Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2016, 09:20 PM   #1

jacks

I can't put the jacks down on my 5th wheel with the rocker switches but can with the remote. Any idea why this is?
birdhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:34 AM   #2
Site Team

Which model unit do you have?
Is it the landing gear or the stabilizers?

No matter, it's a fuse blown in the positive line somewhere.
If it's landing gear, the fuse will be near the battery, and may be hidden in the wire loom.
If it's the stabilizers, the fuse will be somewhere between the battery and the stabilizer switch.

The remote receiver gets it's power from the battery in a different location than the manual rocker switches do, and that's why you can operate them with the remote and not with the rocker.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:07 PM   #3

I have the same problem. Bought a new 261bhxl. They work with the remote but not with the rocker switches. It's an hour drive to the dealer so I called. They said the fuses for the jacks are under the sink and hard to get to. I haven't looked very hard but have not found them yet.
Mindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:23 PM   #4

I pulled out my breaker box and the fuse for the jacks were behind it mounted to the floor. My fuse was blown. Hope this helps
Mindi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks