Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
DougP47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimesb View Post
Anyone out there with a 30KQBSS... Looking to de-winterize mine. Dealer says there are 3 valves I need to "flip"... 2 located under the sink and 1 on the water heater.... Can't find any ??
Any pics or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!
One by the outdoor kitchen

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130323_121259.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	26173
__________________

__________________


Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
DougP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
DougP47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 327
One between the wheel wells. Same side

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130323_121437.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	26174
__________________

__________________


Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
DougP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
DougP47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 327
Heater access mod. Plastic latch broke, installed finder nut ans know 8/32 thread. No problems now. I'm also going to move electric switch inside the control panel with the slide control and tank sensors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130323_121657.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	26175
__________________


Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
DougP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
DougP47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 327
Remove the anode rod for heater drain.
__________________


Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
DougP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #65
Member
 
Bearcat55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cincinnati, Oh
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimesb View Post
Anyone out there with a 30KQBSS... Looking to de-winterize mine. Dealer says there are 3 valves I need to "flip"... 2 located under the sink and 1 on the water heater.... Can't find any ??
Any pics or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!
There is a false wall in the cabinet below the sink. All 3 valves are behind it. It's only held in by two screws that go into the floor. Remove the closest screw and just loosen to back one. This will allow you to slide the panel open and reach the valves. It's definitely tight quarters but you can manage.
__________________
2012 Salem 30KQBSS
2010 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.4L
Bearcat55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
DougP47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat55 View Post

There is a false wall in the cabinet below the sink. All 3 valves are behind it. It's only held in by two screws that go into the floor. Remove the closest screw and just loosen to back one. This will allow you to slide the panel open and reach the valves. It's definitely tight quarters but you can manage.
I guess I miss under stood the question. If you need pic's let me know. I changed my square heads out to stud and wing nuts. Easy access now.
__________________


Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
DougP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #67
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougP47 View Post

I guess I miss under stood the question. If you need pic's let me know. I changed my square heads out to stud and wing nuts. Easy access now.
Thanks Bearcat
First time de-winterizing and my dealer is none to helpful (gets a little agitated with newbies)
I've never used my fresh water tank but apparently I need to fill it to flush the system? If so I'll have to take a separate hose to the campground won't I? Sorry for all the questions.
Any help is appreciated.
__________________

__________________
Grimes!!2012 Salem 30KQBSS
2013 Ford Expedition
2006 Land Rover LR3
1972 Kim (wife)
1999 Jack (son)
2009 Vic (wheaten)
grimesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.