Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2017, 10:07 PM   #1

Just purchased my first Travel Trailer: Salem 30KQBSS

Just getting into this lifestyle and can't wait. Picking up my new 30KQBSS trailer tomorrow and have its maiden voyage scheduled for next week. Now just feeling overwhelmed with getting it all set up like we want it. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
bkhardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:01 PM   #2

Poop host. White water hose. 90 degree hose attachment (keep hose from bending and cutting off water supply). 50/30 amp adapter for diff parks. Leveling blocks. Filter (not a must have). WDH.

All that I can think of now
mj0528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:42 PM   #3

Id recommend something to store those hoses in as well . I use a rubber maid tub that fits my poop hose perfectly . I lined the bottom with a couple absorbent mats and change them out after a while .
I also got a smaller rubber maid tub to keep my fresh water hose, filter, and regulator in and clean when its being stored .
A small level to level the rig when you park it . ( not good for the fridge to be too far out of level).
Some leveling blocks or some wood blocks and some good wheel chocks .
I also like to block up the Electric jack in front so I dont have to run it up and down so far.
I cant help you with the inside stuff thats mommas area I'm lucky she lets me in there .lol.

TV:GMC 2500HD Duramax
TT: 2015 Wildwood 21rbs
510Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:01 PM   #4

Thanks for the recommendations.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #5

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0874.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	323.8 KB
ID:	139055
Old 05-25-2017, 09:25 PM   #6

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170512_124659.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	139057

2014 Roo 233S
ParaRigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:00 PM   #7

Make sure everything is working before final acceptance and payment, do a proper PDI check that fridge works on electric and propane, hot water tank works with electric and propane, check AC and furnace are functioning, check stabilizers, check awning for function and holes, get on roof and check to see if all appears well, check windows for proper operation, check fit and finish of all finishes, check televisions for operation, check all lighting inside and out, check plumbing for leaks, fill fresh water tank and check water pump and for leaks, hook up to city water connection and check for flow at all point of use and check water filter, check stove and oven for function, check micro wave, make sure you understand how to operate all devices, stabilizers are not jacks merely for stabilizing the trailer, check 12 volt lighting with out shore power connected, there are not any dumb questions, locate battery disconnect and understand it still has small devices sucking power even when in disconnect position. Do not be in a hurry they will rush you enough, do not accept till you are comfortable with the quality and knowledge obtained.
2013 35 nights, 2014 105 nights, 2015 123 nights, 2016 18 nights 🙁
Mike ONeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510Rick View Post
A small level to level the rig when you park it . ( not good for the fridge to be too far out of level).
The leveling of your refrigerator is most critical side to side on the refrigerator. That means if it is mounted in a side wall he Fore/Aft leveling of the camper is the most important. Particularly true if it is a typical RV refrigerator that runs on propane or electric. They have a cooling unit on the rear that has slight slopes and many return bends. IF the fluid cannot flow it will create clogs at the bends which will destroy the cooling unit.

Also, turn the refrigerator on a day before you are going camping because it is slow to cool off. Then put already cooled items in it after it is cooled already. It is not good at cooling off warm items. We keep a thermometer in both the refrigerator and freezer compartments. We keep our cold drinks in ice chests so as to not be constantly opening and closing the refrigerator as well.

The refrigerators work well but just have their limitations. Most people find this out on their first camping trip the hard way.

Welcome to the most friendly group of people on the planet....campers!

Any more questions, Id recommend you do a search of this forum and ask the questions if you dont' find the answers. You will be AMAZED at the amount of information you will gather.

Also, Air your tires up to the MAXIMUM pressure listed on the side walls using a good tire gauge. DO NOT pull it over 65 MPH. Read posts about "China Bombs" as that phrase relates to trailer tires on this forum.

Tags
salem, trailer, travel, travel trailer