Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2018, 02:52 PM   #1

New Salem villa..Problems

Need some advice for my elderly parents.. Last year they purchased a New SalemVilla from Camper inn... It was delivered a week before the end of the season and my parents head back to Florida.. This year they left happy and looking forward to there Summer place..Well that was short lived..There first few days there set the tempo for the last 3 month.. Less than a week into there stay they started having problems first the Converter went.. leaving them with no AC and no refrigerators..They had No AC current in the trailer.... Campers inn was called and said it would be a few weeks for them to get a service man out.. Service man came out replaced Inverter but told my mother Refrigerator was damaged..Happy that she had AC and electricity she went out and brought a small refrigerator..lass than 3 days later everything burns out again..she contacted Campers inn who explained it would be another two weeks.. She ran an extension cord from the outside to the inside and brought a few fans.. During this time every now and then the lights would come on Andy they would smell something's burning.. Moved forward two weeks tech comes out and checks outdoor plug and advise them to build a stand for the cord because the 50 amp plug on the side of the appeared loose..They then called y parents and stated they need the Electric company to come out and see if there's was issue.. week later Electic company says there is no issue.. Meanwhile my parents are still smelling something burning.. My elderly father went out to check the plug that goes into the trailer and he could smell something burning.. another week goes by tech comes out..He checks the plug in the trailer and finds they never hooked up the nuetral.. So now hey realize ther mistake..connect the nuetral and tell my parents they will be back in a few weeks to start fixing things... The damage done was AC burnt out, fireplace burnt out, refrigerator inoperable, no microwave, no stove or oven.. it's been 3 weeks since they discovered the issue and the tech tells her it's going to be another two weeks.. Altogether 4 month of living in the dark..They called Forest River and they were basically told they don't get involved with those things they approved the repairs but it's up to the dealer to fix it...Anyone else have any ideas how we can get this issue resolved...My mother called me in tears last night..So disappointed in forest river..

Tags
salem