Old 04-01-2018, 05:03 PM   #1

Info on backup camera amongst other things

We just purchased a 2018 Forest River Cruise Light 201BHXL but there are some things we have no information on. The first being a TV, I did post this in the electronics forums.

Second would be the trailer has the electric jacks and while the dealer showed how they worked, we have no idea how to work them if the motor quits or battery dies. I have an idea but we were not supplied any crank handle though we did get one for electric tongue jack. Is this supposed to be supplied? It seems like it should be. Also we don't know how far to take them down. When they stop is that good or should we give another click or two?

It also has a back up camera but no paperwork on what I need to do to hook it up.

It is solar ready also but it also came with no manual. I looked it up and the panel is rough $500.

As far as the TV, I did post in the Electronics forum but in a nut shell, we do not know how big of an TV we can put in.

Thanks for any help we can get as we leave for vacation in 10 days with a lot of questions

One last thing...We do not know how weight the top bunk will support.

tyler811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:22 PM   #2

Re: manually setting the jacks, have you checked under the dinette benches. Our cranks were under the bed but, you have a murphy bed. The battery is charged while you drive down the road so, baring infant mortality, you shouldn't have a problem for at least a while.
Re: backup camera, is the camera actually there? Is it wireless? If so it might need to be paired with the display. Camera prep is pretty common. Actually having the camera installed, not so much.
Re: TV size, start with the horizontal and vertical dimensions of the space you plan to put the TV in. Then check the dimensions of various sizes. Most serious online retailers include specs and they might be an easier place to find an appropriate size with minimal clicking. Keep in mind that the size used for the TV is the approximate diagonal measure of the display area and doesn't include the bezel. Also keep weight in mind, not so much as it affects the GTW but, because the mount point typically isn't super strong. It's usually OSB or particle board.

No trees were harmed while sending this message;
however, a rather large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TT: 2018 Surveyor 243RBS TV:2019 F-250 XLT 6.2L 4x4 Crew Cab
mawilson is offline   Reply With Quote