4 3.73 Gear 6' 4" Bed
Along with "Abby" and "Charlie" our Fur Babies
pburch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
We went just the opposite, started looking at the 27rkss and purchased the 282rk. One of the only models I could find with a 20+ft awning and additional storage in bedroom.
Congrats on the 282rk. We got the same for the same reasons a year ago. Our TV is an F150 Screw also. Being a Michigander, maybe we can share a campfire some time.
rmanduch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:50 PM   #9
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmanduch View Post
Congrats on the 282rk. We got the same for the same reasons a year ago. Our TV is an F150 Screw also. Being a Michigander, maybe we can share a campfire some time.
Hello, since you replied to this post I have a question. How is your towing experience with your setup? The reason I am asking is I also have a 286RK towing with a 2016 F150 SCREW. At first I hated towing on the interstate with my previous hitch, it could be pretty white knuckle at times. Swapped out the the P tires for E rated and bought a Propride hitch and wow, what a difference. Little pricey but cheaper than a bigger truck plus I prefer my F150 over the 250 for everyday driving.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:13 AM   #10

I am very happy with my 2018 3.5 Eco Screw with 3.55 gear and Husky Centerline TS hitch with sway control. Took a 4600 mile trip, no prob. If it gets real windy I just slow down. Never drive over 65. F150 has plenty of low end torque. Happy with 10-12 mpg
Old 01-07-2019, 02:25 AM   #11

Seachaser186, I like your setup. My F150 is a lease so I won't change the tires instead I increased the tire pressure to 40psi to increase the strength of the sidewalls of the P tires, seems to help.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:34 AM   #12

Mine’s a 2014 eco Screw with 3.73 using a BlueOx hitch. I switched to E rated tires and it was a huge difference. We took a 4,200 mile trip to and around Colorado this past summer, pulled very nice. Ours gets 8-10 mpg depending on the wind.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:14 AM   #13
Tom

Good to know others are having success towing this TT with today's properly equipped 1/2 tons.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdpowers View Post
Looking for some feedback about this model. We're about to pull the trigger on one and I would like to hear some other opinions

We purchased one and have had so many problems! The Dealer we purchased from has been good to do repairs.
When we got it home we realized the roof had damage from manufacturers using too long of screws. The vinyl roofing was damaged and roof had to be completely replaced!
It took so long that we had to change vacation plans, cancel camping reservations stay in hotels.
Our first vacation was a nightmare with so many repairs to be made it took several weeks to repair.

The camper came with electric only refrigerator. These are for camping in full service camp grounds only.
We like camping in National Parks and boon-docking. You can’t run your generator enough to keep refrigerator working all night. Most Campgrounds make you shut off generator in the evening and can’t start until morning.
We want to add solar power but can not find out exactly what we can run off our solar ready system. Can anyone advise us on what we need to add enough power to run refrigerator? The best brand of solar panels to purchase?
Judy-Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 03:40 PM   #15

Do you have 2 batteries? Mine easily lasts over night, but I knew what to expect when I bought it. Other than the roof what actual issues did you have?