Old 08-05-2014, 07:41 AM   #31
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

I am glad you got your problem resolved, Kudos to your dealer for stepping up, I hope he doesn't get stuck with the lemon.
Best of luck to you.

1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:41 AM   #32

Ok will do

Salem hemi 356qbq 5er towing with a 2500 hd duramax diesel

Old 08-18-2014, 02:18 PM   #33

About to purchase my 356qbq, any advice on where to put bikes on this thing? Thanks for any input.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #34

Just a heads up I went on my second weekend trip since I bought it last august. We came back in the afternoon it was 88 in the unit it said it was 74 I lowered the thermostat down to 65 and I could hear the compressor kicked on ,I had read before someone having a similar issue it's got to be the thermostat . Before I went on the trip I lowered the awning i've only Lowered it once before and I heard a crack The pivot bar which is approximately 24 inches long snapped The dealer told me they would not probably not honor the warranty because it could've been caused from wind damage it's definitely aparent that they over tightened the bolt bolt and it pinched and broke but I still love my heritage Glen 356
Old 08-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #35

Thanks for the info. Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated. Did you get awning toppers? Do you have a ladder? Not sure if I need a ladder since i would normally be getting on the rough at the house which I have a ladder there. Your thoughts?
Old 08-18-2014, 10:43 PM   #36
Plain Old Member

Only thing I can say on the ladder, is if you don't get it, you'll need it. Several times I've needed to get up on the roof while camping. A few times it was to remove some limbs that fell. If nothing else, you may want to inspect the roof after you just drove under a low tree limb. Had that happen too. It's worth having one, even if you only use it a few times.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:04 AM   #37
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Only thing I can say on the ladder, is if you don't get it, you'll need it. Several times I've needed to get up on the roof while camping. A few times it was to remove some limbs that fell. If nothing else, you may want to inspect the roof after you just drove under a low tree limb. Had that happen too. It's worth having one, even if you only use it a few times.
X2
Old 08-19-2014, 08:45 PM   #38

I want a ladder but my local dealer has a 356qbq now with everything except a ladder. I'm like a kid in a candy store and I'm wanting it now. Pretty sure I'm gonna get it and purchase a Little Giant ladder or something for now. Has anyone added an aftermarket ladder to the 356qbq after purchase. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:54 PM   #39
Plain Old Member

Not sure if they put the backing for it in the wall. My guess though, would be that all the rear walls in that model are the same. Just a matter whether it gets a ladder or not. Might be a good question for you to ask the factory rep, via the dealer.

I know it's hard to be patient, but lack of might have you kicking your own butt later. If you're dead set on that one, go over it like CSI with a magnifying glass. If still dead set on it, get the dealer to install the ladder as apart of the deal, provided it has the backing in the wall. It's somewhere between $100 and $200 for one I think. If they can't part with that, move on.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:08 AM   #40
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Not sure if they put the backing for it in the wall. My guess though, would be that all the rear walls in that model are the same. Just a matter whether it gets a ladder or not. Might be a good question for you to ask the factory rep, via the dealer.

I know it's hard to be patient, but lack of might have you kicking your own butt later. If you're dead set on that one, go over it like CSI with a magnifying glass. If still dead set on it, get the dealer to install the ladder as apart of the deal, provided it has the backing in the wall. It's somewhere between $100 and $200 for one I think. If they can't part with that, move on.
There is a post on this forum for Hemisphere 282 RK ladder and someone had checked with FR . FR stated that whether or not the ladder is on their units when delivered, they all are built with the ladder blocking in the walls. The FR rep even sent a diagram of where the supports are in the walls so you can buy the ladder from FR and install yourself or have the dealer do it.

1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote