Old 08-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #1

Lippert receiver located

I have a 2014 hemisphere 366BH.
I have the lippert 8 function remote control system. I'm trying to program my touch remote looks like an IPod.
But I don't know where to look for it. I got the programming instructions from lippert. So now all I need to do is locate the receiver.
Thanks
Ted

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 08-22-2014, 01:13 PM   #2
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

The receiver in our Hemi 282RK is in the bathroom linen closet behind a false panel. Our remote didn't work when we got it and the dealer had to have it replaced as it was faulty from the factory.
One of the things to consider is that our dealer tried to program the remote from the written instructions Lippert provided, but couldn't get it to work. After a day of back and forth, the service tech had Lippert on the phone and walked through every step. Guess what -- their written instructions left out 2 steps that prevented the remote and receivcer to interface. Don't know if that's your case or not, but something to keep in the back of your mind.

Good luck!

1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #3

We have 286rlt, our remote kept blowing the fuse, we are currently on our 4th, my husband talked with FR tech, dealer service dept. 3 times,and liepert tech. He finally ran it down himself by taking remote to the 3 different location we were told where it was located and listened for noise. Sure enough, it clicked behind the wall panel in the large storage area under bedroom. He had to remove the entire wall panel to change the fuse. Pretty stupid engineering to put it behind a panel where everything has to be removed. Since this is the 4th time to replace it, we are having an access "door" (piece if paneling) put in by dealer. Why can't all fuses be put in same accessible area? Is that too sensible?

I would love to find a blog for customer input to manufactures, to refer to for help designing a better product for the end user, US.

As a result of our various BAD experiences with factory and dealer short falls, we are making notes in our manuals as to how to find which fuses, and where. Along with notes from others experiences to help us if needed.

We still love our unit and the times we are spending in it.

Hoping to go west once all issues are resolved.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-24-2014, 09:38 PM   #4

I have a 2012 26bud and have the same problems with my remote my local camping world has had my trailer for 2 weeks and can't find a solution for the problem they racked up 28 hours of labor and. Now Im fighting my warranty co to pay for the repair I've only owned the unit dor 1 month
Old 08-25-2014, 08:31 AM   #5
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambler44 View Post
I have a 2012 26bud and have the same problems with my remote my local camping world has had my trailer for 2 weeks and can't find a solution for the problem they racked up 28 hours of labor and. Now Im fighting my warranty co to pay for the repair I've only owned the unit dor 1 month
As I mentioned in my earlier post, our service tech couldn't reprogram it either until he called Lippert and walked through the process step by step with them on the phone. That's when Lippert found out the instructions they provide are missing 2 key steps.
Good Luck!
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 08-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #6

Thanks , I will keep that in mind .

Old 08-25-2014, 11:27 AM   #7
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

FR or Lippert should be able to tell you where the receiver is, make sure you have your model and vin# handy.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 08-25-2014, 11:32 AM   #8

Ok thank you

Old 08-27-2014, 04:15 PM   #9

Lippert receiver located

Ted check around for an access panel in a closet wherever your control panel is for your slide and lights. Mine like oxcamper's is a 282rk and the lippert control panel is in the bathroom at the bottom of a linen closet behind a screwed in panel. Which is the backside of where my control panel is for the slide and lights.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1409170523.729233.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	919.9 KB
ID:	61546

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:18 PM   #10

Lippert receiver located

You might also want to take a quick look at the wires for damage. I found this. A bare spot in the white wire
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1409170712.886497.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	845.8 KB
ID:	61548

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat