Originally Posted by old goat travelers
Hi everyone we are getting ready to go on our first camping trip with our 23 foot Salem Travel trailer. Since our trailer is used and we don't have an owners manual do you have the slide out or in before you level the T.T. ? This is our first T.T. so we have a lot to learn. Thank you Neil and Maureen
Hi Old Goat! Welcome to the Forums and congrats on your new TT!!
Here is a extract from my 5th wheel checklist (adapted for your Travel Trailer)
2-3' bubble level (you can get em cheap at Harbor Freight)
Anderson Leveler (SO much easier than Lego blocks!)
BAL X-Chocks (to stop any front-to-rear movement while camped)
Both the above can be purchased from Amazon.com
- BEFORE unhooking, use your level and check your Right-Left Level
- If you use a Andersen Leveler, put it behind the low-side trailer wheel(s) and back up until you are level.
- If you use Lego blocks it will be a trial and error process to see how many blocks you need to get level
- Once level, put on the BAL X-Chocks
- Your rig is now secure, unhitch and drive the TV forward
- Get the level and, check the front-rear level
- Using your tongue jack, raise or lower the tongue until front-rear is level
- Lower your rear stabilizer jacks
Presto, you are done!
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013
• 2015 - 56
• Jul 2016 - Fulltime •