Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2014, 08:12 PM   #1

Hemisphere outdoor kitchen water dripping

Ok I have to ask...first week out in the 300 hemisphere love the trailer, but. Had some rain and I had the outdoor kitchen door open and water was dripping in like crazy and I noticed its wide open where the hinges are and between the propped door and the unit. I looked at some of our friends we can with who have a different brand with the outdoor kitchen and they get no water and leave the door open the full week we camped. It looks like there should of been some type of gasket or gutter that should of been put on.
I contacted the dealer who got back to me and said they believe that is how the hemisphere is made and to check for an after market item but careful not to void. The warranty..

Ok any comments suggests ? I also been trying to find a number to a Salem service rep to talk to and ask but am unable to find one other than forest river number. Which seems to just get voice mail,

Thanks
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
nothinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #2

Well it seems after reading a lot of sites and blogs you have to come up with your own solution if u want the door open
If it rains. Just seems odd you pay good money for a trailer and this item gets over looked and is a customer add on or fix .

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-09-2014, 07:38 AM   #3

Hemisphere outdoor kitchen water dripping

I have a hemisphere 282rk and it has the outside kitchen although it is smaller than the bunk model and the door is smaller. Mine doesn't have the shocks to hold the door open you have to hook it open with the catch at the top. I've had mine crack open, meaning unlatched but in the closed position but not sure if it had rained inside while we were camping.

Does yours get wet when it's fully closed and latched shut?
If you could post some pics of the area in question it might help with coming up with a fix or idea for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #4

Hello

Unfortunately I didn't take a picture at the time
But basically when it's closed it's good but when u have it open and if you look up you can see right between the door and the rv and that is where water would come through splashing on everything
I was looking at a couple other campers they have them and they seem to have it sealed somehow I guess the way it's designed

I did find 2 other postings one where they added a rubber type covering over the top of the full length of the door so when it's open it's covered and one post suggested a gutter attached above the door would help
I will have to stop by where I store it and take a picture

I think my question at first was if it was over looked at the manufacturer but it seems this is not the case and may be something the owner can do if they choose to leave the door open during rain but then I was opening the. Door on and off as I had items in the fridge I had to get and had to keep a towel handy to wipe up the water that rained inside and looking at other campers they didn't have this issue made me curious

I'm open to suggestions thanks
Old 02-27-2015, 04:27 PM   #5
Tyler & Connie Foxx

We have the same unit and were told by the dealer before we bought it, that the the door is NOT AN AWNING, using the outdoor kitchen while it's raining will cause water to get inside the kitchen area, soaking the wood, and voiding the warranty! But I agree it should made water resistant.
FoxxLandArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:26 AM   #6
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Doesn't your awning extend over the kitchen?
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:48 AM   #7

there is naturally going to be a gap. If the bottom (furthest out) side is higher than the hinged end, water will obviously run downhill and in the gap. Open doors don't keep water out
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:32 PM   #8
Tyler & Connie Foxx

Owe awning doesn't go past the inside kitchen pop out.
FoxxLandArk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, water