Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2018, 05:19 PM   #1

New salem cruiselite 201bhxl

Hi everyone,

We just picked up our first RV yesterday, a 2019 201BHXL and I have a couple questions.

First, does this particular model have the ability to adjust the colors on the awning LED bar? I can't find a remote or anything for this and it would be neat to be able to do.

Secondly, I seem to be missing some manuals, 1 for the AC unit. (I think it was a mistake as I have 2 sets of refrigerator manuals in my packet, but nothing on the Dometic AC). Is there a way to get this information easily?

Also, Is there a guide on how to operate the little remote control for the awning/stabilizers? I think I have it figured out, but its kind of quirky. Want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

Thank you!
AG4SM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:39 AM   #2

There should be a small remote with multi coloured buttons for the awning lights. Ours was missing when we picked up our 2018 Salem 27RKSS. Turns out the first few trailers delivered to the dealer were all missing them. I would go back to your dealer. The other remote, I figured it out by trial and error.
Sparky817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:11 AM   #3

So the led colors remote, yeah it ain't there. Is there a way to tell if our LED bar has this capability and the dealer pilfered the remote to use elsewhere? I want to have my guns loaded before I go to the dealer and demand the remote. In other words, I want to make double sure that we have this feature.

Thanks!
AG4SM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG4SM View Post
So the led colors remote, yeah it ain't there. Is there a way to tell if our LED bar has this capability and the dealer pilfered the remote to use elsewhere? I want to have my guns loaded before I go to the dealer and demand the remote. In other words, I want to make double sure that we have this feature.

Thanks!
Ours was part of an option package. We had a paperboard advertising display in the trailer showing pictures of what was included. It listed the flashing lights and showed the remote. It was very annoying whenever we turned them on and could not change them to just normal clear lights.
Sparky817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:53 AM   #5
Pro RV Transporter

I have the exact same model, only mines a 2017. There should be a little receiver gizmo for the awning lightbar on the top right corner of the outside door. This is what you would “point” the remote at to change the color or flash sequence. I’d look and see if this is there and if it is, you’ll know the remote is just missing. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1398.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	188798Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1397.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	354.7 KB
ID:	188799

2018 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 201BHXL

Professional RV transporter. I haul new TT’s and 5’ers all over the country.
Jhenson2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:48 AM   #6

also you should have a blank-off plate inside to the top-left of the door, inside it is the controller for the light-bar. I have a 2017.
BayouCamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouCamper1 View Post
also you should have a blank-off plate inside to the top-left of the door, inside it is the controller for the light-bar. I have a 2017.
My 2019 171rbxl does not come with the multi-color option - only white.
Now I know what that blank cover is for. Checked inside, but nothing there.
2018 JGC Limited 4x4 w/tow
MarkDNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Also, Is there a guide on how to operate the little remote control for the awning/stabilizers? I think I have it figured out, but its kind of quirky. Want to make sure I know what I'm doing.
I think I've used that little remote a total of one time. In my opinion its totally a marketing gimmick. The hard wired switches for those items are in a great location to watch them work, and I don't think you want to operate those without looking at them... I guess if the wires broke the remote would be nice to have.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:41 AM   #9
D W

Quote:
Hi everyone,

We just picked up our first RV yesterday, a 2019 201BHXL and I have a couple questions.

First, does this particular model have the ability to adjust the colors on the awning LED bar? I can't find a remote or anything for this and it would be neat to be able to do.

Secondly, I seem to be missing some manuals, 1 for the AC unit. (I think it was a mistake as I have 2 sets of refrigerator manuals in my packet, but nothing on the Dometic AC). Is there a way to get this information easily?

Thank you!
You probably don't want to hear this, but all of these issues should have been raised during the PDI.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDNC View Post
My 2019 171rbxl does not come with the multi-color option - only white.
Now I know what that blank cover is for. Checked inside, but nothing there.
If you ever want multi color, they light strip/controller are the same as you get on Amazon for about $20 for the set, mine already have 5 or 6 blue LEDs out. I usually just keep it red(supposed to attract less bugs), but I'm in the south and nothing keeps the Skeeter away. The only thing I like the system/remote for is that you can dim it. There are actually RGB and white LEDs alternating and you can cut off the white and dim the color down low, just enough to see at night.
BayouCamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:18 AM   #11

Regarding the awning - I have a 241QBXL and with my remote (which also operates the stabilizer jacks) I press the Power button and then hold Select until it stops...on my unit it will be with the Awning. When I press Select again, it will move down to the jack front and again will take it to the rear. Hope this helps.

2021 Nights Camped: 29 (so far)
2020 Nights Camped: 18
2019 Nights Camped: 18
MartiB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, salem