Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2015, 09:19 AM   #1

Smile Just pulled the trigger on a Hemisphere Lite 263RL

After eight months of thinking about a travel trailer we finally ordered a new Salem Hemisphere Lite 263RL at the Tampa RV Supershow yesterday. It is a new floorplan and we have not been in this specific unit. We had been looking at Rockwood and Flagstaff models that are very similar. The Hemisphere does not have the wardrobe slide, but it does have recliners, rounded shower, better bath sink position, and more counter space. Don't know about the mattress. Rockwood has Sealy, but type of mattress is not listed and we forgot to ask. Buyers remorse this morning? Not really, other than the mattress. In addition to negotiating a good price, we will get a Fantastic Fan in the bathroom, American made tires (not Chinese), and weight reduction hitch and stabilizer.

Because this is a brand new floorplan, I don't expect anyone here to have one, but if you do, how do you like it? Any other Hemisphere owners? How do you like this brand?

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:47 AM   #2

Congrats on your new Salem Hemisphere Lite 263RL.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:12 PM   #3

I like the floorplan. Salem Hemisphere Fifth Wheels / Travel Trailers by Forest River RV

Gather with friends and family in one area. Bathroom usable with the slide in, some kitchen counter top space but not too much, angled shower. Interesting touch with the laundry chute.
Honda EU3000is inverter-generator
techntrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:22 PM   #4

The rounded shower door opens from the center and glides open, rather than the angled shower door that swings out. The rounded area provides a little more room inside the shower. The bath between the living and bedroom areas provides more privacy if one wants to sleep while the other watches TV, and also provides more privacy if others sleep in the living room. Some floor plans we considered had you walking over sleeping people to get to the bathrooms, which is not good for 50 somethings. Everything is a trade off according to weight, length, and budget!

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
Old 01-18-2015, 09:38 PM   #5
Done with this

The rear living room rocks. It may lack some privacy for visitors, but we love the RL layout in our Catalina.

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:19 AM   #6

Congrats Towing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingGator View Post
After eight months of thinking about a travel trailer we finally ordered a new Salem Hemisphere Lite 263RL at the Tampa RV Supershow yesterday. It is a new floorplan and we have not been in this specific unit. We had been looking at Rockwood and Flagstaff models that are very similar. The Hemisphere does not have the wardrobe slide, but it does have recliners, rounded shower, better bath sink position, and more counter space. Don't know about the mattress. Rockwood has Sealy, but type of mattress is not listed and we forgot to ask. Buyers remorse this morning? Not really, other than the mattress. In addition to negotiating a good price, we will get a Fantastic Fan in the bathroom, American made tires (not Chinese), and weight reduction hitch and stabilizer.

Because this is a brand new floorplan, I don't expect anyone here to have one, but if you do, how do you like it? Any other Hemisphere owners? How do you like this brand?
I noticed you have a Ford F150 is it a Crew Cab Eco boost? How does it tow? We are thinking of buying the 27RL.
Scorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 03:01 PM   #7
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

I have a F250 Superduty
Go for a GMC
Wanna buy ,my ford? tows like XX)$*$#J$%
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 03:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingGator View Post
The rounded shower door opens from the center and glides open, rather than the angled shower door that swings out. The rounded area provides a little more room inside the shower. The bath between the living and bedroom areas provides more privacy if one wants to sleep while the other watches TV, and also provides more privacy if others sleep in the living room. Some floor plans we considered had you walking over sleeping people to get to the bathrooms, which is not good for 50 somethings. Everything is a trade off according to weight, length, and budget!
When you get your new camper, check the shower doors! The line workers missed the fact that the friction fit edging for the glass doors is designed to meet and seal. The plastic is match-beveled with full length magnetic inserts each side so when you close it, it seals. DW took the first shower in our HG with that shower and wasn't happy when she stepped out into a little puddle. I took one look and shook my head! Popped one side off, turned it around, and the doors sealed just fine for me!

Old 03-14-2015, 04:06 PM   #9

Our unit has come off the production line and we are very anxiously awaiting its arrival! It gets more difficult to wait every day. The cooler weather has been replaced with almost 90 degree weather, so we want to get started soon. Hopefully it will cool off again. This is more like our usual May weather.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
Old 03-14-2015, 04:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1fan View Post
The rear living room rocks. It may lack some privacy for visitors, but we love the RL layout in our Catalina.
Actually, we got this floorplan in part because of the privacy it affords. Company can be in the living area and we can be in the bedroom, but maintain privacy with the bathroom providing the buffer between the two. That also will help us because we often arise and go to bed at different times. So many of the floorplans have the TV at the end of the bed, with no sound buffer between. I get it about maybe not having as much bathroom privacy, but we will only have family with us, and that not too often.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
Old 03-14-2015, 06:19 PM   #11
Done with this

LOL! I was talking about the company when I stagger through to the kitchen for my must have morning coffee, growling and scratching...

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led