Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2015, 09:01 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Did they fix the issue where when an item is deleted, it crashes? And, have you ever verified the level accuracy?

Not aware of any problems... Been using it for two years without an issue. I do occasionally throw a level on it after using the app... No more or less margin of error than my bubble level.

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 03-29-2015, 09:12 AM   #22

Roibbsails, what is a bible level?
AshnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:50 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshnJim View Post
Roibbsails, what is a bible level?
coldn't resist chiming in....

It must be one that remains true and resists personal interpretation and poor scholarship. Priceless.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:26 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by old goat travelers View Post
Hi everyone we are getting ready to go on our first camping trip with our 23 foot Salem Travel trailer. Since our trailer is used and we don't have an owners manual do you have the slide out or in before you level the T.T. ? This is our first T.T. so we have a lot to learn. Thank you Neil and Maureen
Take your unit to a Level area,with a 3-4' carpenter level confirm the unit is Level! Now run the slide out,if level is off adjust with whatever method you select,measure and chart height needed to have a Level unit! When you pull into a Camp Site that is NOT Level,place the Carpenter Level on the same place as Orig. and just ADD the amount needed to bring up to Level + the Starting amount (If Needed)! There are (LOTS) of unit Owners with (1-2) Slides on (1) side who MUST ADD( Shim/Blocks) in order to reach LEVEL! Some let their units (Lean) they say it Helps with Water runoff? Level unit is the Correct method! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:57 AM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

[QUOTE=old goat travelers;819064]Thank you so much for your time and help, We have learned plenty already. We live in Phx. and we are leaving this coming Monday for upper Az. with mountains and Pine trees and just camp out for a while to see how everything works. I want to see if my Dodge ram 1500 4.7 engine auto trans will pull this T.T. up those long steep hills . I expect it to bog down some but if it's real bad I might have to start looking for a diesel .[

Things to think about when leveling is does your shower drain off to one side? Will the shower water run to the wrong side?

If your leaving Phx going up I 17, you will know if you Ram is good enough by the time you get to Flagstaff. Just don't take 89A north!!!!
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:13 PM   #26

We are taking 87 north to Woods Canyon Lake area. Thank you all
old goat travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:42 PM   #27

Hey, there, Old Goat Travelers! We're from Tucson, and have gone up to Woods Canyon Lake a few times ourselves. Beautiful place, that's for sure. We'll be at Bonito, at Sunset Crater, in July - going up for the Flagstaff Highland Games. If you're up there between the 9th and the 13th of July, look for us - we're in a Rockwood HW 276, with a brown Ford F-150 with a tonnau.
AshnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:50 PM   #28

Hey AshnJim July 12 we'll be in Michigan upper peninsula but if we were hear we'd sure check Flagstaff Highland Games. Thanks for the invite
Old 03-29-2015, 11:54 PM   #29
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Hey AshnJim July 12 we'll be in Michigan upper peninsula but if we were hear we'd sure check Flagstaff Highland Games. Thanks for the invite
Old Goat! Where in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan are you going to??
I'm a Yooper currently staying in Casa Grande, Az.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:10 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULTINI View Post
Nothing to add except I really like your name Old Goat Travelers, LMAO.

X2 and congrats on the new TT!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:32 AM   #31

Hey eland I am from the Detroit area and my wife is from Boston. We are leaving Phx some time in the not too distant future to go on a trip up the Pacific Hwy all the way up into Washington then across the top of the country to Wis. then to the u.p.. We will be there around July 12 to meet 2 of my sons and their families and we will all meet in the Det. area for a big family reunion. Man that was a lot of typing my thumb is sore LOL.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:03 PM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Hey eland I am from the Detroit area and my wife is from Boston. We are leaving Phx some time in the not too distant future to go on a trip up the Pacific Hwy all the way up into Washington then across the top of the country to Wis. then to the u.p.. We will be there around July 12 to meet 2 of my sons and their families and we will all meet in the Det. area for a big family reunion. Man that was a lot of typing my thumb is sore LOL.
Nice trip, as a matter in fact we were thinking about going home that way from Casa Grande. But got a fond liking to this area and we're just heading a shorter way now.
If you going thru the U.P. and need pointers, PM me. I live just south of Houghton, Mi.
PS I was born in Detroit.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:25 PM   #33

I hope you guys LEVELED your units? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:57 PM   #34

Everything will level out in the end.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:18 PM   #35

Hey everybody we're back. We took our 2008 Salem T.T. up from Phx. to Woods Canyon Lake area up on the Rim. My 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd 4.7 engine w/ auto trans worked like a dog on those steep climbs. Several times it went all the way down into 1st gear, floored and the RPM's were 5K and above a couple times. So I don't know how the truck would hold up on a long country tour So now we are looking at Dodge diesel pickups . Now about the 23 foot Salem travel trailer with a slide. We left Phx. with a full water tank, extra gas, tons of food,chairs, tables, coolers, just everything you really don't need but we brought it anyway. We found a great spot right on the rim and the way we pulled in we didn't have to unhook the trailer, it was pretty level, so that part was nice.Then we made the trailer stable and put out the slide, the slide went out perfectly and didn't need any support. We wanted to try everything to see what worked and what needed to be fixed. Water pump, hot water heater,fridge, shower,the sinks,toilet,the awning, furnace,the Queen walk around bed (very comfortable)kitchen stove and oven,all the lights all worked perfectly. Then we tried out our new Yamaha 2600 generator and found that every 110 outlet worked, microwave worked perfect, the A/C would freeze you out, the fridge switched from Propane to 110 as it should, There is not one thing that didn't perform perfectly We are so pleased with our Forest River Salem Trailer everything worked flawlessly . So other then the truck crying a lot we had a great time up there. We are now thinking about our big trip up the Pacific coast then across the country to upper Michigan then down to Detroit area. Oh and one thing about the rim country this time of year it's very windy and cold Sorry for being so long winded but I told you I'd tell you what happened so there it is. Neil and Maureen (Old Goat Travelers)
Old 04-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #36
Mod free 5er

Glad everything worked great. BTW, good to see you spell your name correctly. So many folks want to spell mine Neal or Niel (plus some others with more letters).
Old 04-03-2015, 02:32 PM   #37

I've experienced the same thing Neil .
Old 04-03-2015, 02:32 PM   #38

Old Goat Travelers,
You might want to look at a Toyota Tundra w/ the 5.7 L V-8. We have towed a 32' Windjammer (fully loaded @ 7500 lbs) for about 25,000 miles, across the Rockies, everywhere with no problems. (Ours is a 2010) We get @ 10.5 mpg towing and gas is sure cheaper than diesel. Love the truck and that is not to say anything bad about the Dodge.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:58 PM   #39

Congrats on getting in that maiden voyage with nothing wrong. The big trip that you speak of sounds great.

Do try to take in (US Forest Service) Picture Rocks National Lakeshore area in UP and 12 Mile Beach and/or Hurricane River campgrounds. Both are primitive camping and they are hard to get a spot in, but you should at least try. The beach on Lake Superior is surprisingly nice. Also check out Straits State Park just north of the Mackinac Bridge when going south... easier to get into in the summer but don't wait too late in the day. Also try Platte River (US Forest Service) campground south of Sleeping Bear Dunes. The area around Glen Arbor is special. Michigan campgrounds in the summer are crowded. We have done that area twice in recent years, but both times after Labor Day. It can be very nice, but the weather can become iffy very quickly.

One thing that the wife and I have figured out after several years of camping now... we ONLY take things with us that we cannot purchase near to our first camp stop. That way you are not loading yourself down with extra weight especially on long drives. Same thing with the water tank... although we almost always camp at spots that have water so no need to fill the tank anyway. We drink bottled water while camping and use the camp ground facilities so our water usage is low. When we are finishing up at one spot, we eat off our supplies before moving then we go shopping at our new destination.

Have fun...
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:04 PM   #40

Quote:
Hey everybody we're back. We took our 2008 Salem T.T. up from Phx. to Woods Canyon Lake area up on the Rim. My 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd 4.7 engine w/ auto trans worked like a dog on those steep climbs. Several times it went all the way down into 1st gear, floored and the RPM's were 5K and above a couple times. So I don't know how the truck would hold up on a long country tour So now we are looking at Dodge diesel pickups . Now about the 23 foot Salem travel trailer with a slide. We left Phx. with a full water tank, extra gas, tons of food,chairs, tables, coolers, just everything you really don't need but we brought it anyway. We found a great spot right on the rim and the way we pulled in we didn't have to unhook the trailer, it was pretty level, so that part was nice.Then we made the trailer stable and put out the slide, the slide went out perfectly and didn't need any support. We wanted to try everything to see what worked and what needed to be fixed. Water pump, hot water heater,fridge, shower,the sinks,toilet,the awning, furnace,the Queen walk around bed (very comfortable)kitchen stove and oven,all the lights all worked perfectly. Then we tried out our new Yamaha 2600 generator and found that every 110 outlet worked, microwave worked perfect, the A/C would freeze you out, the fridge switched from Propane to 110 as it should, There is not one thing that didn't perform perfectly We are so pleased with our Forest River Salem Trailer everything worked flawlessly . So other then the truck crying a lot we had a great time up there. We are now thinking about our big trip up the Pacific coast then across the country to upper Michigan then down to Detroit area. Oh and one thing about the rim country this time of year it's very windy and cold Sorry for being so long winded but I told you I'd tell you what happened so there it is. Neil and Maureen (Old Goat Travelers)
Where's the photos?

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, trailer, travel, travel trailer