Old 04-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaintn View Post
I'm so glad you asked this question. I also just got a new 26TBUD about a month ago, and I'm dying to get a TV in there. I'm wondering if you have to get one of the "flush mounts" so that the TV doesn't stick out too far to interfere with the swivel.

I also am interested in the mirror mount - that's a good idea.
Yeah, I've seen the mirror setup at RV shows. Looks pretty good, I wouldn't mind doing that down the road.

For the TV I was also thinking a flush/low mount would be better... I'm just going with one of the low profile ones on Amazon for $15-20. No tilt or anything, just a simple flush wall mount.

My only concern with picking "any old" mount would be it's durability in an RV setup. I figure I can work around this in two ways - mount the TV only when setup (not ideal) or install some mechanism so the TV can't bounce out during transport. I guess I could jam a block of soft foam above the TV during towing or install a screw from above locking the TV in the wall mount. I've read a few horror stories of TV's bouncing out of the bracket during travel and finding them on the floor.

It's weird installing a TV isn't covered in the manual... But I guess that's a dealer markup...

Old 04-05-2011, 11:16 PM   #12

I've never mounted a TV before - is it easy to just take it off the mount and then put it back in? Does it just slide in and out? If it involves tools I know we wouldn't want to do that. We typically take short (2 or 3 day) trips and it just wouldn't be worth it.

Nights camped so far in 2011 - 2
karaintn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaintn View Post
I'm so glad you asked this question. I also just got a new 26TBUD about a month ago, and I'm dying to get a TV in there. I'm wondering if you have to get one of the "flush mounts" so that the TV doesn't stick out too far to interfere with the swivel.

I also am interested in the mirror mount - that's a good idea.
I wouldn't worry about the turn... I bought a TV with abuilt in DVD player wich adds to the depth of the TV. I mounted it on a mount that allows for up and down angle adjustment (so it veiws better in the bed) and that added to depth. Your depth concern will be closing the bedroom pocket doors over the face of the TV. Mine still fits fine. I also recently told on another post of the problem with the integral cable jack in the wall blocking Direct TV if you use the outside cable jack....

Direct TV cable problem solved
Old 04-06-2011, 09:52 AM   #14

I mounted a 26 vizio no problem. I made the dealer upgrade the concertone before I would buy it. . Works fine.

Daniel
Old 04-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #15
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedaniel View Post
I mounted a 26 vizio no problem. I made the dealer upgrade the concertone before I would buy it. . Works fine.

Daniel
And what did they upgrade to?
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #16

a concertone with the DVD player in it. Told them I would buy it if they put the DVD model in it. They did... But didnt wire it correct go figure. But it was a easy fix.

Daniel

Tags
26tbud