Old 03-28-2016, 10:02 PM   #11

I had a similar problem with my Salem Hemisphere. Got to our destination and set up, we noticed water coming from under the sink in the island. We had driven 8 hours on our second leg of our trip and agreed, the interstate was a bit bumpy. While making something to eat, we heard water running under the sink. Looked under the sink and the connection must have been so loose that the nut came off the drain pipe while driving down the road. It couldn't have been very tight for the pipe to separate like that. I then checked all the pipes that I could reach and the rest were ok. That should be on the personal checklist for the first couple of trips after buying a new unit.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I think our first camping trips,,, should be in our own back yard !!!
LOL !!!

Nice Photos !!! Are you able to pull that TT with that car ???
Yes, the new TT is right at my weight limit. It's an 08 AWD Cadillac SRX 6 cylinder SUV with the towing package (20" wheels, trans cooler, etc) and a heavy duty hitch and weight distribution unit.

Cadillac just said don't get in a hurry. I'm quite impressed actually with how it tows. I got 10+ mpg going from Boise to Twin Falls. I went about 60mph. The electric brakes with the prodigy II controller is excellent as well. The towing capacity of the SUV is 4500lbs and the trailer is rated 4,300 lbs. I don't travel with any liquids in the tanks. I'm thinking about removing the very heavy bike rack on the rear of the trailer. It must be 150+lbs with the spare tire and the rack. I can barely lift it up because it has to be lowered to hook up the city water.

2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:22 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary G. View Post
Yes, the new TT is right at my weight limit. It's an 08 AWD Cadillac SRX 6 cylinder SUV with the towing package (20" wheels, trans cooler, etc) and a heavy duty hitch and weight distribution unit.

Cadillac just said don't get in a hurry. I'm quite impressed actually with how it tows. I got 10+ mpg going from Boise to Twin Falls. I went about 60mph. The electric brakes with the prodigy II controller is excellent as well. The towing capacity of the SUV is 4500lbs and the trailer is rated 4,300 lbs. I don't travel with any liquids in the tanks. I'm thinking about removing the very heavy bike rack on the rear of the trailer. It must be 150+lbs with the spare tire and the rack. I can barely lift it up because it has to be lowered to hook up the city water.
Thanks for the reply !!! Very Interesting !!!
Old 03-29-2016, 02:26 PM   #14
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary G. View Post

OK, you are clearly exceeding the Caddy's specs.

The 4300 number you're using is the fictional "dry" weight, based on a stripped down version of the trailer. If it's a 261bhxl.
I'll bet that the factory UVW yellow weight sticker will show the weight to be over the Caddy's 4500lbs max.
And that 4500 number is rated with only a 150lb driver in it. No passengers and no cargo.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:38 AM   #15

Best thing to do to know what you have is weigh it. Our Cruise Lite sticker says 6090#. On our way home from the dealer we pulled into the grain elevator I used to work at it weighed 6920! Then when got water hooked to in the driveway, like you we had indoor and outdoor kitchen sink and toilet lines leaking! I called the dealer and asked him with 3 water lines not even close to hand tight did it pass a pressure test? Hmmm....
From one newbie to another, welcome!

2010 Ford Expedition EL Limited

2016 Salem Cruise Lite 282QBXL
Old 03-30-2016, 09:20 AM   #16

Sounds like Gary should trade his Caddy for a F-250 Crew Cab !!!
Then he can load his TT to the max !!!
LOL !!!
Old 03-30-2016, 09:58 PM   #17

I just checked the towing capacity with the Curt hitch and leveling sway bars it is rated for 500lbs hitch weight and 5,000lbs empty weight. The trailer with the bike rack on the yellow sticker says 4765lbs empty weight. I'm removing the bike rack, that should take away about 150lbs leaving the spare on a bumper holder that I will get and bolt on. That should make it much more within the weight limit. I never carry water or partial/full grey or black tanks. I at least feel better about it. It does handle very well and the SUV power seems adequate.

2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote