Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #1

Question Looking at a Salem LE 27BH

I'm looking at purchasing a 2005 Salem T27BHLE as my first trailer. I'm wondering, is this a lite travel trailer? If so, are they well built lites, or one of the throw away ones I've heard about? Anything in particular i should look for? Any help would be appreciated!
ApprenticeRV'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Familiar with the brand, just not that model/line. Hope someone else can help. I'm very pleased with my Salem, but it's a Park Trailer.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #3

My brother and I are going to pick our new 2009s up tomorrow. They are fairly light; dry weight 4740. We searched and researched, and these had what we wanted. We special ordered what we wanted, and since we are buying 2, I think we got a good deal.

I hope they are good. This guy in Jonesboro Arkansas moves a lot of Salem LEs.

We looked a lot of them over, and they seemed made as well as the others. They seemed to compare to the Jayco Jayflite and Zinger, if that means anything to you.
gschwend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #4

we got a 2008 LE29BHBS in Dec and have camped in it three weeks so far. it is doing well, only had a few issues; broken table leg and water heater problem. we like the layout and hope warranty fixes the problems. we are having a ladder added now. enjoy your camper
Old 07-02-2008, 09:15 AM   #5

We got our 27 le. My ford 150 had no problem pulling it. Had a leak over the rear cargo door, just a matter of a little caulk. So far I really like it. No, I don't consider it a throw away. I wouldn't have bought it if I did.
gschwend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:36 AM   #6

I've got a 2000 Salem Lite.....I think its 25-26ft.........its 5000lbs dry....and my 1500 silverado tows it fine......definately not a throw away trailer.....even at 8yrs old......its in pretty much new condition......no regrets.
hoorders is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem