Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2018, 05:23 PM   #1

Hemisphere 727rl water pump

If we hook up water to city water can get water at all faucets if hook to tanks water pump doesn’t pull water at all is the pump bad ?
Exusps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:24 PM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

Starting simple...

Is there water in the tank?

If so can you hear the pump running?

If so is there a winterizing kit / valve on the pump and if so is it in the right direction?

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:31 PM   #3

[QUOTE=doc73;1795434]Starting simple...

Is there water in the tank?

If so can you hear the pump running?

If so is there a winterizing kit / valve on the pump and if so is it in the right direction?[/
Water in the tanks pump will run but doesn’t seem to be drawing we have the valves open in water heater but water pump isn’t visible so not sure this is our first time camping so very limited knowledge just know can get water if hooked up on city water
Old 04-28-2018, 08:12 PM   #4

Water in the tanks pump will run but doesn’t seem to draw water we have all three valves open on water heater but pump isn’t visible so not sure about what they did to winterize it just got trailer and first time out knowledge is very limited but when we tried using city water hook up water came out all faucets and shower and saw they pink stuff I’m thinking it must be an issue with pump neighbor suggested tube was loose from pump to tank
Old 04-28-2018, 08:42 PM   #5

My WAG is your water heater bypass is still on that is why you got water from all outlets! Also the Pink Stuff coming out,good thing you were in bypass or you would have filled up your W/H with Pink Stuff! Now turn the water pump intake valve to Fresh water tank and you will be good to go! Youroo!!
Old 04-28-2018, 09:58 PM   #6

Exusps

Don’t get to frustrated with this newbie but thisbypass valve you talk of is not the three valves by water heater? If not not sure what to do because I don’t know how to access the weather pump or even where it’s at luckily we have lots of bottled water guess it’s back to dealer on Monday thanks for trying to help
Old 04-29-2018, 06:49 PM   #7

Not frustrated with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exusps View Post
Don’t get to frustrated with this newbie but thisbypass valve you talk of is not the three valves by water heater? If not not sure what to do because I don’t know how to access the weather pump or even where it’s at luckily we have lots of bottled water guess it’s back to dealer on Monday thanks for trying to help
No one is frustrated with you. About half the topics on this forum are questions by someone new, answered by someone else who had the same question earlier.

Okay, here's what they are trying to tell you.

To winterize your unit, they had to get the pink stuff (we call it potable antifreeze) in there somehow. You don't want to put it in the fresh water tank and pump it--you'd never be able to flush it completely out. And it would be difficult to inject it through the city water inlet. So here's what they do.

The water pump can suck water from either of TWO PLACES.
  1. The fresh water tank
  2. A short piece of tubing you can dip into a gallon jug of pink stuff antifreeze
There is a valve on the WATER PUMP (not the HOT WATER HEATER) that selects which of the two sources is used. People are telling you that this valve is still set to draw from the tubing. There's no gallon jug in place so it's sucking air.

Do this:
  • Disconnect city water
  • Open a tap to relieve pressure
  • Turn on the water pump
  • Hunt around inside the trailer until you hear the pump sound. It is probably hidden behind a screw-on panel. You might even need a Robertson driver (like a screwdriver but with a square tip)
  • Turn off the water pump
  • Take off the panel
  • Look for the tubing
  • Find the selector valve it is connected to and switch it to the other position
  • Reinstall panel
  • Turn water pump on

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:22 PM   #8

Water problem

Larry is right. Do what he said and problem will be solved. Make sure you Hot water bypass is closed or you will not get hot water, and if you turn hot water heater on if it is electric/gas combo you will burn up element. I had to do as Larry said when I bought my last camper. When they did the PDI they couldn't tell me where the pump was at. I said never mind I will find it. Just listen you will find it. Hid some place lol. Good luck and happy camping..........
831 BHDS Flagstaff 2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:47 PM   #9

Thank you all so much for taking the time to explain it in very easy way it helped a lot this was our maiden voyage and we were getting frustrated trying to figure it all out I’m looking forward to the day when I will be the one knowing things and telling others how things work sounds a lot more relaxing on the other side ha thanks again
Old 04-29-2018, 09:52 PM   #10

Glad we could help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exusps View Post
Thank you all so much for taking the time to explain it in very easy way it helped a lot this was our maiden voyage and we were getting frustrated trying to figure it all out I’m looking forward to the day when I will be the one knowing things and telling others how things work sounds a lot more relaxing on the other side ha thanks again
Naah. The problems just get harder. I was chasing a strange converter issue this weekend on a trailer we've owned for 3 years. It took half of Friday and most of Saturday and today to find the hidden circuit breaker and all the hidden bad grounds. (The tarnished battery cable ends were the easy part.)

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump