Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #21

Ill be curious to know if that truly works. I still don't see a way for both beds to be out at the same time. Sure is cool if it works since you have a lot of people out.
Charndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 05:09 AM   #22

Ok people, how do you like your new camper? We have used ours for four weekends now and overall love it. Some things I noticed that I don't like. 1. When you walk next to the island you can see it move as the floor begins to flex. 2. When it rains it drips directly over the sliding glass door so you get soaked going in and out. 3. Two of the drawers in the kitchen don't fully close. 4. The entertainment unit needs to be near to TV and not the sliding glass door. Minor things in my opinion, but overall we love it. The room and layout is about perfect, and we really love this camper.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:32 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charndog View Post
Ok people, how do you like your new camper? We have used ours for four weekends now and overall love it. Some things I noticed that I don't like. 1. When you walk next to the island you can see it move as the floor begins to flex. 2. When it rains it drips directly over the sliding glass door so you get soaked going in and out. 3. Two of the drawers in the kitchen don't fully close. 4. The entertainment unit needs to be near to TV and not the sliding glass door. Minor things in my opinion, but overall we love it. The room and layout is about perfect, and we really love this camper.
We love our camper but we have a rear living, front bedroom. We have no satellite hook up in our entertainment center. The two drawers don't close in ours either. must be for traveling. I also don't like the radio position. As far as rain over patio door we have our canopy out and we don't get wet. Don't notice the flex by the island. Wife is very happy with this unit. Enjoy
2Bretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:16 AM   #24

We love ours as well. We did have a leak on the track of the shower door that required more silicone to seal it but that was easy fix. Our canopy is also out all the time so we didn't notice the drip. Our living room is in the back and we absolutely love the layout, we are on the water and all we see is water! I think the little door next to frig is useless, not a good place for a garbage so we put the hoses for the vacuum in there, it get warm inside so I leave the door open. Our ceiling fan in bedroom swings wildly when we turn it on, they are going to come and fix that. Can't say I noticed any movement in the kitchen by the island but have to admit I didn't really look. The drawers have same issue, it is definitely for travel. Our entertainment doesn't have Satellite hook up but plan to fix that. Up on the roof to clean, was a few softer spots but basically it was pretty firm. We LOVE the layout!
2Bretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:55 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charndog View Post
Any advice on maintaining the aluminum siding? I hope it wasn't a mistake to not get gelcoat. When do you get yours, or do you have it already?
Keep your rubber roof clean 2 times a year and reseal it with the proper sealer.
The black streaks on the siding is off the roof from dirt and debris which lands there.
Our 2014 Salem 27RKSS trailer roof was cleaned in late September 2014 and i just cleaned it last weekend again.

In early May we took the trialer to the local RV consignment site for sale (we've used it 15 times since 2012 because we undertook extensive home renovations tearing the second floor off our home and replacing it in Sept 2013 - I'm still doing most of the interior work myself) and the siding upon presentation - was spotless.

After I cleaned the roof this weekend the entire trailer was black streaked so i spent another 2 hours cleaning the siding.

also if you dont want black streaks down from your water spouts (water off dirty roof membrane...) either get the peel and stick extensions or clip on a wooden cloths peg on each spout. the extra length will cause the dirty roof guck to clear the sides of the trailer.

This keeps the siding clean and black streak free.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer 1.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	80101   Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer 2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	80102  
Old 06-16-2015, 07:53 PM   #26

I actually didn't notice the island movement until I was sitting down in a recliner and noticed it from a distance as my kids walked by. Good advice on the roof.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:31 PM   #27
Go Pack Go!!

We still have not taken delivery of our 4092BFL yet.

It rolled off production line May 12 and was brought to the dealer 5 days later. We ordered this thing the second week in March. Dealer had to order a new quarter panel above the backside tires that was dented from the manufacturer, kitchen window blinds were bad, island countertop had a long crack in it, and the SS kitchen sink was defective for some reason. Oh, and the slideout roof over the kitchen/ET center had to be completely rebuilt due to faulty OSB.

Dealer said parts were on order from FR for the longest time but suddenly came in a couple days ago. We are hoping to take delivery this Saturday.

A couple things while doing our PDI-

-When the kids were up in the loft, there was quite a bit of sag/bouncing in the ceiling of the master bedroom. Anyone else notice this on theirs?

-Radio/DVD player is in the ET center on the right side of center opening just above the fireplace, not in hallway across from patio door. Glad they changed that location now.

-There was only one garbage can in the kitchen. At the camper show, there was one in kitchen and bathroom. Did most people have two shipped with theirs or just one?

-There were only two hub cap covers with ours, so two more had to be ordered. I don't think these covers are worth stealing like other hub caps.

Crossing our fingers for delivery this weekend. I have so many electronics/wiring/accessories/appliances to add to this thing. I want to get most of it done before our vacation over July 4th and the following week after!!
Old 06-28-2015, 10:02 PM   #28
Go Pack Go!!

Finally took delivery a week ago. Making major mods and found some things I missed on the PDI. Despite some setbacks, it is a gorgeous unit.

BTW- Sam's club has the Vizio 5.1 surround sound bar marked down $40 since last Wednesday. This thing rocks in my 4092BFL, and fits perfectly with a 1/4 inch to spare.

I got pics if anyone is interested. Also, running HDMI throughout has many advantages on this unit.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:05 PM   #29

Last September we got delivery of our Salem 4092BFL and are loving it. Anyone else have an issue with no air coming out of the vent in the master bedroom? Dealership said it was because the vent is so far away but didn't give us any ideas on how to fix it.
MamaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:44 PM   #30
Go Pack Go!!

Are you talking about the heater vent that comes out below the clothes drawers/cabinet or the A/C vent coming out of the ceiling at the back window? I had to make significant changes to the HVAC to get both working properly.

Please designate which vent you are referring to and I can give you the options that I did to make it work better for our BFL........
Old 02-17-2016, 07:19 AM   #31

I'm talking about the air vent in the ceiling by the back window.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:34 AM   #32
Go Pack Go!!

Okay, last question.....do have only one A/C or two? If you got the option for the 2nd A/C, it would be located in the upper loft bedroom which would also serve the bedroom below it.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:52 AM   #33

We have 2 air conditioners. Another foolish thing is the thermostat for the upstairs air is in the master bedroom. With getting no air in our room the loft air never turns off and the kids freeze while we're hot. The air vent by the stairs going into the bedroom hardly blows anything either. Neither Forest River nor our dealership has helped at all with this issue.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:26 PM   #34
Go Pack Go!!

That's my setup too, and my 2nd A/C still shuts off in low speed without obtaining desired temperature. Dealer still cannot figure it out and get it fixed, but they would not do anything about the low pressure going through certain ducts.

Here is a long list of what I did to fix the problem:

First, take off covers off A/C from the loft. Get some HVAC foil duct tape. Take out the divider in the A/C and start re-taping the open gaps where they connected the roof ductwork to the housing of the A/C. They typically do a lousy job at the factory. Once done with that, reinstall divider and re-tape around the joints of the divider. This will help from the return air sucking the supply air in the A/C itself, giving more output to grilles.

Next, take some aluminum foil and take off the grille adjacent to the A/C (directly above the feet when someone is lying down). Cover the entire grill with the tin foil and reinstall grill. If you want more air movement out of that grille later on, poke a couple holes in it using a screwdriver.

Next, unscrew the wood cover off the void at the back of the loft area. There is a duct that runs from the ceiling down to the bedroom ceiling. Cut the thin wood around duct to get hands into the ceiling. You will likely need to re-tape the transition from the supply duct to the flex duct. Get another piece of thin wood and re-seal the ceiling, and get some window/door foam to seal the penetration. Don't use regular great stuff as that has a lot of pressure when expanding. On my camper, I had to do this because too much air was flowing into the roof cavity instead of out of the vents.

Next, take off the ceiling grille in the bedroom and pull down the excess flex duct. Trim off excess but leave enough to reconnect and reinstall grill. What you are trying to accomplish is have the least amount of bends in the flex duct to maximize CFM's out of the grilles.

Lastly, take off ceiling vent by the door and do the same thing with the flex duct. On my unit, I also took tin foil and covered half of the grill. That increased the flow out of the ceiling grill by the back window. The bottom of the door for the bedroom and the stairway acts as the warm air return for the upper A/C, and since this blows by the thermostat located by the rear door, it should function and cycle better.

I would expect all this work to take about a day to do, but it really helped in my 4092BFL. Sorry for the long post.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:58 PM   #35

Thanks for the help, we'll have to try it come Spring. CAN'T WAIT until Spring!!!
Old 02-21-2016, 12:03 PM   #36

Thanks for the post. I have had the exact same issue. In fact I had the dealer out and they insist there is no problem. However, my a/c fan will shut off when it is still roasting in the master bedroom. The front one works fine. The dealer says it is just the thermostat. The problem is that is works most times and not occasionally.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:20 AM   #37
Go Pack Go!!

FYI- pretty much all the rooftop A/C's need aftermarket help as I described above with foil tape.

On the front A/C on my 4092BFL, I had to open and re-tape the vent connectors and divider inside the unit, then I blocked off the vents in the kitchen area and left open the one at the front window and the one in the bathroom. The one in the bathroom I put a piece of aluminum foil blocking half the vent. This gives much better balance to the system and it works better.

FWIW, at the camper show last weekend, they finally put a real over the range microwave in the camper, instead of the skinny one in last year's model. The new one actually has some width to it now!!
Old 03-22-2016, 05:50 PM   #38

One more question, we have dish at our campsite and the bedroom is the only thing wired for it. Whats the best way to change that so we can also watch tv in the living room and upstairs?
Old 03-23-2016, 01:03 AM   #39
Go Pack Go!!

Are you DirecTV or DishNet? I have DirecTV myself and would be able to get you more accurate answers if you have DirecTV too.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:26 PM   #40

we have dish. Really don't understand why the camper is wired for it to only work in the bedroom. How many campgrounds really have cable? I've never seen one.

Tags
salem