Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2015, 09:34 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Golfnbike13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Cruise_Lite View Post
I added a stereo to ours today, very easy. Like the fact that I can run the sound for our TV through it too.




Love that install, never thought of that spot. Where did you pull power from? I'm assuming your TV is mounted above that counter beside the microwave, where did you run the audio cord to TV?
__________________

__________________
Golfnbike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:44 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
TN_Cruise_Lite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnbike13 View Post
Love that install, never thought of that spot. Where did you pull power from? I'm assuming your TV is mounted above that counter beside the microwave, where did you run the audio cord to TV?
Power comes from the TV antenna power supply. Audio plugs in the headphone jack on the TV to the input on the radio. I can actually hear the TV with the A/C on now.
__________________

__________________
2018 Coleman Light 1805RB
2010 Chevy Silverado 4x4
2013 Salem Cruise Lite 195BH (traded)
TN_Cruise_Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:27 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Golfnbike13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Cruise_Lite View Post
Power comes from the TV antenna power supply. Audio plugs in the headphone jack on the TV to the input on the radio. I can actually hear the TV with the A/C on now.

Do you need a car audio install kit to hold the receiver? I've done several radio install in car but never camper. Just wondering what supports the receiver?
__________________
Golfnbike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:07 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
TN_Cruise_Lite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnbike13 View Post
Do you need a car audio install kit to hold the receiver? I've done several radio install in car but never camper. Just wondering what supports the receiver?
That section of the cabinet is hollow so I drilled 3 evenly spaced holes on the inside and filled the cavity with low expanding foam. Made it super stiff. Then I just cut the hole to fit the radio and used the supplied hardware.
__________________
2018 Coleman Light 1805RB
2010 Chevy Silverado 4x4
2013 Salem Cruise Lite 195BH (traded)
TN_Cruise_Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:25 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Golfnbike13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Cruise_Lite View Post
That section of the cabinet is hollow so I drilled 3 evenly spaced holes on the inside and filled the cavity with low expanding foam. Made it super stiff. Then I just cut the hole to fit the radio and used the supplied hardware.

Smart thinking. I want to install mine in this corner panel by end of bed, but those seem like very flimsy panels. Any suggestions on installing there?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430414709.018045.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	75716
__________________
Golfnbike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:15 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
TN_Cruise_Lite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnbike13 View Post
Smart thinking. I want to install mine in this corner panel by end of bed, but those seem like very flimsy panels. Any suggestions on installing there?
Attachment 75716
I considered the same thing myself since a 12v power source is nearby at the light. I thought about using 3/4" plywood glued on from the back side to stiffen the panel. The reason I chose where I did was acoustics for the TV. I wanted the speakers pointed directly at me since our A/C makes so much noise and my years have rendered me with sub-par hearing.
__________________
2018 Coleman Light 1805RB
2010 Chevy Silverado 4x4
2013 Salem Cruise Lite 195BH (traded)
TN_Cruise_Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:11 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 36
We are enjoying our 195BH too. It's a strip down version for sure; less gadgets means less things to go wrong. Only thing i have added was a TV and a cable box outlet for it. Love the radio system here. Going to have to study you picture and consider putting one in myself.

We normally use our iPhone/iTouch to play sounds, i was thinking of getting some sort of speakers that are bluetooth and somehow make a permanent place for it in the cabin beside putting in the radio and speaker. But good point about running the tv output sound to those speakers.
__________________
tomngo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 01:30 AM   #18
Member
 
rtidwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 30
Stereo Installed

Finished up the install of the stereo and 2 speakers tonight. I went with the front cabinet for the install. I am considering putting a jack in for the "rear" speakers, so that we can plug something in outside.

That'll have to wait until sometime later when I have more time.

I think it turned out pretty well!

Russ Tidwell
Garden City KS
Salem, Cruise Lite 195BH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0612.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	278.4 KB
ID:	85491   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0613.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	85492   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0614.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	85493  
__________________
rtidwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:55 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Golfnbike13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtidwell View Post
Finished up the install of the stereo and 2 speakers tonight. I went with the front cabinet for the install. I am considering putting a jack in for the "rear" speakers, so that we can plug something in outside.



That'll have to wait until sometime later when I have more time.



I think it turned out pretty well!



Russ Tidwell

Garden City KS

Salem, Cruise Lite 195BH

Did you use anything inside the cabinets to support the radio and speakers or just screw into the thin panels?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Golfnbike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:29 AM   #20
2016 Avenger 26BH
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 65
In our 2013 195bh the factory radio is above the bed on the end closest to the door. I expect if they are prewired that is where the wires will end up?
__________________

__________________
Cleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.