Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2016, 05:14 PM   #1

just bought cruise lite 195BH

Please advise things to watch out for failure.
I need to find and fix as many issue as possible while I still ahve 1 year warranty.

Please let me know common first year issues that you have
pawntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 08:00 PM   #2

I've got same model for two years. Only issue I've had was the dinette not fitting when converting to bed. The space was too large and table would fall through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golfnbike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:13 PM   #3

I wondered at first why I couldn't get the dinette window shade to go down past the edge of the table. This left a small gap and the wife was worried about privacy, especially at night. I discovered that the table top was put down on the two legs wrong. The table has a plastic trim around the edge that meets in the middle of one of the sides of the table top. I didn't notice this at first, but after studying it for awhile ( I'm like that with everything about details) I noticed that the two ends of the plastic trim were on the isle side of the trailer instead of on the window edge side. I swapped the table top around so the seam (where the trim meets) was on the window side and discovered that the window shade now had space to be lowered past the edge of the table! A small thing, but I was either going to place the table legs about a half inch out closer to the isle or have the dealership do it. Glad I discovered this on my own. I know someone else had mentioned this in a blog but I can't seem to find it. I hope this helps someone else.

2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:12 PM   #4

Thanks All,
Has anyone experience this leak ? I wonder how the water get in there in the first place. I'd like to address this problem if I have.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...age-76279.html
Old 01-18-2016, 02:13 PM   #5

We bought ours last year, we haven't experienced any problems so far. We have done a few mods like adding more support for the plywood under the queen bed. I think my husband has a list at home of small things he has done or plans to do to prevent any problems, I'll talk to him and see what else he may suggest to watch for.

Our dealer actually had us bring it back after we used is to look for any possible repairs for the warranty. They didn't find much, just a crank was replaced on the vent.

2008 Dodge Durango retired
2015 Salem cruise lite 195bh retired
2021 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26dbh
daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:20 PM   #6

Thank you daybreak, I'd appreciate if you provide me with a list of issues to watch out for. I'd like to perform a test on them to see if I have those issues.
I'm excited and can't wait till spring comes and will perform a thorough test on everything.
I'm the most concern about those leak/ water problems
Old 01-18-2016, 03:40 PM   #7

The link I posted above showed that there is water in under belly.
I wonder if that water came from the rain from outside ?
Or internally from the leak pipes, grey/black water tank.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:50 PM   #8

Not quite sure about that leak. I did think of something else we had to tighten up the connection on the shower hose, the first night I had water spraying all over from it and was barely getting anything from the shower head.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:12 PM   #9

Things we have seen/done

We bought one of these last April. Our impression is that it's viewed by the company as a "starter camper because of its size and price.

Things we found that needed attention:
1. Check every plumbing connection you can see. Our toilet leaked the first trip out, and it was the supply hose. Our sink drain was loose, as was the P trap. I tightened those things up and all is well.

2 ours was missing the door frame latch for the screen door. Dealer sent me an entire latch kit, and I put the latch on.

Things we've done:
1. I bought an aluminum rail and rollers, and my wife made a privacy curtain for the front "queen" bed.

2. I put a sliding door on the front door side corner of the storage trunk under the front bed. Best mod, so far.

3. I installed a stereo above the front bed.

4. We've hung command hooks in various places.

5. I put a shelf in the cabinet right inside the door.

6. I put a 3 way valve on the water pump to make winterizing nor simple.

It's a great little TT, but I think they put them together really fast, so you just have to check things.
rtidwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawntan View Post
Please advise things to watch out for failure.
I need to find and fix as many issue as possible while I still ahve 1 year warranty.

Please let me know common first year issues that you have
You need to Buy the F/R 2nd year Warr.Then you have 2 years to get things fixed! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:32 PM   #11

I bought a 2013 221RBXL cruise lite beginning of last summer. My first TT. I love the trailer. No problems so far. Have fun.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnbike13 View Post
I've got same model for two years. Only issue I've had was the dinette not fitting when converting to bed. The space was too large and table would fall through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2. We're having our dinette thrown out and a custom unit installed. Also the toilet paper holder fell off the wall a day after we got ours in 2014 (2015 model). The biggest complaint I had was the rear axle brakes were never hooked up. Other than the poor workmanship and lack of quality control, we're happy with it and about to leave for Florida. Good luck.
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:30 PM   #13

I second the check all fittings to make sure it's all tight. Besides the bracing of the bed we added a tv mount to the side of the cabinet with microwave, with a 24 tv/dvd combo. Added a hand rail for the screen door, and mounted a paper towel holder under the microwave.
We are planning on adding some sort of lightweight medicine cabinet in the bathroom this year.

As I mentioned before we haven't had any real issues so far.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtidwell View Post
2. I put a sliding door on the front door side corner of the storage trunk under the front bed. Best mod, so far.
Do you have any pictures?

Old 02-27-2016, 08:59 PM   #15

The furnace on our 195bh doesn't work. All the other propane appliances work fine.
s10texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 12:24 AM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
You need to Buy the F/R 2nd year Warr.Then you have 2 years to get things fixed! Youroo!!
X2 on the second year warranty! It only came into play for a pigtail replacement for the propane tank but it gave me peace of mind for $150 (or whatever the price was when I brought it).

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote