Old 03-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #1

New 26TBUD, thinking of mounting a TV... Ideas?

Recently purchased a 26TBUD and loving it. Thinking about installing a 22 or 26" LCD TV in the spinning entertainment center thing.

Any suggestions? Or installed pics?

- From what I read it's a good idea to take the TV down during towing.
- The backing should be strong enough to attach the TV mount with some bolts and washer. No need to do additional backing or support. Correct?
- Anyone do the mirror install on the other side?

I'm not normally afraid of installing a TV but drilling into that wood on my virgin 26TBUD is intimidating.

Thanks, for any suggestions.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #2

tv mount

I also am debating on mounting a tv or not. the area that i have is very flimsy to do either a base or wall mount . i can see some fabricating and re-enforcing taking place. and im still not sure about the ride going on back there..

Old 03-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #3

I just bought a 26tbud in January... mounted a 26" with no problems. The TV case is double walled.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:56 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Ehlendt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleblanc63 View Post
I just bought a 26tbud in January... mounted a 26" with no problems. The TV case is double walled.
He's right. The back wall of the unit is plenty thick. My mounting bracket is held in place by 4 screws; no bolts here. Depending on my mood when tearing down at camp dictates if I take the tv down or leave it up during the haul home. Hasn't budged a bit when I've been in a bad mood.
Just make sure you use screws that are shorter than the depth of the mounting wall and you'll be fine.
I have the 26TBUD and love the pivoting tv option. Only need one tv. Otherwise the DW would need a 2nd in the "bedroom".

Goog luck!
Reese WD Hitch
"Get busy living.....or get busy dying."
Ehlendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehlendt View Post
He's right. The back wall of the unit is plenty thick. My mounting bracket is held in place by 4 screws; no bolts here. Depending on my mood when tearing down at camp dictates if I take the tv down or leave it up during the haul home. Hasn't budged a bit when I've been in a bad mood.
Just make sure you use screws that are shorter than the depth of the mounting wall and you'll be fine.
I have the 26TBUD and love the pivoting tv option. Only need one tv. Otherwise the DW would need a 2nd in the "bedroom".

Goog luck!
Thanks for the info! I was tapping on the backing and it sounded like it was double walled. So for mounting did you just use 1/2" screws or is that too long?
Old 03-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
Captain of Industry

Call your dealer to verify the depth of screws you should use. They will know right away... Mine should be exactly the same as yours and I was told to use 3/4" lag screws, which I did. I bought an LCD bracket at Wal-Mart for ~$25 and it was easy to install. Bought the 26" LCD tv at Costco when it was on closeout. I've left mine up since I installed it. It gets checked whenever the camper gets moved and it still seems very solid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	4985  
Old 03-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to Ehlendt
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianb View Post
Thanks for the info! I was tapping on the backing and it sounded like it was double walled. So for mounting did you just use 1/2" screws or is that too long?
I just used a tape measure. Pivot the tv nook so you are looking at the side. Measure the depth on the outside. Stick the tape measure on the inside and measure the depth from the back wall to the front. Subtract. You now have the depth of the mounting wall. Go a little shorter than this when selecting your screw length! Sorry, I can't remember the measurement.
Reese WD Hitch
"Get busy living.....or get busy dying."
Ehlendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #8
one day at a time

Well we picked up our Tbud a few weeks ago and picked up a tv yesterday. I guess I'm going to try this today. I agree it doesn't seem strong enough but you guys have convinced me it will work. I bought a 26" Vizio led that only weighs 13#. Here goes nothing!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Believer View Post
Well we picked up our Tbud a few weeks ago and picked up a tv yesterday. I guess I'm going to try this today. I agree it doesn't seem strong enough but you guys have convinced me it will work. I bought a 26" Vizio led that only weighs 13#. Here goes nothing!
Please post some before and after pics, and any lessons learned. (If you don't mind.) I hope to install one in the fall, probably same TV - 26" vizio or similar brand w/ a flush mount. But right now I'm spending a small fortune on all the odd's and end's for a new camper.

Good luck with the install!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #10

I'm so glad you asked this question. I also just got a new 26TBUD about a month ago, and I'm dying to get a TV in there. I'm wondering if you have to get one of the "flush mounts" so that the TV doesn't stick out too far to interfere with the swivel.

I also am interested in the mirror mount - that's a good idea.

Nights camped so far in 2011 - 2
karaintn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26tbud