Old 05-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Tblackmon9599 View Post
No problem. Couple suggestions for thought:

3. Buy some spare fuses for your landing gear. I must have popped 3 or 4 when I first got the unit. No idea why and no problem since then but always nice to have some spares. I taped them in the front basement storage compartment. The fuse is located in there also FYI.

I got mine in June of last year and within a month I had problems with the landing gear also. Went though several fuses and ended up tearing open the gear box just to get the camper hitched up. The dealership replaced the gear box and so far no problems but it worries me every time I go to hitch up. It's almost like they put too small of a gear box for the weight. We'll see if I have future issues. I hope not.

Otherwise, We love the unit. Tons of room and it does pull like a dream.

Sunnyj1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #12
One thing that I just did when ours was at dealer fixing a couple of small things, was I had them install a fairly heavy duty battery cutoff switch. Ours may set for a few weeks at a time not hooked to electricity and when we wanted to use, battery would be dead, in the end the battery would only last a few days.

McCune, KS

2010 Dodge Ram QC 2500 HD w/Cummins Diesel
2013 Salem Hemisphere Lite 346 QBUD
papamcgown is online now   Reply With Quote