Old 01-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #1

Hemisphere 282RK

Just ordered our new Salem Hemisphere 282RK this morning!Hoping to take delivery by mid-March.Since it's a brand new model,We will keep you posted on how it performs.Love the forum and plan to be more involved with the new trailer.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #2

Congats on your new Salem Hemisphere 282RK. Now the hard part - the wait,

Old 04-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #3

we are looking to buy one possibly this week, have you received yours yet? I'm thinking not, but we just flipped over this layout. We are a little leary though, we bought our first TT that wasnt used in 2011 and have been less than pleased. It is a KZ Spree
Old 04-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #4

meant to clarify: our first TT that we bought brand new...
Old 04-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #5

We picked it up on March 21st and camped the last 3 weekends.It has turned out to be everything we hoped for.Only one small issue was the bathroom sink cold water side had an O ring that did not seat properly which caused a small leak that has since been repaired.Otherwise I would highly recommend the 282RK.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:48 AM   #6

I put some water in the holding tank for the first time in my Hemisphere 282RK. Where is the water heater bypass valve. I looke under the kitchen sink where the water pump is. All connections are good. I remove the lower panel below the bathroom sink
Old 04-28-2013, 01:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLmartin View Post
I put some water in the holding tank for the first time in my Hemisphere 282RK. Where is the water heater bypass valve. I looke under the kitchen sink where the water pump is. All connections are good. I remove the lower panel below the bathroom sink
I hit the send button too soon. There are water line there but no shut off valves. Below the sink there is a check valve that I guess is used as a back flow valve. I believe that this area is directly behind the water heater. Any suggestion where to look?
Old 04-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #8

I found the bypass valves. Pull out the bottom wardrobe drawer to access the rear of the water heater.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #9

Congrats on the new trailer. We ordered ours (same 282RK) Feb 8 and finally picked it up on May16th! A long wait. Then our first maiden voyage over Memorial Day weekend. We love Trailer camping after a couple decades of tent camping. Oh so much better! Cindy had given up tent camping a couple years ago.

One suggestion for your new trailer. Open up all the widows and the bathroom vent and turn on both exhaust fans then turn on your Furnace! Don't wait until the first time you really need your furnace to start it. Memorial Day Weekend was rainy and cold (mid 40's) and we needed heat. Well, it was like a Chinese fire drill! Smoked up the inside and set off the smoke detector! I am sure other campers at the trailer park had a good laugh at this newbie greenhorn! I wish our dealer had told us to run the furnace to burn off the manufacturing paint & oils BEFORE we went camping!

3 nights done and leaving in the morning for 10 more!

By the way, watch your connections under your bathroom sink the first time you fill up your fresh water tank (and flush your black tank - that is the line with the vacumn breaker on it). Ours had a clamp which allowed a lot of water to flood the floor! If nothing is leaking or spraying water the first time you use it then you should be good to go.

Enjoy!!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #10

We picked up our 2014 Hemis 282RK 3 weeks ago. Very pleased to date. 2 Minor issues: The water pump & plumbing near the pump is very noisy. I have difficulty adding water to the fresh water tank from a water jug when at an unserviced site. I added a hose fitting to the jug so the hose will screw into the fresh water tank wall fitting. It fills VERY slowly & seems to air lock. Anyone have solutions.