Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2014, 05:01 PM   #1

Hemisphere 282rk dinette cushion placement for bed

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1403473900.806476.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	686.8 KB
ID:	56050

Does anyone know how the cushions are suppose to be placed for making the table to the bed.
This is not the u shape.

We have tried different placements but none make sense.

I guess it doesn't have to be a 282rk as long as the table and cushions are the same style and shape.

Pics if you have them or a good description of where they go.

Thanks Tim.

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:26 PM   #2

Anyone know how to do this????

Old 06-25-2014, 09:51 PM   #3
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Do the seat backs come off and fill the gap?
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #4

Seat backs do come off. But nothing seems to fit together properly. They do fit properly when it's set up for dining

Old 06-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #5
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Perhaps take or send the photo to your dealer's service dept and have them explain. It seems odd because all your cushions are curved on at least one side.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 06-26-2014, 08:56 PM   #6

That might be a plan.

It seems I'm the only one that ordered it with the dinette!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 06-28-2014, 10:24 AM   #7
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Yes, we have the free standing dinnette, and so do most other 282rks. Sorry can't help.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 06-29-2014, 07:34 PM   #8

Yeah we ordered it because all of the dealers were only getting the table and chairs.
Our children are grown but do come camping with us when they can. The way we looked at it we were losing a bed and still costing the same amount of money.

The cushion alignment just doesn't fit like you would think it would. I will keep looking for pics on google images, maybe I will find something.
Our old camper fit with no problem.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:24 PM   #9

From just looking at your pic it looks like one of the back cushions should fit in the middle
Old 07-04-2014, 01:08 AM   #10

Here's how it looks to me.
Slide the bottom cushions to meet in the center of the table. Drop one of the back cushions down on one end so the curved top of the cushion becomes the foot of the bed. Take the other back cushion and keep it vertical as in your picture, but slide it down to fill that 6 or 8 inch gap at the head of the bed.
Let us know what you find out.

July 2012 to June 2014:
2006 Keystone Hornet 31FLS
KyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:20 AM   #11

I to have this configuration in my 2014 hemisphere 282 RK . What I did was put the two bigger cushions together at and angle and push down . Don't know if its the right way but it worked . First time it popped out. I received mine in April and am still in the learning process of where everything is. Still not sure where water pump and bi-pass valve are . Have done a few little mods on things I thought should have been done. Put 48 Led stick on light on rangehood, Built shelf above sink in Out door kitchen , screen door bar was a must with grand children. Would like to hear of any mods you have done thanks.
BSMURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:37 AM   #12
Canadian Member

Typically, you need all 4 cushions flat to make a bed. Either the seat bottom pads can be slid together in the middle or the 2 seat back cushions can be put in the middle (top edge against top edge) with the seat bottom pads on the outside. We place the foot and head cushions first and then, like bsmurphy does, the cushions going in the middle have to be leaned against each other and pressed down flat.

If your bottom cushions won't go back into the seat back area, use them in the middle position.

Ours don't pop up after they are pushed flat but that could be because we put it down to a bed every time we travel and use it as a bed on every trip.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #13

Itat is your TT a 282rk with the same curved back rest cushions?

Thats what is throwing it all off.

We are going out next weekend and I will do some pics of what is happening and try what both of you guys have talked about.

If you have pics of it laid out post them up. There isn't many 282s out there that have the dinette. It seems all the dealers were getting the free standing table w/4 chairs. We hade to order ours because of that.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSMURPHY View Post
I to have this configuration in my 2014 hemisphere 282 RK . What I did was put the two bigger cushions together at and angle and push down . Don't know if its the right way but it worked . First time it popped out. I received mine in April and am still in the learning process of where everything is. Still not sure where water pump and bi-pass valve are . Have done a few little mods on things I thought should have been done. Put 48 Led stick on light on rangehood, Built shelf above sink in Out door kitchen , screen door bar was a must with grand children. Would like to hear of any mods you have done thanks.

BSMURPHY I think the water bypass valve is with the water heater in the wardrobe cabinet in the bedroom, opposite wall of the bathroom. You have to pull out the lower drawer to access it.

The water pump is under the kitchen sink to the right behind the divider wall. You can get to it from the cabinet.

I would like to see the mods you've done. Start a new thread in mods and post the pics of what you've added and how you did them.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:15 PM   #15

Yes mine has the curved back cushions. It really doesn't look right but I don't know of any other way. It is a tight fit. Maybe the cushions have to soften from use. When I get to my camper in a couple of weeks I will take a picture. I may have some questions for you later. Thanks Bill
Old 08-14-2014, 01:26 PM   #16

Hello again, you also might want to pull your drawers clear out on the dinette and check the stops on the bottom. They are held on with very short staples. I took mine off and glued and screwed them back on . One fell off is why I did this.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #17

Thanks I will check it out.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:59 AM   #18
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSMURPHY View Post
Greetings, we too havre a Hemi 282RK, got ours in April and love it, although a litle more room in the bedroom would have been nice.

Your water pump is under the kitchen sink, there's a panel to the right in the cabinet, you can look over that and behind that panel is the water pump. It's a good idea to look behind there with a flashlight to make sure the fittings are tight. Check for water drips.

The heater and bypass valve are in the bedroom, under the bureau. You have to remove both slide drawers to get to it, kind of a pain. The drawer slides have little black plastic locks that have to be depressed once the drawer is fully extended. To remove them, you have to lift the bed compartment up so you have enough room.

We opted to order without the outdoor kitchen, it afforded additional stowage. But it's only the 3 of us and we're semi permanent in a campground, so there was really no need for another kitchen.

Good Camping.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 08-15-2014, 10:34 PM   #19
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlambert View Post
Itat is your TT a 282rk with the same curved back rest cushions?

Thats what is throwing it all off.

We are going out next weekend and I will do some pics of what is happening and try what both of you guys have talked about.

If you have pics of it laid out post them up. There isn't many 282s out there that have the dinette. It seems all the dealers were getting the free standing table w/4 chairs. We hade to order ours because of that.

We have a 2010 Roo 23SS but it has the same type of dinette, not the U-shaped version. It looks like yours should convert to a bed the same way ours does.

The only difference is your seat cushions are somewhat rounded on the short side where ours are rectangular. The seat back cushions on ours are rounded on the top edge but that doesn't make any difference when they are squashed together when laid flat.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed