Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2015, 08:45 PM   #1

new air conditioner purchase??? help

Hi all, just purchased a new 2016 salem hemisphere, and it came with the 13500 btu a/c, it just can not keep up when temp. is over 80 deg. So I have decided to add a 13500 to the bedroom, the rv is a 5th whl and was wired and framed for the bed room a/c so no problems there, I need to know someone near Greensboro, n.c. that someone can recommend as a good place to purchase and have installed by, possibly a place that u have used and trust will do quality work, reasonable cost. Any help appreciated.
tommie.graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #2

Is it ducted? How big is the trailer? My 26rks has same unit and has no problems with keeping up. Check your ducts first for obstructions. Heard of a lot of these being blocked
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommie.graves View Post
Hi all, just purchased a new 2016 salem hemisphere, and it came with the 13500 btu a/c, it just can not keep up when temp. is over 80 deg. So I have decided to add a 13500 to the bedroom, the rv is a 5th whl and was wired and framed for the bed room a/c so no problems there, I need to know someone near Greensboro, n.c. that someone can recommend as a good place to purchase and have installed by, possibly a place that u have used and trust will do quality work, reasonable cost. Any help appreciated.
Is your trailer 50A ??? If so.....

Check Econo RV in Bassett, VA they are probably swamped with work right now though. Small dealer great prices. The owner Bobby is very reasonable to deal with.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:28 PM   #4

adding additional air cond

thanks for replies, sorry for long delay in response, I found what I think was a great deal while still on the road, I stopped at the camping world dealer in Nashville, they installed a 13500 btu coleman mk 3, out the door $918.00, and had it done in 6 hours after dropping off, it works great and has a two year warranty. thanks Tom
tommie.graves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner