Old 08-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoSheriff View Post
I'm assuming gens=generators... Why do you have 2 generators? Why not just have 1 big one?
SnoSheriff yes gens=gererators couple of reason is they are easer to move around i think they are quiet, and i can carry them on the bumper. I was going to replace yhe thin bumper with a 3/16 wall metal 4x4 and a cargo carrier. We took a trip to Bob Evans farm and i ran them for about 4 hours with no problems. Then hooked back to camp ground power. A great time was had by all. Thanks got asking, I hope i answered your question

Old 08-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #22
carl.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougP47 View Post
1. What the heck did I get into., this is our first TT and I hope it will be a blast.
We love ours so all I can say is I think they are a blast!
Quote:
2. Any think I need to know before out first outing. We are going to keep it close to the house in-case we need something.
You need to know everything... Grin. Since you are going close I would not get to worried about it. Just bring some paper and a pencil so you can make your list of the things that need to be fixed and you want to bring next time.
Quote:
3. I was thinking about getting the Honda Generators the 2000IE and companion with it. Will that have the watts I need to run the air ad the outside frig. at the same time. Or should I go with something else?
This quite often becomes a religious debate. a 2k generator may run your AC and possibly a few other things. A 3k generator will do what you need even if your AC is having issues that day. Personally I bought a 3k Boiley generator and am very happy with it as it is pretty close to the Honda in features just a 3rd the price. Your mileage will vary.
Quote:
4. do I need to get any tool or equipment for the trailer inside or out.
I carry a minimum set of mechanical and electrical tools. You will find things that need a quick fix. Also a few others that most folks forget: 1. Water hoses. 2. 50, 30, and 20 amp converters so no matter what power you end up with you have juice. 3. A set of kitchen knives. 4. Your wallet.

Tekonsha P3 break controller
- 36 ft Monterey cabin cruiser, Stainless blender
Two 4.7 GXi I/O (2 x 320hp = 640hp)
carl.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #23

I tried the generator again last weekend. The muffler broke on the motor casting. The RV store I bought them from gave me a full refund on them and I bought 2 2000I and a parallel kit from them. I have not serviced them as of yet. Maybe in the next few weeks I hope to try this set. They a Honda's everyone have said you should not have any trouble with those. I hope so just tired of messing with the generators. Love the camper and even better when we go out and camp with it. Just setting there asking when and where are we going next
Old 10-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #24

I checked out the generators last weekend and ran them for about 4 hours under light load to help break them in. All looks great so far, I have put stabilizer in the gas tank for the winter storage. The camper is getting a few things repaired like the outside kitchen counter was separating where the rubber end cap was glued in place. 1pass through door seal was leaking. That’s about it for a season of camping. We are having a blast with our new and first time campers.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #25

We recently bought a 2013 Salem 30KQBSS and have taken it out once so far. We're going back out in a couple of weeks. We can't wait!

It's currently at the dealer having a little bit of warranty work done. Stuff that we discovered after our maiden voyage. Fingers are crossed that all goes well this next time out.

Disney, here we come!!!
Kariworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kariworld View Post
We recently bought a 2013 Salem 30KQBSS and have taken it out once so far. We're going back out in a couple of weeks. We can't wait!

It's currently at the dealer having a little bit of warranty work done. Stuff that we discovered after our maiden voyage. Fingers are crossed that all goes well this next time out.

Disney, here we come!!!
You sound just like us. We had a few minor things done at the dealer after the first trip. Other than a few football tailgates, our next big trip is staying at Disney for a Very Merry Christmas.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #27

Got our 30KQBSS last year. We love it!! The extra room in the back is for our boy (13) and the dining area / extra beds work great when he brings friends along. We even mounted a 26in TV and ran cable thru a splicer (the cable output is only for the antenna back there on ours) now he's got cable and space for his Xbox (for rainy days or late nights) when we aren't hiking or rafting. We love our "rolling condo"!!!
1972 Kim (wife)
1999 Jack (son)
2009 Vic (wheaten)
grimesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #28

Well the 30KQBSS is back at home safe and sound. Well safe anyway the grandkids stayed over last weekend. As for the sound well the girls found a new way to make noise. They took their socks off made them into a ball. The next thing you heard was ahhhh the socks started flying both ways. They had a blast, and it still winter time here. We can’t wait camping season kicks in. I only have two more mod to go and we are ready. Happy camping

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
DougP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #29

Yep our season starts in 4 weeks... We bring it home a week early to prep and check everything and "camp" out in front of our house (neighbors love us ) then it's on the road to Navarre, FL for spring break and camping on the beach!!!
1972 Kim (wife)
1999 Jack (son)
2009 Vic (wheaten)
grimesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #30

Hey Grimesb, I'm thinking of mounting a TV in that back room as well. Could you explain and list part numbers for your mount and how you ran the cable? Cable isn't as important as the mounting instructions and which mount you chose. I'm a little concerned about what studs they have in these things. I just purchased a 2013 30KQBSS. Thanks!