Old 04-03-2015, 10:57 AM   #1

Just ordered a 2015 Salem Villa Estate 4092BFL

Since we now seasonal we just traded in our 2006 Cedar Creek for the Salem 4092 with the loft. We have two kindergarten age boys so we needed a place for them, but the bunk house models you have to give up living room and kitchen space. This model was like having a couples coach with still having beds for the kids. Anyone have any experience with these?

Old 04-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #2
Go Pack Go!!

We have the Wildwood sister version on order. With this 4092BFL model, you get more living room and kitchen space including countertops, with tons of cabinet space. That was a big factor in our decision.

With many front and back bedroom models, there is typically no counter space in the kitchen, and storage in kitchen is really lacking.

We also like looking straight on at a entertainment center and not 90 degrees to the left or right while sitting down, like most models. Those are neck killers.

We priced out the Salem vs. Wildwood model, and save over $4k going Wildwood for whatever reason. Hope you got a good deal.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:38 PM   #3

We got ours from the dealer we bought our original fifth wheel from so there were incentives and a refund on a warranty etc. we got. Not sure it totally saved us money but the Wildwood and Salem Estate seem about identical. I totally agree with you on the living space you get with this. In our old fiver we not only did the 90 degree thing to watch a movie, but with only one small sofa only two of the four of us had seats. The opposable super slides in the living and kitchen area are game changers. It is like having a couples coach but still having a bedroom for the kids. One thing I'm not sure is going to the type of siding it has. Hope it is okay.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:08 PM   #4
Go Pack Go!!

We upgraded to the Gelcoat. Our current 42' Wildwood has regular aluminum siding and is more difficult to clean. It was a pricey upgrade (about $2300) but will have it for years to come, and was well worth it for us.

We also decided to not go with the leather furniture, since we have cold weather climates at times. Plus we have two dogs and our little one will scratch leather up bad even with trimmed nails. FR also allowed us to ditch the rockers and have a second sofa in it. Much more practical for our family.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:07 PM   #5

Any advice on maintaining the aluminum siding? I hope it wasn't a mistake to not get gelcoat. When do you get yours, or do you have it already?
Old 04-05-2015, 11:12 PM   #6
Go Pack Go!!

Mine goes into production soon, and is scheduled to come off the line around May 12. Ordered it three weeks ago, but just last week added additional options. Never knew about being able to upgrade to double pane windows and some other items. There was no list showing other upgrades available.

Ask your dealer to contact FR to see when yours goes into production and perhaps you can still make some changes. They obviously have to have your order list for their materials needed before hitting the production line.

My neighbor upgraded his travel trailer when we did back in 2007, and he got the Gelcoat. I wish I would have done that back then, so I'm not making the same mistake this time around.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:57 AM   #7

I'm thinking it is too late for ours. It is in production now coming off the line at the beginning of next week. We didn't truly order ours, our dealer had one on order and we are buying the one they had ordered. We got a better deal doing that and the only thing we wouldn't have done was the siding. Still not sure about that with the added cost. Do you still wax alum sided like the gelcoat?
Old 04-06-2015, 07:54 PM   #8
Go Pack Go!!

Unfortunately it was hard enough to find time and wash it....never made it to the waxing stage.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:31 AM   #9

Siding

We just purchased a 2015 Villa Estates with aluminum siding. Our previous Wildwood had the soft side, not sure what material it was but leaving all winter outside on permanent site in Wisconsin we started to see cracks in the sides. Other campers have the aluminum in our campground and although it is not smooth, they clean up pretty quick as well. I don't think it will shows stains from sap and trees as bad either, just some of my thoughts. Very excited to get our camper to our site, it arrives in 2 weeks, just had the walk through and we are VERY pleased with everything so far.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:02 PM   #10

Congrats 2Bretired! Glad to hear your thoughts on the aluminum siding. Ours came off the line yesterday and should be ready to deliver now if not already on the way to the dealer. Hopefully we will be camping in a couple weeks. Cannot wait.

Tags
salem