Old 08-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Obrieri View Post
I have difficulty adding water to the fresh water tank from a water jug when at an unserviced site. I added a hose fitting to the jug so the hose will screw into the fresh water tank wall fitting. It fills VERY slowly & seems to air lock. Anyone have solutions.
I bought a battery operated siphon pump and a 5 gallon water tank. Insert one end into the water tank and the other end into the fresh water tank. I also keep a couple 5 gallon buckets on hand that I have used to keep the number of trips back and forth for water to a minimum. Optimal solution, no. Does it get the job done, yes and it doesn't cost much!

Jack of all trades - Master of none
2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2014 Sabre 36QBOK
QCCowboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #12
Congrats on the new camper!
Greetings from Minnesota and welcome to the forum!

I struggled with how do I get a bleach solution into the fresh water tank to sterilize the water system. I used my 50 ft drinking water hose, screwed it onto the fresh water inlet, then using a 6 foot ladder and a funnel in the other end of the hose, poured in the bleach solution. I had used duct tape to hold the end of the hose at the top of the ladder. About a half gallon of solution filled the hose (and ran over cleaning the ladder!) then I raised the hose above the fresh water inlet until all the solution ran into the tank (slowly) and repeated the process to get the whole mixture into the tank. Then filled the tank about half full (to have a slightly stronger solution) and turned on the water pump, ran water at all three sinks until I could smell the bleach. Then completely filled the fresh water tank. Let everything sit overnight, in the morning, drained the tank and refilled and drained again. Then flushed out the faucets.

There must be a better way to get water or bleach solution or RV antifreeze in the fall into the fresh water tank when you don't have water pressure to force it in.

We love our home on wheels! Love the floor plan and really like the rear outside kitchen! 13 nights camping so far!

2014 Salem Hemisphere Lite 282RK
TV - 96 E150 Van 5.8L V8
Tekonsha P3 Brake Cont. w/EAZ-Lift WDH
RasOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #13
I have another small issue. My Honda EU 2000 generator revs up for a couple of seconds occasionally when on an unserviced site. All appliances including the water heater are on propane. It appears that something electrical is starting up but I don't know what it might be. My Salem Hemis 282 RK is equipped with 2 - 6 volt deep cycle batteries. There are no electrical options added other than the stock items. Could the power converter be causing this ?
Obrieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #14
I found the reason for my generator reving up occaisonally. The 110 volt fridge in the outside kitchen was on when we picked up the trailer. It's now shut off. Problem solved.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:33 AM   #15
Here is a recent issue with my new Salem Hemisphere 282RK. The rear lower pantry cabinet door came open during towing. Remember, you must climb over the dining table to get to the kitchen area when the slide is closed. When the slide was being extended the pantry door became jammed by the slide trim & destroyed the door. I called my selling dealer & he will supply a new pantry door.
Be aware of this potential issue.
How anyone else experienced this?
Old 03-21-2014, 04:57 AM   #16
We did have the door come open, but we open the slide just enough to get past the table to check the doors and for anything that fell out of the cabinets. We did not like the way the doors opened with the slide out. So we removed the doors and hinges. We mounted the doors on drawer slides. Now we just slide the doors right to left to open. We are planning on adding slide out drawers in the pantry. I will post picture of our mod later. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1395395800.484157.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	48071
2013 Hemisphere 282RK
1999 Chevy Suburban C1500
RLmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #17
Thanks for the pantry door idea RLMartin. I am anxious to see the final pictures of your door slider modification. Maybe you should sell the concept to Forest River.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #18
Boss Ox & Drovergirl
We just got the call that our new 2014 Hemisphere 282 RK is ready to pick up. Walk through is set for April 1 (hope it doesn't turn out to be an April Fools joke!). We're planning on a shakedown camp (near home just in case) for the rest of the week. We really like the layout and hope we're as happy as you all seem to be with your 282.

Mark, Vicki, & Scout THE dog
2015 Hemisphere 282RK
2010 F250 Super Duty
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote