Old 02-24-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
Trailer Life Newbie

New Salem owner-my first "real" question...

Where the heck do you buy sheets for a tt? LOL

I know that sounds silly, but I would prefer to not spend 3 times as much buying from a "camping store", ya know? My tt has a "short queen" (I think it's called) and 32 x 74 bunk.

Those aren't the hard ones as much as the areas that change from table to bed. I don't think they come with sheets? This is my first rv, sorry.

There is a kitchen table and a couch in the living area, as well as a "mini" table in the bunk room. I don't even know the measurements of these things. Just bought the tt on Saturday and don't have it yet.

I (will) have a Salem 36BHSSLE. Clueless!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
Head Rambler

We just use regular sized sheets on our dinette and jack kinfe. They fit close enough especially if you tuck them under a bit.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
Trailer Life Newbie

Like regular full size? Or queen? I thought if they were a little big I could get those clippy things that go on the corners.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedmom View Post
Where the heck do you buy sheets for a tt? LOL

I know that sounds silly, but I would prefer to not spend 3 times as much buying from a "camping store", ya know? My tt has a "short queen" (I think it's called) and 32 x 74 bunk.

Those aren't the hard ones as much as the areas that change from table to bed. I don't think they come with sheets? This is my first rv, sorry.

There is a kitchen table and a couch in the living area, as well as a "mini" table in the bunk room. I don't even know the measurements of these things. Just bought the tt on Saturday and don't have it yet.

I (will) have a Salem 36BHSSLE. Clueless!
Hello-
I use regular sheets for the queen bed (I dont really care if they are slightly large) and I use flat sheets for the other beds and then spread out a sleeping bag on top (for the kids) and then they have blankets as well to cover them. Its easy to make the beds when time for sleep and easy to take the sheets off when putting everything back for the daytime use. I have so many flat sheets at home that have never been used (because the kids do not like them) so I am glad I can put them to use now!

Allison

dufchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:43 PM   #5

We have regular queen sized sheets on ours. We use "camping related" items only as a last resort if we can't find something we need in a regular store.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:18 AM   #6

We use full size sheets from Walmart on the couch,twin size sheets on our bunks and dinette and queen on our bed. I found that the ones from Camping World were about the same size and cost much much more. Good Luck with your new TT.

Lori
Old 02-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #7

Welcome to the TT world.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #8

If you put a topper on your oueen size bed, a queen size sheet will fit just fine.

Life is something to do when you've finished breakfast
Chuck & Margie
Both Retired
08 2500HD Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Flagstaff 829fkss
Round Mound of Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #9

We use regular queen for the "big" bed and the wife got those fleece things that are kinda like sleeping bags for the bunks (kids). She got it all at Wal-Mart. I'm sorry I cant remember what the fleece things are called, but you'll find them in the bedding section, not the sleeping bag area. The kids love 'em. No zippers or anything and they roll up when done. Also easy to wash.

Have fun !!

2006 Avalanche 1500 w/6" lift
2007 Suburban 2500 4x4 w/4" lift
2008 Salem 26TBSS
P3 Controller
4 lil' ones & a Hottie for a wife
TravelSoftballDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem