Old 12-01-2015, 05:10 PM   #1

Just brought it home...356QB

Just brought it home last night. Now the fun starts of packing it up.

Got it home and none of the slides would work or landing gear. Turned out to be a fuse on the remote control panel. Now I know these things are built quick and without much quality control but does anyone have any pride in what they do? I had to remove the whole panel inside the pass thru to get to the panel which has about 8 fuses in it.
You would think they would have put an access panel, but I guess that would have cost about 1.00.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:29 AM   #2

Just brought it home...356QB

Are you talking about the fuse box behind the panel in the rear of the basement storage area? I have a 2016, 356qbq myself and the remote worked at first, now won't. I can hear a clicking behind that panel. How did you fix the problem if so? I'd really like to fix it myself rather than dragging it to the dealer.

Old 03-04-2016, 05:01 AM   #3

Yes. Correct. I removed the large panel and the remote control box is there with fuses in it. I cut a hole about 10x10 in the panel where the box is and made a cover out of some scrap luaun. I also boutique some spray foam insulation and filled the holes where all the hoses and wires go through.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:02 AM   #4

I also moved the remote panel to the back of the stairs framing for easier access. There was enough slack in the wires.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #5

I have a 2015 and have had to access that panel a couple of times for the same reason. You will also want to locate the inline fuse in the top of the front compartment for the landing gear. I put a resettable fuse in there.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:05 PM   #6

Removed the panel today, 30a fuse blown. Replaced and works fine for now. I also moved the fuse block closer to the outside wall and slid the large panel towards the passenger side (there was plenty of slack in the wires) and made a hinged door for easy access in the future. My question is now, why are these fuses blowing in the first place? This seems to be a frequent problem with this model and several others by Forest River.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:10 PM   #7

Honestly a 30 amp is not a large fuse for the work that it is doing. It is lifting what about 2000lbs. Most car window motors are on a 30 amp circuit breaker.

2000 F250 CC 4x4 7.3L diesel

15 Salem Hemisphere Lite356QB