Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #1

New Owner Salem Villa Estate

In acquired a 2010 Salem Villa Estate RV about six weeks ago but the prior owner lost all the systems pamplets and I have a couple of questions:
-How does the fireplace work? I cannot find a switch so is it remote controlled? If so, the controller is lost. How do I get another.
-There are two RCA Jacks on the wall behind the TV, black and red. What are these jacks for? I tried plugging into my TV Dish Reciever audio out but nothing happened. I though the ceiling speakers may be wired into these jacks.
Thanks,
Ron
Dorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #2

Hi Ron.

Is your fireplace a Dimplex? ...does it look like this?

If so, I don't believe it has a remote. I have one in another RV and the controls are located in the bottom panel.

Pull at the very top of the bottom panel and the panel door which is hinged at the bottom will drop down and enclosed in that panel will be all the controls you need.

At the left is the on-and-off switch and knobs which will increase/decrease the lighting intensity of the flame and the other knob will increase/decrease the motion of the flame.

At the right will be the on/off switch for the fan. There will also be a knob for the thermostatically controlled fan.

Here is the owner's manual for it if it's a Dimplex BF8000ST as we have in an RV. The control panel that I mentioned is shown (illustrated) on page 10 - Figure 6.

I'll let others answer your question to the TV plug issue.

And, we are thinking of buying a Forest River park trailer so I'm going to be asking questions on this forum eventually. Maybe you can help me out on some of the questions I'll have.

~~amanda
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #3

Thanks Amanda. Yes, exactly the same. Makes me feel stupid but at least not alone as I had a couple of guys look and we just didn't see the drop down door. I love the RV. I am trying to work thru a couple of other issues concerning the black water tank. The guy before me didn't know to close the valve so the tank got full of, well you know, so I am working to get it cleaned out.
Thanks again,
Ron
Dorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
Villa Estate 392FLFB

hey hey. I have a 392flfb! what model is yours?
Old 10-27-2010, 12:22 AM   #5

It's good you've got your fireplace figured out, Ron. It's a great fireplace. We love it. It produces so much heat that sometimes that's all we use.

So the previous owner left the black tank valve open when hooked to sewer? ...so that the infamous dreaded "pile of poo" accumulated?

The Stuff: That's what we're looking at, the 392FLFB. Any issues? Are you generally satisfied?

We are thinking of getting one to be used essentially as a stationary unit in the desert so we're thinking it will have to be especially well made to take the extreme temperatures, lack of moisture, and UV intensity.

I'll be asking a lot of questions on this forum in the next few months, I think. *heh*

~~amanda
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
Villa Estate 392FLFB

I am overall satisfied with the trailer and the layout. once i got it on proper blocking and leveled it was a dream. I have had to fix the odd thing like trim the door latch for the bathroom, had issues with the stereo and the entertainment center plugin throws the breaker all the time so i just dont use it. but these are all things that can be fixed over time.

link to my pics in my photobucket
Villa pictures by ANTheStuff - Photobucket

Tags
salem