Old 02-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by turleybe View Post
Hey Grimesb, I'm thinking of mounting a TV in that back room as well. Could you explain and list part numbers for your mount and how you ran the cable? Cable isn't as important as the mounting instructions and which mount you chose. I'm a little concerned about what studs they have in these things. I just purchased a 2013 30KQBSS. Thanks!
Turleybe
I used a basic wall mount bracket from Walmart. The kind I can just lift the TV off and on and lock (I take it off in transit- learned that lesson the hard way).
Take the cable outlet off the wall and you can locate the "stud" either to the right or left of the opening- mark it and mount the bracket. From my mechanic at my dealer "these things are always built with "precision" and the studs aren't always where you think they are..."
For the cable -since you have the outlet off for locating the stud - just switch it out for a "dual port" outlet one is for the antenna and one for your campground cable. get some coaxial cable and some fittings.... I ran my cable from the "door side" of the trailer just to the left of the outdoor kitchen- tricky part is pushing the cable up to the outlet (easy if you have "fish tape")
You may get lucky and have the cable/antenna already set up in the back room (like you should for the TV in the master bedroom that came with it) mine didn't.
Hope that helps. If its easier you can call me 309-251-1933
Grimes

1972 Kim (wife)
1999 Jack (son)
2009 Vic (wheaten)
grimesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #32

Thanks Grimesb! I pick it up on the 15th of March...can't wait. Hope the weather gets a bit nicer. Low 30's for the highs in Dayton this weekend. Then supposed to go to Omaha the next week. Won't take it to Omaha if I think snow will be around. Newbie to towing...doubt I leave the slow lane much till I get the hang of it.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #33

Good luck and enjoy it I hope the weather works out for you. I'm pretty new To towing mine as well. I had been using a Land Rover LR three believe it or not. We took six trips and other than a few tricky backups it works fine. But I just picked up a 2013 expedition And will be using that for our first long trip down to Florida in about a month. Take yours out to a big parking lot like a Walmart or at a mall in practice for a day it Helps a lot making your turns and doing back ups etc. And make sure you're swaybar's tight as hell when you're driving and loose when you're backing it up.
1972 Kim (wife)
1999 Jack (son)
2009 Vic (wheaten)
Old 02-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #34

Quote:
Thanks Grimesb! I pick it up on the 15th of March...can't wait. Hope the weather gets a bit nicer. Low 30's for the highs in Dayton this weekend. Then supposed to go to Omaha the next week. Won't take it to Omaha if I think snow will be around. Newbie to towing...doubt I leave the slow lane much till I get the hang of it.
turleybe looks like we are just up the road from you. I'm east of Urbana about 10 minutes out. Looks like April before we will make our first trip this year. Congratulations on your choice on tt we love ours.

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
DougP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #35

Quote:
Turleybe,keep a eye on the (Tadpole South Rally) details coming soon! Youroo!!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #36

You in St Joe?

Where/what is the Tadpole Rally??
1972 Kim (wife)
1999 Jack (son)
2009 Vic (wheaten)
Old 02-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #37

Turlebe what is your TV? Tadpole South Rally Should be great time. It would be great to see you there.

youroo any idea when and where. Lowbubba+ might even bring the blimp; I might have to bring Nemo the flying fish along.

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
Old 02-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #38

I have a 2010 Chevy Silverado 5.3L with 3.42 axle. I upgraded the axle from 3.08 to 3.42 to increase the towing capacity. I'm a little hesitant about the Chevy being enough...but I plan on doing most of my towing in the Midwest where there are few, what I would call "towing challenges". I mean, I wouldn't take it on certain roads in WV (home state), that's for sure.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #39

OK...Tadpole South Rally??? Haven't seen anything on that. Where/When?
Old 03-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #40

Quote:
OK...Tadpole South Rally??? Haven't seen anything on that. Where/When?
Look for (OMI 2013Tadpole Rally) is starting to happen. Talking dates and location.

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012