Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #1

i hate my shower

We have the cruise lite 241 qbxl. It came with the "neo angle shower" with the straight door that opens like the refrigerator. Problem is, when you open it you have to back up all the way til your butt is nearly in the sink to let the door open enough to get in the shower.

I saw pictures of other 241 qbxl and there's a different style shower...kinda half circle with sliding glass doors. I really like those.

OK modification kings...how hard is it to change out the shower floor and doors?

THANKS!
TheFinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:22 AM   #2
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

We are new to having an TT after many many years backpacking. We didn't really know what to look for and bought our 282RK Hemi. Now first off, we are not dissatisfied with our unit (although the bedroom could use just a little more floor space). However, we started looking at winterized units because of my job situation and one of the first things my wife looks for is the bathroom layout.
Whoever designs some of these layouts has obviously never had to use a RV bathroom.
1st: door has to open outward. We've been in units where you open the door inward and close off the toilet, have to literally walk in the shower, close the door, just to sit on the pot.
2nd: bathroom sink is so small and tucked under the medicine cabinet, brushing your teeth gets water all over the counter top and cabinets.

We have the angle shower like you do but our bathroom is laid out so it's not as bad as yours.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:40 AM   #3

We (Love) our shower! Our Bath had (2) doors that opened (In)? We removed the Door between the bedroom and bath,the Factory tried to make this better by making it a Pocket door in later model years. With only (2) people second door is Not needed 99.9% of the time! Yes the Bath sinks are a Challenge at times! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #4

TheFinks, it depends how handy/crafty you are. Taking out the existing shower walls and pan shouldn't be too hard - it should all be held in place with screws. Usually the pan has a seal around the top edge that needs to be removed first. You are lucky that it isn't a wet bath or you'd have to remove the toilet, too.

Adding in a new pan is harder (but not hard, IMO). Reattaching the PEX to the new fixture should be pretty easy. If you go with a tub and shower curtain it will be a lot easier since you just need to add the curtain track to the ceiling.
Honda EU3000is inverter-generator
techntrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:44 PM   #5
Site Team

Would removing the door and adding a curtain rod with shower curtain work better?

Right now I'm glad my Cruise Lite came with a shower curtain.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #6

We talked about putting in a rod and shower curtain. Probably try that first to see if we like it.
TheFinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:43 AM   #7

Gives you a lot more elbow room, since you are hitting the curtain and not solid walls.
Honda EU3000is inverter-generator
techntrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:15 PM   #8

I know I am super late to this thread, but we've had quite the experience over the last 6 months after our camper was backed into. However, I can answer your question about the curved front shower (what we have in our new Heritage Glen and LOVE) versus the neo-angle. It is not at all difficult to swap and it is a standard unit available from RV suppliers. The footprint is nearly identical so you don't have to worry about scars on the walls. I have installed this style in several campers because, like you, folks prefer the split rolling entry door over the swing-out on the neo-angles. FWIW - I build a 3/4" support deck out of birch plywood attached to either wall with cleats anchored into the framing and with legs bearing on the floor deck to give the shower base real strength!
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:19 PM   #9

i hate my shower

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
I know I am super late to this thread, but we've had quite the experience over the last 6 months after our camper was backed into. However, I can answer your question about the curved front shower (what we have in our new Heritage Glen and LOVE) versus the neo-angle. It is not at all difficult to swap and it is a standard unit available from RV suppliers. The footprint is nearly identical so you don't have to worry about scars on the walls. I have installed this style in several campers because, like you, folks prefer the split rolling entry door over the swing-out on the neo-angles. FWIW - I build a 3/4" support deck out of birch plywood attached to either wall with cleats anchored into the framing and with legs bearing on the floor deck to give the shower base real strength!

Geotex1...... Do you have a link or know where, and how much the curved (rounded) shower stall would be? I can do all the install myself... Thanks....
dsjohns71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:53 PM   #10

The shower pan and walls aren't bad - around $300-400 for those. It's the doors that get you between price and shipping! Around $350-400 just for the doors.

You can buy the round front (aka, neo round) right from Lippert (Better Bath line), or several other sources. I hear jazzsales.com has good prices too. I am lucky to have a mobile home parts dealer local to me and they have these in stock so shipping has not been an issue.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:58 PM   #11

I appreciate it very much and will start looking/checking them out. Thank you
Old 04-07-2015, 06:25 PM   #12

Sure thing! Oh, if you already have a neo-angle that's the right width you want (e.g., 32 or 34 inches), you can often reuse the shower walls with the neo-round pan.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:10 PM   #13

Thanks, I was just about to ask you that. I have a new heritage glen but it had the neo angle shower and I wanted the neo round but the price for the one I ended up buying was thousands less than the one with the neo round. Mine is the early 2015 and the late 2015's came with the round.. Thanks again for your help and sorry if this thread got hijacked for a few...

Tags
show, shower