Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Golfnbike13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 351
Low water pressure

I have a 195bh and wondering if a water pressure regulator should be used at the campsite faucet hookup? I'm using one that says it's preset to 40-50 psi and we have lousy pressure in the shower. Wondering if I can remove that and safely get better pressure??
__________________

__________________
Golfnbike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnbike13 View Post
I have a 195bh and wondering if a water pressure regulator should be used at the campsite faucet hookup? I'm using one that says it's preset to 40-50 psi and we have lousy pressure in the shower. Wondering if I can remove that and safely get better pressure??
Not unless you have a gauge to find out the pressure. You will blow fittings over 65lbs. The shower is a pretty common problem. Most members went to the oxigenic (check spelling) they sell them at CW and combine air and water to create pressure and use about 1/2 the water. They really work great. Also check to see if you have any junk in your shower head. It's always wise to use a pressure regulator you never know when something can increase the pressure at the CG. I use a preset 45 PSI, and with the new shower head my problem ended. Cost about 45.00 but make sure you get a shut off with it (button)...
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:43 PM   #3
H2oski
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hartford, AL
Posts: 637
Try to loosen your regulator a little bit (1/2 to 1 full turn) as long as it doesn't leak. I have found on mine plastice one, if I tighten it to much the valve will hang up and I won't have good pressure.

Good luck
__________________
Wife
2007 Chevy 2500 HD 6.6
2012 Sabre 31RETS
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Golfnbike13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 351
I have just switched to the Oxygenetics shower head and it's a little better but not much
__________________
Golfnbike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
mcnabbwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lower Michigan
Posts: 1,366
I always have a guage to see what the CG pressure is. The low pressure may be them and not you.
__________________
Bill & Pam
2014 Trilogy 3650RE
2015 F350 PSD
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:00 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 231
I have 3 pressure regulators and never use them. Never had a problem with campground water pressure, but I have had problems with low water pressure when I've tried to use the regulators.
__________________
techntrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:52 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: St. Charles, MO
Posts: 192
I became a believer in the use of the regulator a long time ago, no problem with the trailer lines but the toilet valve would not hold against the pressure. You do not want to awaken at 3AM for a little relief before returning to sleep and find a throne room floor flowing to the low spot. Another reason to have the rv not dead level with a premeditated pitch.
The flow rate of the shower is probably due to the flow restrictors used to keep below the pump output. The other thing is that not all regulators are equal. I have a brass regulator, I believe it is a Watts brand and I also have a cheepo plastic wallyworld. Both keep pressure as advertised but the Watts does it with no noticeable flow restriction while the plastic cheapo passes much less volume. An alternative, if you don't mind a bit of clunkyness would be to use a diaphragm regulator, and gauge with inlet and outlet adapted for hose connections.
__________________
Timtation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:39 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
jawga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 179
second the oxygentics head, made a world of difference, but also sometimes its the campgrounds also
__________________
jawga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:48 AM   #9
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabbwr View Post
I always have a guage to see what the CG pressure is. The low pressure may be them and not you.
X2
I like being able to see what the pressure is.

My shower head was pretty bad and would had been a deal breaker if I saw it in action. After soaking the shower head in CRL and clearing up the clogged holes I'm happy with the cheap shower head that came with the TT.
__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:04 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtation View Post
I became a believer in the use of the regulator a long time ago, no problem with the trailer lines but the toilet valve would not hold against the pressure. You do not want to awaken at 3AM for a little relief before returning to sleep and find a throne room floor flowing to the low spot. Another reason to have the rv not dead level with a premeditated pitch.
The flow rate of the shower is probably due to the flow restrictors used to keep below the pump output. The other thing is that not all regulators are equal. I have a brass regulator, I believe it is a Watts brand and I also have a cheepo plastic wallyworld. Both keep pressure as advertised but the Watts does it with no noticeable flow restriction while the plastic cheapo passes much less volume. An alternative, if you don't mind a bit of clunkyness would be to use a diaphragm regulator, and gauge with inlet and outlet adapted for hose connections.
Your correct the pex lines can hold the pressure it the fixtures that are held together with "O" rings that blow. If you change out your faucets to household, your problem is over. The most and common faucets that blow have been the bathroom sink and shower. I don't know what you can do with the toilet but haven't heard of to many of them blowing from over PSI.
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pressure, water

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 PM.