ependydad/Moderator edit: moved from a Sunseeker motorhome thread for visibility.
I seem to be a poster child of the 'too many issues' for a TT. Have had this new unit since June 1,2013.
1) Inside trim of the back slide pulls off and snaps in half because it was somehow 'glued' to the slide.
2) Step welds broken loose and braces flapping around
3) Outside speakers not working and had to be pulled off and rewired. re-Caulk job looks ohh so nice.....
4) Outside Kitchen door skewed so far forward that the paint is scraped off metal to metal
5) Outside kitchen rubber destroyed at 'latch' because door did not fit. (for some reason the unit would 'flex' and with the back slide out the opposite side kitchen door would fit better, but not when slide is in)
6) water tank self drain more than 1/3 of the tank when filled up to overflow level.
7) water tank will self drain -completely- when traveling down the road...(suggested fix is to put a 'shut off valve' on the overflow.... which 'voids' warranty on tank)
8) Wood face of the door on fridge was too heavy for the plastic holder trim on the bottom and broke holding trim and messed up the wood face that it needed replaced.
9) Black tank pull handle 'unscrewed' itself and came out from the screw in bracket.
10) Rear tire EXPLODED out the side wall with less than 300 miles on it. FR said that they will give 85.00 toward a replacement. (I don't know of any where to buy a tire for 85.00)
11) My 4/way from my old camper (heavy duty) would not fit on the lug bolts because it takes a 'thin' wall socket size to remove the lugs.
12 Tire 'hub cap' is somewhere between Missouri and Colorado because the Dealer seemed to have failed to tighten the hold down 'screw'.... (hold down screw?)
13) Back slide motor 'jammed' three inches out and would not move in or out. 'Reset' the 'box' and still would not work. (second camping trip) Drove 50 miles with slid out as was told it 'could not be moved manually in or out. Was told by Dealer that a 'wire' (?) fell into the motor and jammed it up.
14) Spare tire cover flew off when first took camper home and only God knows where that is (and He anit telling me..)
15) Rubbed a huge hole in the slide out rubber weather trim and it will have to be replace with 'supplies' that were on the camper floor.
16) Third trip of camping within two months.... back slide jamming again and it hanging out 3 inches. Will take back to Dealer to look at again.
17) Movable kitchen window has a slanting crack in it from the stress of travel and will have to be replaced.
18) Trailer moves with a heavy sway when going over 40 mph. Put sway bar on it and in order to stop swaying at 60 mph then tension is imo put on way too much. When turn corners at stop lights or driveways the noise coming from the sway bar tension it horrendous.
19) Front and back 'stabilizers
' are a joke and do not 'stabilize' or hold anything. No place to install permanent scissor jackets because the side skirts come down to far on the sides to get a wrench on them to take them up and down without hitting the skirts. Installed removable jacks in the front for now.
I will stop with my wine for now. There was nothing wrong with our 'old' camper ('95 Mallard bunkhouse), but the wife wanted something new. Newer does not always mean better. I have a list of 6 things for the Dealer to look at/ fix when I take it to him in a few days.
I sure miss that Mallard.