Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2015, 07:18 PM   #11
Go Pack Go!!
 
codespy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Packerland
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charndog View Post
Congrats 2Bretired! Glad to hear your thoughts on the aluminum siding. Ours came off the line yesterday and should be ready to deliver now if not already on the way to the dealer. Hopefully we will be camping in a couple weeks. Cannot wait.
Did you get your new rig...and how is everything working out? Would love to hear an update.

Ours just came off the assembly line and the dealer had it at the dealership 2 days ago. They started the dealer prep and found a big MFR defect. According to the tech, the OSB combined with resin material used for the roof of the super slide over the dinette/sofa is defective, and the dealer felt in 2-3 years exposed to the sun/elements, we would start to see issues with the paneling inside on the ceiling. It would not be a leak issue, but was alarming enough that they want to re-install new material for the entire roof of the slide-out. He said the OSB felt squishy using his fingers while observing the imperfections on the roof of the slide-out.

I was pretty happy he noticed this, and I'm not sure I would have caught this on the PDI, especially because I have slide-out toppers on this unit. They said it would be at least two weeks to get the parts and rebuild it. I have no issues with waiting, as we are still using our current camper which will be sold once we get the new one.

Driving 2 hours tomorrow to get the PDI done on the rest of the camper, hopefully no other major issues. I am really happy with my dealer for catching what he did so far.
__________________

__________________
1994 Damon Hornet 27R
2016 Wildwood 4092BFL (Still Getting Fixed by Dealer After Production)
codespy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:26 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9
New Salem Villa Estates

Yes, we have had it about 2 weeks now. We love the lay out, a few minor glitches, the bedroom fan wobbles and makes noise but they have ordered a new one and it should be here in 2 weeks. Our biggest disappointment is with the satellite system. I guess it is set up to be in the bedroom only and just the antenna in the living room?? If we were pulling it around I wouldn't care but we are stationary for 6 months and when the weather is bad it is nice to have something to watch. The good news is they are going to come out and put in a splitter and fix it for us. Otherwise, we are happy campers! Thanks for asking!
__________________

__________________
2Bretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:31 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9
WOw, this is awesome that he found that. We are also very happy with our dealer and the guy that did our PDI, hope all goes well for you and you get it soon!
__________________
2Bretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:38 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by codespy View Post
Did you get your new rig...and how is everything working out? Would love to hear an update.

Ours just came off the assembly line and the dealer had it at the dealership 2 days ago. They started the dealer prep and found a big MFR defect. According to the tech, the OSB combined with resin material used for the roof of the super slide over the dinette/sofa is defective, and the dealer felt in 2-3 years exposed to the sun/elements, we would start to see issues with the paneling inside on the ceiling. It would not be a leak issue, but was alarming enough that they want to re-install new material for the entire roof of the slide-out. He said the OSB felt squishy using his fingers while observing the imperfections on the roof of the slide-out.

I was pretty happy he noticed this, and I'm not sure I would have caught this on the PDI, especially because I have slide-out toppers on this unit. They said it would be at least two weeks to get the parts and rebuild it. I have no issues with waiting, as we are still using our current camper which will be sold once we get the new one.

Driving 2 hours tomorrow to get the PDI done on the rest of the camper, hopefully no other major issues. I am really happy with my dealer for catching what he did so far.
The Roof on My sisters NEW 2015 Salem Villa was more like a (Trampoline) than a Hard Surface! It is in for Slide Roof Repair now! The (OSB) was GONE and it was also Leaking inside the walls and ceiling! Good luck on your Repair also! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:42 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 25
Yes we did get it two weeks ago. We have not camped in it yet as we have been busy blocking it and hooking the sewer up as well as bringing everything to camp with. We are making progress and plan to camp this weekend for the first time. The floor plan seems so nice. I haven't checked out the slide yet, I didn't bring a ladder to get on the roof. We will see how this works when we actually camp and have the dogs and kids.
__________________
Charndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:46 PM   #16
Go Pack Go!!
 
codespy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Packerland
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
The Roof on My sisters NEW 2015 Salem Villa was more like a (Trampoline) than a Hard Surface! It is in for Slide Roof Repair now! The (OSB) was GONE and it was also Leaking inside the walls and ceiling! Good luck on your Repair also! Youroo!!

It's more widespread as I found out today at the dealer for the PDI. They went back and found 10 other TT from Wildwood/FR with the same issue that have to get fixed, and when they contacted Wildwood, there was one just about to leave the factory that they noticed the issue with too. So I guess I'm not the only one.
__________________
1994 Damon Hornet 27R
2016 Wildwood 4092BFL (Still Getting Fixed by Dealer After Production)
codespy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:07 PM   #17
Go Pack Go!!
 
codespy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Packerland
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charndog View Post
Yes we did get it two weeks ago. We have not camped in it yet as we have been busy blocking it and hooking the sewer up as well as bringing everything to camp with. We are making progress and plan to camp this weekend for the first time. The floor plan seems so nice. I haven't checked out the slide yet, I didn't bring a ladder to get on the roof. We will see how this works when we actually camp and have the dogs and kids.

That will be a tall ladder you need for that unit!! I spent a little over 3 hours on the PDI today, and found some minor defects that the dealer has no problem getting fixed. I am glad we got the ladder option for our unit. Has a lot of rungs!

A couple of interesting surprises for our 2016 model 4092BFL.... 1) The stereo system is now located under the TV in living room and not in the upper cabinet by the patio door- nice change, but the sound sadly does not compare to the old Concertone 10+2 surround sound system with subwoofer. 2) There is now an access door on the outside of camper for the storage under master bedroom bed- bonus. 3) I found out the hard way that if you get the flush tank toilet, we knew the black water tank goes away, but found out the fresh water tank goes away also and you lose the water pump inside. Never knew about that. Now have to improvise when it comes to winterizing with anti-freeze. 4) They switched refrigerators from an 18 cubic foot to a 16 cubic foot.

The kitchen island had a long 12" hairline crack in it parallel with the side of sink, so a new top is being ordered by the dealer and they will take care of it. We are really happy that we got the second sofa with hide a bed in lieu of 2 rockers, now more sleeping capacity as well.

All in all, quality of construction was better than I have seen in the past and it is a nice looking camper. Can't wait for delivery in several weeks!
__________________
1994 Damon Hornet 27R
2016 Wildwood 4092BFL (Still Getting Fixed by Dealer After Production)
codespy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:55 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 25
Ours is a 2016 to our surprise. Thought it was going to be 2015. The stereo is by the slider though. We do have the outside access to the area under the bed. We got the recliners and love them. The big surprise to us was the second A/C unit in the back for the loft and master bedroom. Didn't know that was standard so we figured we would just do with one unit.
__________________
Charndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:47 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 25
Ok Codespy, we spent the first weekend camping in ours and can't believe how much we love this floor plan. My question for you is why the two sofas? You mentioned that you will have more sleeping room. Where will the second sofa be to allow for the two sofa beds to be out at the same time? Or will you just have someone sleep on the sofa and only have one bed pulled out at once? Just wondering. So far everything on ours seems to be working well. We really didn't want to leave after our first weekend there. Can't wait till next weekend.
__________________
Charndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #20
Go Pack Go!!
 
codespy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Packerland
Posts: 93
Our dealer said by sliding the slide-out sofa over a little and angling the other sofa, that both beds can be opened up at the same time. We tend to have lots of people visiting our camp over the summer, so the extra sleeping room is great. Plus, we can lay on sofa's at different angles to watch TV if we want.

I took a pic at my PDI last Thursday and attached it below......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4092BFLmay21.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	304.4 KB
ID:	78136  
__________________

__________________
1994 Damon Hornet 27R
2016 Wildwood 4092BFL (Still Getting Fixed by Dealer After Production)
codespy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
salem

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 PM.