Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #21

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to trying it out when it stops snowing.

2 Kids
sequoiaguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #22

I have the the remote on my 27rls. It does awning, stabilizers, and slide out use all the time. Remote is great in rain storm put awning up from inside. Let us know how you like it.
2013 so far 48 days
geodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #23

Nice to find this thread on the 26 TBUD, its a great layout and my wife loves it. We're close to pulling the trigger on one (or something similar) - also from Keystone RV up in Greencastle (they closed the Hagerstown location - bummer.

Question - our TV is rated for 7k lbs and the actual TBUD we're looking at is 5600. TV is an GMC Envoy XL, but it has the 5.3 V8 and 3.73 rear end. I wish it were 500-1000 lbs lighter, but - what do you guys think? Am I nuts to think we will do OK? Dealer (Randy) doesnt think itll be a problem. I would hate to find out the hard way.

Also - out the door price for a new one with power everything is around 17,290 - good price?

Thanks
ken in md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken in md View Post
Nice to find this thread on the 26 TBUD, its a great layout and my wife loves it. We're close to pulling the trigger on one (or something similar) - also from Keystone RV up in Greencastle (they closed the Hagerstown location - bummer.

Question - our TV is rated for 7k lbs and the actual TBUD we're looking at is 5600. TV is an GMC Envoy XL, but it has the 5.3 V8 and 3.73 rear end. I wish it were 500-1000 lbs lighter, but - what do you guys think? Am I nuts to think we will do OK? Dealer (Randy) doesnt think itll be a problem. I would hate to find out the hard way.

Also - out the door price for a new one with power everything is around 17,290 - good price?

Thanks
They didn't close the Hagerstown location. They had to move due to size of the Hagerstown location. Needed something larger. That location is now 1 exit up from the home location at state line. The 2nd location is where the old keystone Ford used to be.
wv campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #25

Quote:

Thanks
17K for a 2013 is a good price. Do you have the premium package that salem throw in this winter in it? With remote control for the slide-out awning and stabilizer jack?

I paid mine, 2013, 20K but up here in Canada where everything is more expensive
DcShoesCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #26
Always Learning

Quote:
Hello from a neighbor just a little ways to the east. For towing, you're likely borderline if not going to be a bit over your payload ratings. The problem is in the advertising - the Envoy being rated for 7,000 pounds should have a little asterisk next to it. * should say, with only a 150 pound driver, no passengers and nothing else in the vehicle.

The next catch - the TBUD being 5,600 pounds - is that the advertised unloaded vehicle (aka dry weight)? Is it the actual weighted weight on the yellow sticker on the camper? Or, is it your estimate (dry weight + about 1,000 pounds)? The problem is, you're never going to see the dry weight - that's because it's usually measured before adding propane, batteries and of course- your stuff. The camper's gross weight is the only absolute- but usually (and hopefully) is unlikely that you'll ever hit that.

So, where does it leave you? A camper will usually have 10%-15% of it's weight pushing down on the rear of your tow vehicle (called tongue weight). You need to make sure that you have enough cargo carrying capacity (aka payload) after adding the whole driver, passenger(s) and stuff you carry in the vehicle left over for that 10-15% of tongue weight.

Usually SUVs don't have enough to carry anything except pretty small campers.

I wrote up a "What Can I Tow?" blog post for my father-in-law when he was asking what his 4Runner could tow. It should help you determine how much payload capacity you have and what kind of camper that translates to. I did a second entry that took his real-world numbers so you can see how I put it all together.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #27

Quote:

Thanks
I did not buy a tbud, but the dealer I talked to quoted me like $14,800 for a 2014 with the show stopper package. Only add on was a $229 license and registration fee. And when I got the tt back to my state I had to pay tax. I ordered a 27 dbud for about $600 more and Eagerly!!!!! Await it's arrival. They are in Hamilton Ohio, I was not sure how good of a deal it was so I called a few more dealers and they would not touch the price with a 10 foot pole so I feel decent about it.
Thx
Kdz300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcShoesCo View Post
17K for a 2013 is a good price. Do you have the premium package that salem throw in this winter in it? With remote control for the slide-out awning and stabilizer jack?

I paid mine, 2013, 20K but up here in Canada where everything is more expensive
Sounds about right. Just picked up mine near Barrie for $19,500

Tags
26tbud