Old 04-01-2018, 04:48 PM   #1

How big of a tv?

We just purchased a 2018 Forest River Cruise Lite 201BHXL When we took delivery we asked how big of a TV can we put in, it did not come with one. The dealer did not know but there was a sticker on the table we thought referenced it but the dealer took the sticker off and threw it away.

Any one have any ideas?

tyler811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler811 View Post
...Any one have any ideas?
A tape measure would help to determine the height and width. Write those measurements down.

Then, the other factor would be a proper wall mount that can support the weight of the tv. Look for a backer piece that will support the mount.

Usually a 32" LCD tv is a good size as it's not too big but still usable in the trailer.

clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkbre View Post
A tape measure would help to determine the height and width. Write those measurements down.

Then, the other factor would be a proper wall mount that can support the weight of the tv. Look for a backer piece that will support the mount.

Usually a 32" LCD tv is a good size as it's not too big but still usable in the trailer.
We were able to locate the backer plate, how much weight will it hold is what we are not sure of. We were not given information on this.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:10 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler811 View Post
We were able to locate the backer plate, how much weight will it hold is what we are not sure of. We were not given information on this.
I don't anyone gets that information.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:29 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to B and B
An inexpensive RCA 32 inch LCD is pretty light. A normal backer board is likely good for 50 lbs. Make sure you don't strip the screws out attaching the mount to the wall.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I don't anyone gets that information.

There was actually a sticker with the options on the table, the dealer removed it, that had the weight the back plate could hold (30 pounds).

We are putting in a 24 inch TV that weighs 9 pounds with a fully adjustable arm that reach's out 1 foot and weighs 2 pounds.

Anything bigger and it will just get in the way the cabinet
Old 04-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #7

We went with this one, seems the perfect size....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2ooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:43 PM   #8

in our 2015 Micro Lite 25KS, we upgraded from the original 24" Furion that came with it, to a 32" Sharp, it fit perfectly in the space allowed and we're happy with the larger screen

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:06 PM   #9

Even the 40" TV of today is usually light enough. The mounts can usually support at least 50 lbs. But if you have a 50Lb 40" TV you have an very old mamma jamma.
That said you want to mount it where there are studs or intended TV mounting stress points.
You can further distribute the weight by putting a square piece of 5/8" plywood up that is about 8" x 8", attach to the RV wall at all the mount stud points, Then attach your TV mount plate to that.

Even though you can fit or support a 40" + TV, the lateral forces when driving will increase the further from the mounting point. The TV will be susceptible to more vibration force. Something to dampen movement like pillows during travel helps.
Most RV's with the big screens also use a mounted dampening system for travel.
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #10
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Stick with an LED TV...

They usually weigh half or more less than an LCD TV.

I have a 34-foot 5th-wheel and even though I could go bigger, I opted for a 32-inch LED in the livingroom and is plenty big enough, and a 24-inch in the bedroom.

I have a 19-inch LED in a cabinet that I can use outside or as a computer monitor for my laptop.

All three of mine are Vizio's that I bought at Walmart and Best Buy.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #11

Went with this one. Arms detach so I can pull it off the wall when not using. Attached a 24Ē tv with DVD player. Weighs about 6 lbs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01F2...op_mb_pd_title
jljj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:18 PM   #12
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1957 View Post
Even the 40" TV of today is usually light enough. The mounts can usually support at least 50 lbs. But if you have a 50Lb 40" TV you have an very old mamma jamma.
That said you want to mount it where there are studs or intended TV mounting stress points.
You can further distribute the weight by putting a square piece of 5/8" plywood up that is about 8" x 8", attach to the RV wall at all the mount stud points, Then attach your TV mount plate to that.

Even though you can fit or support a 40" + TV, the lateral forces when driving will increase the further from the mounting point. The TV will be susceptible to more vibration force. Something to dampen movement like pillows during travel helps.
Most RV's with the big screens also use a mounted dampening system for travel.
I bought two of these locking swivel arm mounts at Camping World - love 'em...lock and roll!):

Master Mount Locking Heavy Duty Cantilever TV Mount, 408L - McNaughton 94735 - TV Accessories - Camping World

There is a bigger version for larger TV's.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:04 AM   #13

Our last TT had a strap that attached to the wall above and below the TV. For travel you just retracted the TV mount to the wall and connected the two halves of the strap. The strap would carry some of the weight of the TV and keep it secured in the storage position while in motion. You can get two strap brackets and a luggage strap at any hardware store for a few bucks. If you need to attach the brackets above or below the TV mount backer board, just use expanding anchors.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:29 PM   #14

How big of aTV did you go with? We bought a 201bhxl, and are trying to decide what size.
Buzzsaw47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:47 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw47 View Post
How big of aTV did you go with? We bought a 201bhxl, and are trying to decide what size.

We went with a Samsung 24 inch. from Kmart. They had the best price and anything bigger then the tv would not fold flat against the wall with the arm.

Get the extended double fold 12 inch extension tv hanger then it will extend straight out. We bought a 10 3/4 inch extender and the tv does not come straight out but sits at an angle. Not a big deal but just so you know.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:25 AM   #16

Had allot of dealer sales talk about RV rated electronics, heard feedback from owners actually using products. My humble conclusion is that reliability and suitability for RV's are about the same. Some have had RV rated electronics go crap after several months, while others with a known name brand have had great success and longevity. The destructive vibration, etc. will affect all TV's and electronics if it isn't properly secured. A TV on an arm mount should be tied, secured down or something pressing it stationary so it doesn't bounce. Other than that... Good TV's are so cheap now it's not going to break the bank if one does bite the dust. I have a Furrion "RV" 32" TV and a no name Axxess Brand DVD/TV combo I had in other camper... both brands still going strong. Axxess goes from bedroom to outside and back. Only thing I will do different when one dies is get a bigger screen.
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:57 AM   #17

I know from looking at the sticker on the table that the support in place by Fox River supports 40 pounds for the Fox River 201BHXL.

However with the build quality of RV's, I kept mine to around 12 pounds with a Samsung 24 inch. Giving the bumps and bounces, pulling out to watch and pushing back in to travel I stayed well below the rated weight.

I also drilled holes and used nuts and bolts with over sized washers to secure it to the wooden backing plate. Did not want to take a chance on wood screws pulling out. Also the over sized washers give it the nut and bolt more surface area for the pressure.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:57 PM   #18

My 24RKHL Salem hyperlite came with a 32 inch , we bought another 32 in with built in DVD player for the bedroom and also to use outside- works great

Carl Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote